Note to desperate liberals: The public majority is FOR the Electoral College deciding the Presidency

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Keep up the good work, liberals! :2up:

By tomorrow this whining session will be over and they'll be trying to convince Chief Justice Roberts not to swear Trump in. Then of course it'll be impeachment.

The fat lady has sung.

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Yep- despite how much Trump hates the Electoral College, the majority of us still believe in it.

Donald J. Trump Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

Yep- despite how much Trump hates the Electoral College, the majority of us still believe in it.

60b50c0aeaf5b8e56dd183a8b28e5027.jpg

By tomorrow this whining session will be over and they'll be trying to convince Chif Justice Roberts not to swear Trump in. Then of course it'll be impeachment.

The fat lady has sung.

LOL- no the next step is the confirmation from Congress- which will of course happen.

The swearing in is ceremonial- the President is President as of inaugeration day.

Trump has a long history of opposing it.

checkmate.

checkmate.
not anymore LOL

the majority of us still believe in it.
Now if you would only tell the rest of the huge numbers of disgruntled, whiny liberal crybabies that in fact Hillary did NOT win the popular vote, maybe they would stop making fools of themselves and the rest of the world could stop laughing at them.

the majority of us still believe in it.
Now if you would only tell the rest of the huge numbers of disgruntled, whiny liberal crybabies about this, maybe they would stop making fools of themselves and the rest of the world could stop laughing at them.

There will always be disgruntled whiny crybabies.

Hell you still have the Conservative Birther crybabies.

How do you know most Americans support keeping the electoral college?

checkmate.
not anymore LOL

Yeah- amazing isn't it how suddenly Trump loves the Electoral college?

The majority doesn't.

The eleven million vote majority who voted against Trump probably disagrees with the OP.

checkmate.
not anymore LOL

Would you blame him? :badgrin:

lol, is the OP going to show us a poll somewhere that shows the majority of Americans supporting the electoral college,

or is he stupid enough to think we'll take his word for it?

checkmate.
not anymore LOL

Would you blame him? :badgrin:

Hell no- Trump is the master of the position pivot.

Forum List

Back