Note to desperate liberals: The public majority is FOR the Electoral College deciding the Presidency

Senators from Mississippi, Arkansas, North Carolina, Nebraska, Hawaii, and South Carolina argued that they would lose influence in the national election, and even though the Electoral College is complicated and has some potentially messy loopholes, it had served the country well and there was no real reason to change it. But most explicit in his reasoning was Carl Curtis of Nebraska, he said, “My state of Nebraska has 92/100ths of 1 percent of the electoral vote. Based on the last election, we had 73/100ths of the popular vote. I am not authorized to reduce the voting power of my state by 20 percent.”

Classic naked Congressional corruption there. Very revealing. Of course they'd lose influence --- they were getting artificially inflated influence to begin with (duh).

Contrast with James Madison, who proposed abolishing the "winner-take-all" bullshit, even though it would also reduce his own state's influence ---- because it was the right thing to do.

>>>>>>> BULLSHIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>about sixty (60) more polls here.
They say the same thing. So BULLSHIT.

Bullshit is right FACTS are if everyone in the country voted dimshitscum would be hanging from trees instead of even on the ticket. YOUR chosen ilk are the scum of the earth ruling class shit like the hitlers stalins king georges idiamins and other dogshitscum dictators, you are just too damn ignorant and indoctrinated to know any better. Until the start of the "Great Society this country was climbing constantly to new highs, when your party of the rich elitist snob egotist took over 60 years ago and have remained in POWER for 95% of the time it has been on decline. The reason we need the electoral college is to keep idiots who have no idea what is going on, but believes whatever the liberal controlled "KEEP ME IN POWER" media puts out as propaganda from giving the government absolute power over our lives. You and all of these "select the ones who say what we want to hear, then edit out the others" Polls are taken in an area when and where the result suits the pollsters. So you are the "BULLSHIT" PUMP. These are just like the polls that foretold the great victory of the shitscumbitch. Living with your sadly debilitating handicap of low IQ and easy indoctrination must be a severe challenge. I will pray for you, HAHAHA you betcha.

Wow. I'm gonna take a guess ------ Thorazine with a meth chaser?

Nobody's "hanging from trees", Hitler, Stalin, King George and Idi Amin are completely irrelevant here, I don't have a "party" and if I did it certainly wouldn't be the rich elitist snob one, the media is not "liberal controlled", it's commercially controlled, and I've already linked over sixty (60) polls that completely kick the OP in the proverbial balls.

That would be the OP that presented a claim with (still) no evidence whatsoever. Which makes it a SHUTOUT.

the 2 extra electors given to each state, both small and large, that do not represent the population is the ADVANTAGE small states were given by the founders, and THE ONLY advantage.... they DID NOT agree with the States manipulation of the electors given for their population turned in to a WINNER TAKE ALL....electors were suppose to have individual votes, going to the vote count of the candidate they supported....

the collusion of forcing electors to all vote for the same candidate is PRECISELY what they DID NOT WANT.

Again polls can be manipulated by changing the wording.

Not if they're objective. There's a science to it. Plus I linked over SIXTY polls all saying the same thing. Taken in literally every state, as well as nationally independent of each other. Meanwhile ***ZERO*** poll evidence has been shown, even a badly worded one, corroborating the OP. Once again that's ZERO.

You're actually going to sit there and suggest sixty unanimous independent poll results are ALL bogus while the complete absence of any poll at all whatsoever based on absolutely nothing beyond the fact that some moron who can't support his point wrote it on the internets is by comparison CREDIBLE?

Rotsa ruck wit dat.

What the fuck is it with you Delusionists who can't admit what's sitting right in front of your face?

Was there ever significant pressure for a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College?

Yup. Among them was James Madison, one of the architects of the EC itself, who proposed a Constitutional Amendment that would ban the perverse practice of "winner take all" state voting, which was just getting started in his day. He took that position even though his own state of Virginia would lose some of its influence in the process. And he did that because as one of the designers of the EC he could see it was a perversion.

Accept Trump's astounding victory and don't be a sore loser.

Once again assuming facts not in evidence. I've been on this case for the entire campaign, WAY before this election, and for years before that. The evidence is all over this board. So DO NOT put words in my mouth.

Most Americans want to get rid of the electoral college.
Of course they don't. That's why, in 200+ years where they could have gotten rid of it (during which they amended the Constitution 27 times), they still decided not to do it... and so did their representatives.

Little carabiner is right as usual. :lol:

Not if they're objective. There's a science to it.
More like a pseudo-science.

You're actually going to sit there and suggest sixty unanimous independent poll results are ALL bogus while the complete absence of any poll at all whatsoever based on absolutely nothing beyond the fact that some moron who can't support his point wrote it on the internets is by comparison CREDIBLE?
Again you are completely wrong.

At present you can't say a majority of people oppose the Electoral College.

Americans' Support for Electoral College Rises Sharply

The sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

You should admit your error.

What the fuck is it with you Delusionists who can't admit what's sitting right in front of your face?
Looks like you are the deluded one.

Yup. Among them was James Madison, one of the architects of the EC itself, who proposed a Constitutional Amendment that would ban the perverse practice of "winner take all" state voting, which was just getting started in his day. He took that position even though his own state of Virginia would lose some of its influence in the process. And he did that because as one of the designers of the EC he could see it was a perversion.
Was there ever much support for Madison's 1823 plan?

Founders Online: James Madison to George Hay, 23 August 1823

More on the benefits of the Electoral College: The Electoral College: Enlightened Democracy

Last edited:

More on the benefits of the Electoral College: The Electoral College: Enlightened Democracy

I uh, don't have an "error" Spunky, I have a massive crashing takedown.
OP trotted in with a completely unsubstantiated bullshit post and I shot it in the back sixty-three times, pausing only once to reload.

Even your own link above --- which was already posted upthread --- also disproves that OP bullshit.

Can't trump facts. So bite me.

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Keep up the good work, liberals! :2up:

And so are they, funny how there was absolutely no issue regarding the EC before Trump was elected. Remember, these people are supposed to stand FOR minorities (a lie, but nonetheless).

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

And so are they, funny how there was absolutely no issue regarding the EC before Trump was elected. Remember, these people are supposed to stand FOR minorities (a lie, but nonetheless).

Absolute fucking bullshit.

The OP posted a fantasy that has no poll anywhere to back him up ---- which is why none exists in this or any other of his posts here. He completely pulled it out of his ass. And he's been shown to be wrong by a factor of sixty. Meaning sixty to zero.

The Electoral College comes up like clockwork every four years exactly because ---- THAT'S WHEN IT'S IN PLAY, DUMBASS.

As it did, for instance, here:

Cw_y8rxXEAA8vWP.jpg

The OP posted a fantasy that has no poll anywhere to back him up ---- which is why none exists in this or any other of his posts here. He completely pulled it out of his ass. And he's been shown to be wrong by a factor of sixty. Meaning sixty to zero.

The Electoral College comes up like clockwork every four years exactly because ---- THAT'S WHEN IT'S IN PLAY, DUMBASS.

Cw_y8rxXEAA8vWP.jpg

So Donald Trump complained about the system before - and then went on to win.

And your post is supposed to prove what? He certainly knew how to win in what the system is. I am pretty sure that the EC was in no way part of Hillary's campaign, what we are hearing is a bunch of whinery.

Cw_y8rxXEAA8vWP.jpg

And your post is supposed to prove what? He certainly knew how to win in what the system is. I am pretty sure that the EC was in no way part of Hillary's campaign, what we are hearing is a bunch of whinery.

More proof that Trump has no principles whatsoever, except for the principle of supporting anything that benefits him.

Cw_y8rxXEAA8vWP.jpg

It was better when USMB would knock down threads with patently false thread titles.

lol, a huge number of REPUBLICANS suddenly shift to supporting the electoral college,

AFTER this election, and you think that proves something.

More proof that Trump has no principles whatsoever, except for the principle of supporting anything that benefits him.
Well in fairness he was just another citizen with an opinion at the time, assuming the tweets are even true. I don't think he knew too much about the political system but would know much more now running around the country securing state votes.

Regardless, what's he supposed to do now? Decline the office? It's the system we have, would have been stupid to run on the popular vote. Like Hillary.

lol, a huge number of REPUBLICANS suddenly shift to supporting the electoral college,

AFTER this election, and you think that proves something.
When did Republicans oppose the EC?

"From 1967 through 1980, Gallup asked a slightly different question that also found majority support for an amendment to base the winner on the popular vote. Support for an amendment peaked at 80% in 1968, after Richard Nixon almost lost the popular vote while winning the Electoral College.

Ultimately, he wound up winning both by a narrow margin, but this issue demonstrated the possibility of a candidate becoming president without winning the popular vote. In the 1976 election, Jimmy Carter faced a similar situation, though he also won the popular vote and Electoral College.

In a poll taken weeks after the election, 73% were in favor of an amendment doing away with the Electoral College."

Well, look at that drop:

vfmrqqtmq0ulvu5d83cj6a.png

Cw_y8rxXEAA8vWP.jpg

The point, for those of you whose reading capabilities go back only about four words, was, is, and will continue to forever be, that you last post that I responded to was absolute fucking bullshit. There's ALWAYS an issue with the Electrical College. The fact that you had your head in the sand does not mean the lights weren't on.

Forum List

Back