Not just the oceans and atmosphere

Little doubt that this study was funded under the premise of mentioning Global Warming in some capacity in order to get paid..

News | Study: Climate Change Rapidly Warming World's Lakes

Climate change is rapidly warming lakes around the world, threatening freshwater supplies and ecosystems, according to a new NASA and National Science Foundation-funded study of more than half of the world's freshwater supply.

Questions at the end of the vid are highly revealing. They were asked how size of lakes mattered in their global average -- and the response was -- that really wasn't any gridding applied -- each lake was given a value.

Not time to draw any conclusions from this "letter form" paper.. I'd wait for the actual Global averages to be done.

It is so comical.

The denier cult's position is...

10,000 PH.D's around the world are all in a conspiracy and lying to make money, but the fossil fuel industry and their lawyers and lobbyists are telling the truth because they aren't interested in making money.

There is this bridge in Brooklyn that I have been holding on to for a while now, any of you denier cult bugwits who are interested you can get it for a real good deal! I'll even throw in the Statue of Liberty.

It is so comical.

10,000 PH.D's around the world are all in a conspiracy and lying to make money, but the fossil fuel industry and their lawyers and lobbyists are telling the truth because they aren't interested in making money.

There is this bridge in Brooklyn that I have been holding on to for a while now, any of you denier cult bugwits who are interested you can get it for a real good deal! I'll even throw in the Statue of Liberty.
97% of the Flat Earth Society was in agreement too

It is so comical.

That is what the denier cult is, the modern day Flat Earth Society.

It is so comical.

So proudly ignorant that you have ZERO experimental evidence

It is so comical.

You have fossil fuel lawyers and talk radio backing you.

I have 10,000 PH.D's around the world and every nation in agreement the problem is real and needs to be addressed.

But your fear of reality is like blinders on a horse. Good luck Mr. Ed.

It is so comical.

You have lawyers and talk radio backing you.

I have 10,000 PH.D's around the world and every nation in agreement the problem is real and needs to be adressed.

But your fear of reality are like blinders on a horse. Good luck Mr. Ed.

No evidence, not one repeatable experiment. It's just not science

ISKCON7.PNG

Settled Science
Science Settled

It is so comical.

You have lawyers and talk radio backing you.

I have 10,000 PH.D's around the world and every nation in agreement the problem is real and needs to be adressed.

But your fear of reality are like blinders on a horse. Good luck Mr. Ed.

No evidence, not one repeatable experiment. It's just not science

ISKCON7.PNG

Settled Science
Science Settled

Says the message board poster as 10,000 PH.D's laugh hysterically in the background.

It is so comical.

I have 10,000 PH.D's around the world and every nation in agreement the problem is real and needs to be addressed.

Just for the record -- what you are doing here is not following the science of GWarming at all. Don't know what those 10,000 PhDs agree on and what they don't. Dont even know what the debate questions are.. You're not following a science debate -- you're WORSHIPPING science. And taking the science evidence on faith.

Because somehow you got this vision that 10,000 PhDs agree on EVERYTHING. And you worship them.. That's why nobody wants to chat with you really when you come into these topics and spew your faith over and over and over again.....

REAL POLLS of climate scientists BY climate scientists show there is no solid consensus on the IMPORTANT issues of Global Warming.. It's that simple.. And that's really all I need I know on the topic of "consensus"..

Seen any lake warming evidence you'd like to share? ... Or do you believe because this "mini-paper" has 5 PhDs saying it --- that it is now "settled science" and needs no further discussion???

Basic question, are the GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere warming the globe, and changing the climate?

Answer from the vast majority of scientists, YES!

Now as to the details, how much are we changing the climate, what the immediate affects will be, timeline for the changes, yes, many disagreements among the scientists. However, there is as much consensus on the basic question as there is on evolution.

It is so comical.

Frank........this retard Newton thinks the 97% was 10,000 PHd's from around the world!!!:2up:. Dang.....and who would think there is a more naïve asshole than Matthew??:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Morning Skook,

there's no one else to correct this morning, so I opened up your last note.

When IsaacNewton used the term "10,000 PhDs" no one with reasonable intelligence would have assumed he meant a literal, precise, 10,000 people with PhDs. Now if you'd like to debate the 97% figure, we can do that. What have you got?

It is so comical.

Just for the record -- what you are doing here is not following the science of GWarming at all. Don't know what those 10,000 PhDs agree on and what they don't. Dont even know what the debate questions are.. You're not following a science debate -- you're WORSHIPPING science. And taking the science evidence on faith.

Because somehow you got this vision that 10,000 PhDs agree on EVERYTHING. And you worship them.. That's why nobody wants to chat with you really when you come into these topics and spew your faith over and over and over again.....

REAL POLLS of climate scientists BY climate scientists show there is no solid consensus on the IMPORTANT issues of Global Warming.. It's that simple.. And that's really all I need I know on the topic of "consensus"..

Seen any lake warming evidence you'd like to share? ... Or do you believe because this "mini-paper" has 5 PhDs saying it --- that it is now "settled science" and needs no further discussion???

There is some weird tick that conservatives have where they read their own biases into what someone else says.

I don't worship anything. I've just had it up to here with people like you who either don't understand the science or are intentionally lying. I really don't care if anyone talks back who is either ignorant or a liar. There is a list of those here, evidently you add yourself to this list.

Its your bizarre diatribe against all the rest of the NATIONS in the world and 97% of the PH.D's in the world.

What YOUR 'opinion' is has no value on the subject. You are free to express it of course, but its like someone that says "Einstein just had his opinion on relativity, my opinion is just as valid".

I'm sorry, it isn't. The science that Global Warming is real and is accelerating was settled 15 years ago. There hasn't been debate among PH.D's since then. They have simply been refining the data.

I know others here like to entertain you people who either aren't sure or are lying. I don't.

There is no debate any more. Sorry if that makes you sad.

It is so comical.

Frank........this retard Newton thinks the 97% was 10,000 PHd's from around the world!!!:2up:. Dang.....and who would think there is a more naïve asshole than Matthew??:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
Crick is in the running for sure

There is some weird tick that conservatives have where they read their own biases into what someone else says.

I don't worship anything. I've just had it up to here with people like you who either don't understand the science or are intentionally lying. I really don't care if anyone talks back who is either ignorant or a liar. There is a list of those here, evidently you add yourself to this list.

Its your bizarre diatribe against all the rest of the NATIONS in the world and 97% of the PH.D's in the world.

What YOUR 'opinion' is has no value on the subject. You are free to express it of course, but its like someone that says "Einstein just had his opinion on relativity, my opinion is just as valid".

I'm sorry, it isn't. The science that Global Warming is real and is accelerating was settled 15 years ago. There hasn't been debate among PH.D's since then. They have simply been refining the data.

I know others here like to entertain you people who either aren't sure or are lying. I don't.

Still debating Gravity, relativity, proton decay, why the suns surface is 200 times hotter than it should be, how something as large as the Moon is orbit around the Earth, but your Cult doesn't debate...that's awesome

Basic question, are the GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere warming the globe, and changing the climate?

Answer from the vast majority of scientists, YES!

Now as to the details, how much are we changing the climate, what the immediate affects will be, timeline for the changes, yes, many disagreements among the scientists. However, there is as much consensus on the basic question as there is on evolution.

That's CERTAINLY not the $10K "consensus" question Rocks and you know it. Because it would put me and Ian and a lot of others into the "consensus" category.. I challenge you to present ANY other IMPORTANT questions that you folks babble on about having "consensus"..

Like I said -- with no INTEREST in topic and no energy invested in understanding the issues --- all you really offer is faith and hero worship.

. You can't even tell anyone what it was that these 10,000 PhDs (supposedly) agreed on ---- CAN YOU? Now there is truly weird "tick"...

Last edited:
Oh I know, you scared deniers have your 'charts' and your 'polls' and all the rest of your vale of deniability to protect you from the scary world, but its all false. Not surprising that you post a chart of a 'poll' of only US citizens. Out of the 7 billion people on Earth we are 5% of the population, and out of that tiny minority of humanity the tiny minority like yourself that are members of the denier cult are irrelevant. The game is up Percy. The world has moved on but as usual, you cons are left behind to lament and grieve for years about the 1950s.

Whine away!!

Funny thing about street preachers screaming about stuff they don't want to understand. And can't or won't discuss. They tend to fade into the background and nobody pays them any mind. Any comments ON THIS TOPIC -- preacher man? You noticed any warming in the Great Lake region recently???
18267720-mmmain.jpg

Great Lakes surface water temperatures today (left) are much warmer as a whole than this time last year (right)(NOAA/GLERL CoastWatch)
PrintEmail
By Mark Torregrossa | [email protected]
Follow on Twitter
on July 06, 2015 at 7:37 PM, updated July 06, 2015 at 10:41 PM

The Great Lakes water temperatures are much warmer than this time last year.

It appears we are slowly climbing out of the cold water situation we had last year.

The graphic above shows a comparison of the surface water temperatures July 5, 2015, on the left to July 5, 2014, on the right.

If you scan the graphics, you can get somewhat of a feel that the lakes are warming up more than last year.

Here are the exact numbers, as given by the Great Lakes Environmental Research Center.

Lake Superior currently has a 48-degree average surface water temperature, compared to 44.5 degrees this date last year. The entire volume of water in Lake Superior is one-half degree warmer than last year. That may not sound like a lot, but Superior holds lots of water.

Lake Michigan is more than three degrees warmer on the surface than last year. Currently, Lake Michigan is 61.0 degrees versus 57.7 degrees last year. The entire lake volume is 0.7 degrees warmer than last year.

Lake Huron is averaging 61.5 degrees as opposed to 58.2 degrees at this time last year. It also is 0.7 degrees warmer through its entire volume.

Lake Erie is warmer than last year, but not by much. The average surface water temperature is 68.8 degrees compared to 68.4 degrees last year. The whole water volume is 0.2 degrees warmer this year.

Lake Ontario is almost two degrees warmer than last year. It's 62.0 degrees now and was 60.3 degrees last year. The whole body of water in Lake Ontario is the same temperature as last year, 43.4 degrees.

If we continue to inch above the average temperatures on land, the Great Lakes water temperatures will continue to warm to higher temperatures than last year. This warmer water temperature pattern will be one of the factors that may keep us out of another extremely cold winter.

Great Lakes water temperatures much warmer than last year

Here you go.

Well great.. Because had trend CONTINUED -- there'd be glaciers moving on shore in Chicago this winter..
Not a trend, that was a result of the deepening of the loops in the jet stream. A predicted occurance. I have posted the prediction several time. It was made by Dr. Francis of Rutgers.

Yeah.. The Dr. Francis that was bloviating about impending doom when her ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS showed only about 0.1deg change in Lattitude in southern extent of Rossby waves per decade. AND it showed that major changes were in the NORTHERN deviations of the jet stream -- not the southern extents that affect our weather. See this old link for a recap of what you missed..

"Deniers" in the news!!! | Page 3 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Another study of basic UNKNOWNS in climate science. With shrill declarations of doom based on less than 50 years of data..

50 years of data? What else is New that the Cult is pointing to a tick on a horses ass and calling it a trend .

Attempt to go back to the topic.. Interesting observation from studies on Lake Tahoe where a warming trend has also been identified. Actual water temp measurements since the 60s show about 1.5degF warming. HOWEVER -- NASA satellite data shows "over 3 degrees of warming in just last 16 years".. Needs to be resolved. And the study in THIS OP relies very heavily on satellite measurements.

NC Media Watch: Will Lake Tahoe soon reach boiling point? (Updated 12-27-09, 20:47:27)

6a00d83451e28a69e20120a784520e970b-pi

So what other effects might be in play here? Certainly Lake Tahoe has been fighting a clarity issue since all the feeders into the lake have been HIGHLY affected by development alongside river/streams. Leading to a very noticeable decline in water clarity which can increase direct solar absorption of heat.

image%25255B1%25255D.png

Secchi depth is a test where a white plate is lowered until it can't be seen..

Then there's the side-effects of regulations to control turbidity and pollutants in the feeder systems for the Lake. Highly restricted on what runs off into the Lake throughout the season. Which COULD mean that there is less volume filling the lake or that the streams/rivers are SHALLOWER than before leading to higher temperatures of the new waters entering the lake.

Don't know -- can't tell. Too many possibilities to pin that increase JUST on IR backradiation from increased CO2. Which we already know doesn't directly efficiently heat a volume of water.

Attempt to go back to the topic.. Interesting observation from studies on Lake Tahoe where a warming trend has also been identified. Actual water temp measurements since the 60s show about 1.5degF warming. HOWEVER -- NASA satellite data shows "over 3 degrees of warming in just last 16 years".. Needs to be resolved. And the study in THIS OP relies very heavily on satellite measurements.

NC Media Watch: Will Lake Tahoe soon reach boiling point? (Updated 12-27-09, 20:47:27)

6a00d83451e28a69e20120a784520e970b-pi

So what other effects might be in play here? Certainly Lake Tahoe has been fighting a clarity issue since all the feeders into the lake have been HIGHLY affected by development alongside river/streams. Leading to a very noticeable decline in water clarity which can increase direct solar absorption of heat.

image%25255B1%25255D.png

Secchi depth is a test where a white plate is lowered until it can't be seen..

Then there's the side-effects of regulations to control turbidity and pollutants in the feeder systems for the Lake. Highly restricted on what runs off into the Lake throughout the season. Which COULD mean that there is less volume filling the lake or that the streams/rivers are SHALLOWER than before leading to higher temperatures of the new waters entering the lake.

Don't know -- can't tell. Too many possibilities to pin that increase JUST on IR backradiation from increased CO2. Which we already know doesn't directly efficiently heat a volume of water.

Thanks! That's an interesting idea that I hadn't heard of before.

It's not really UHI effect but it is related. Instead we see past temperatures cooled, whereas this is another reason for them to be raised (or present temps to be cooled).

Forum List

Back