Not Sure What To Do With the Homeless?

There are an estimate 650,00 truly homeless derilects in the USA. Each one of them has their own story./

The Band - Shape I'm In (album version) - YouTube

That's a good song by The Band.
With the topic of helping those with mental difficulties who have somehow fallen through the cracks of our healthcare system currently being in the news, I thought to create a morphing animation from two images of a homeless man in Baltimore that I took several years ago. I don't know what his current situation is.
[ame=http://youtu.be/jNFtB_UkcAI]Homeless Man with Mental Difficulties - YouTube[/ame]

Quick question..........................since you don't know what their situation is, how can you possibly morph it into something that is real?

Do you know what their situation was? Do you know what their situation is?

We already know that you don't really care what it became. All you did was take pictures, yet you did nothing to improve their lot.

At least..................if you did.......................you haven't shared it on this thread yet.

There are an estimate 650,00 truly homeless derilects in the USA. Each one of them has their own story./

With the topic of helping those with mental difficulties who have somehow fallen through the cracks of our healthcare system currently being in the news, I thought to create a morphing animation from two images of a homeless man in Baltimore that I took several years ago. I don't know what his current situation is.
[ame=http://youtu.be/jNFtB_UkcAI]Homeless Man with Mental Difficulties - YouTube[/ame]

Quick question..........................since you don't know what their situation is, how can you possibly morph it into something that is real?

We already know that you don't really care what it became. All you did was take pictures, yet you did nothing to improve their lot.

At least..................if you did.......................you haven't shared it on this thread yet.
How many homeless have you offered a home to?

Homeless Man with Mental Difficulties - YouTube

Never offered a home, but I have offered meals (which were taken when offered), as well as have offered to wash their clothes (which I have done).

I was also instrumental in someone getting a place in my apartments (as I was manager) and they had a place to live, even though they had to pay rent (around 350 bucks/month, which included rent as well as utilities).

Never offered a home, but I have offered meals (which were taken when offered), as well as have offered to wash their clothes (which I have done).

I was also instrumental in someone getting a place in my apartments (as I was manager) and they had a place to live, even though they had to pay rent (around 350 bucks/month, which included rent as well as utilities).
I didn't think so.

I didn't think so.

Quick question S.J...........................how many people have YOU fed? How many people's clothes have YOU cleaned?

How many people have you offered a place to live at a reasonable price?

I'm guessing none................

Me? I've done all three, and yeah........................I live in the footsteps of Jesus.

I treat my brothers (as in all my fellow human beings) as I would like to be treated.

I didn't think so.

Quick question S.J...........................how many people have YOU fed? How many people's clothes have YOU cleaned?

How many people have you offered a place to live at a reasonable price?

I'm guessing none................

Me? I've done all three, and yeah........................I live in the footsteps of Jesus.

I treat my brothers (as in all my fellow human beings) as I would like to be treated.
Big deal, you're offering them something for a price. If they're homeless it usually means they're also broke, so you're not doing anything for them. Don't hurt your shoulder reaching around to pat yourself on the back for doing nothing. Until you invite one into your home, without CHARGING them rent, you haven't done shit.

I think we should bring back 'the poor house' and mental institutions, but with much better conditions than in previous times.

Only the truly mentally ill should be in mental health care homes, and they need to be taken care of in a correct, professional way, not just housed there to be abused by the system or by inept health care workers. No Nurse Ratchets.

There should also be institutions for those who are mentally healthy but need food and housing. They could be self supporting farms, for example, with rehabilitation efforts, helping people to get back on their feet.

Many people who are homeless have addiction problems that would be dealt with in such an institution.

Of course, the 'right' would be against all of this because it requires government spending. But I guess they would rather have homeless people lying in the streets, begging, doing their toilet in public, going through their garbage, etc. Or run out of town with the idea if you can't see them, they don't exist or suffer.

The issue that motivated me to contribute to this thread is the problem of people with mental health problems slipping through the cracks of society's social service support network. Baltimore has a number of organizations such as Healthcare for the Homeless to address this issue. If the individual is a veteran of the military there is a Veteran's Affairs Medical Center in Baltimore, and another Veteran's Affairs facilty in Perry Point, Maryland specifically tasked to deal with issues such as post tramatic stress and homelessness. No one in Baltimore needs to sleep on the streets simply because they are poor, or needs to scrounge food out of the trash cans. If they are doing that, the reasons have to do with mental and emotional problems and not just with their economic situation. People with anger management problems have difficulty staying in the shelters and hence resort to living on the streets. My familiarity with this issue is not simply casual, as I myself stayed in homeless shelters in Baltimore from 2005 to 20011. I lived as an overnight "guest" in those shelters in Baltimore with no permanent address for six years. So I have a personal familiarity with who can manage to remain in the shelters, and who because of anger management problems gets evicted to sleep on the streets.

Forum List

Back