Note to desperate liberals: The public majority is FOR the Electoral College deciding the Presidency

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Keep up the good work, liberals! :2up:

Was slavery preserved by the Constitution for good reason?

I'm not surprised a 'neck like you believes that.

The Electoral College was put into the Constitution when it was originally written in 1789, for good reason. It has been more than 200 years since then. The American public has had all that time to decide whether they wanted to keep it. The Constitution has been amended 27 times in all that time, and never once has the public put any significant pressure on their congressmen to propose a Constitutional amendment to change or eliminate the Electoral College.

Clearly most normal Americans are just fine with it. Probably more so today than in previous elections. Clearly a large majority of the American people want to keep it just as it is, and NOT resort to electing a President by popular majority.

Sorry, liberals. I know you have no interest in following the law. But enough normal Americans do, that it is clear that a large majority of them want Trump elected just this way.

But keep please squalling and whining. It's one of the things that got you thrown out of office so hugely on Nov. 8, 2016. Your response seems to be to squall and whine even more. I'm happy with that, because it pretty much guarantees the same result in Nov. 2020.

Trump has a long history of opposing it.

checkmate.
electoral college results

Your post has nothing to do with my post.

If that was your intent, well done.

Provide us with evidence that most Americans support keeping the obsolete electoral college.

Note to desperate liberals: The public majority is FOR the Electoral College deciding the Presidency
So fucking what....

OP thought he could float his own myth with an ipse dixit that had no link.

Here's why he couldn't come up with one:

McClatchy-Marist poll, this week: >> When thinking about future presidential elections, should the Electoral College be abandoned in favor of adopting the popular vote to determine the winner of the presidential election? A majority of registered voters, 52%, think the popular vote should be the deciding factor while 45% say the Electoral College should be the determinant. Three percent are unsure.<<

Politico this month:

PO13A
Do you think the United States should (N=1,012):
  • Keep the Electoral College and the current way we elect presidents..... 403 (40%)
  • Amend the Constitution to replace the Electoral College with the popular vote, where the candidate with the most votes nationally wins the presidency.... 463 (46%)

PO13B
Do you think the United States should... (N=988):

• Keep the Electoral College and the current way we elect presidents..... 356 (36%)
  • Replace the Electoral College with the popular vote, where the candidate with the most votes nationally wins the presidency...........479 (48%)

Gallup 2013: >> Sixty-three percent would abolish this unique, but sometimes controversial, mechanism for electing presidents that was devised by the framers of the Constitution. While constitutional and statutory revisions have been made to the Electoral College since the nation's founding, numerous efforts to abolish it over the last 200+ years have met with little success.

There is even less partisan variation in support for this proposal than there is for term limits, with between 61% and 66% of all major party groups saying they would vote to do away with the Electoral College if they could. Similarly, between 60% and 69% of all major age groups take this position. <<

Gallup 2011: >> Nearly 11 years after the 2000 presidential election brought the idiosyncrasies of the United States' Electoral College into full view, 62% of Americans say they would amend the U.S. Constitution to replace that system for electing presidents with a popular vote system. Barely a third, 35%, say they would keep the Electoral College.

z3nps1gr0embveztgoctmg.gif

---- at least sixty (60) more polls here.

(JakeSTARKEY posted) "73 million voted against him and about 63 million for him. Daily you prove how stupid you are truly.")

Actually NOT that idea is some stupid fantasy you have. The facts are facts, you have no idea what any of the people who voted actually voted for or against. Your analysis is completely without basis and therefore like all of your posts wasted bandwidth with NO real basis in FACTS..

Jake is absolutely correct.

Total vote: 136,628,413 (100%)
Rump share: 62,979,616 (46.1%)
Difference ---- 73,648,797 (53.9%)

It's all here. Do your own math.

It's official... President Donald Trump… Where were those faithless voters?

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

This just in ---- a new poll says that 83% of Americans believe the country is controlled by the Lizard People of the planet Xylox, who live in a type of beehive and look like gooey bags of Fritos.

I don't have a link either though. I understand they're not needed any more. You just open a thread and declare it to be, and Bob's your uncle.

Dumbass.

331cf84e4e8bb3cc32090884916b0a9b.jpg

Unless links are to historical sites, or sites that are government, links are no longer viable.

Why? Which conservative is going to take a link from the NYT, or any other MSM outlet after WikiLeaks?! And if it was you, YOU wouldn't either. So you lefties better self teach yourselves how to debate, because 95% of your links are null and void to help you win a debate.

If not.....well then.......debate with each other, lol. We will look in to see how some of you reasonable people (not really reasonable, but actually close to the fringe of reality) handle Lacooter, Rdrip, Jake the snake, and Joe blow-) We would certainly look into those threads without responding, just to see how you handled your own far, left, wackos-)

(JakeSTARKEY posted) "73 million voted against him and about 63 million for him. Daily you prove how stupid you are truly.")

Actually NOT that idea is some stupid fantasy you have. The facts are facts, you have no idea what any of the people who voted actually voted for or against. Your analysis is completely without basis and therefore like all of your posts wasted bandwidth with NO real basis in FACTS..

Now see, Pugsly actually put up a credible site. Good for her/him.

Now then, let us do the math on what % of the vote Mrs Clinton did not get, just to see how close they were in dislikeability-)

Now then, let us do the math on what % of the vote Mrs Clinton did not get, just to see how close they were in dislikeability-)

That's easy. Her vote is 48.2% so it would be 51.8%.

It's even worse for Trump than the projected vote from a couple of weeks ago: about 63 million for to 74 million against. "PEOPLE LIKE YOU, 12icer, and the indoctrination corps in the" the fake media "are the reason we need "majorities both in "the electoral college" and the PV. The Alt Right are proving that m ore and more daily.

2016 PV results.jpg

This just in ---- a new poll says that 83% of Americans believe the country is controlled by the Lizard People of the planet Xylox, who live in a type of beehive and look like gooey bags of Fritos.

I don't have a link either though. I understand they're not needed any more. You just open a thread and declare it to be, and Bob's your uncle.

Dumbass.

331cf84e4e8bb3cc32090884916b0a9b.jpg

Unless links are to historical sites, or sites that are government, links are no longer viable.

Why? Which conservative is going to take a link from the NYT, or any other MSM outlet after WikiLeaks?! And if it was you, YOU wouldn't either. So you lefties better self teach yourselves how to debate, because 95% of your links are null and void to help you win a debate.

If not.....well then.......debate with each other, lol. We will look in to see how some of you reasonable people (not really reasonable, but actually close to the fringe of reality) handle Lacooter, Rdrip, Jake the snake, and Joe blow-) We would certainly look into those threads without responding, just to see how you handled your own far, left, wackos-)

I don't know what that diarrhea of colostomy-bag verbage is supposed to convey but the fact is the OP put up a claim with no link to his shit whatsoever. So I put up a satire of what he just did, also with no link.

Seems to have sailed over some heads. Oh well. Wasn't my audience anyway.

See, I set the trap, and the Alt Right (and others) rushed into it.

The public majority is FOR the electoral college? You mean that same public majority that gave Hillary 2.7 million more votes than Trump? Wow, who'd have thought.

The public majority is FOR the electoral college? You mean that same public majority that gave Hillary 2.7 million more votes than Trump? Wow, who'd have thought.

Oh let's break it down for you...

they voted for Hillary
But they endorse the electoral college, so they recognize that she lost.

Get it?

You can post the same bullshit story over and over until you wet your pants but the fact remains it IS bullshit, you provided absolutely ZERO links to back it up, while I've posted over sixty that prove it's bullshit,

Sucks 2BU huh?

Oh let's break it down for you...

they voted for Hillary
But they endorse the electoral college, so they recognize that she lost.

Get it?
Democrats are criminally stupid and ignorant.

NOT EVEN. To make that statement you must assume that the reason for a vote is that it was placed AGAINST the person you choose to name instead of FOR another candidate. You are ass-u-ming ( NO E MAKING AN ASS OUT OF ONLY U) that you have an insight to the reason the people placed their votes that you cannot possibly have. Therefore you do not know how many people voted "against Trump" if you say so you are LYING. BZZZZZZ ignorance such as liberals display with their constant belittling of their betters is SAd, but it is funny as hell. HAHAHA

Thing is you are so clairvoyant as to see why each of the voters in the country was voting, yet you were (like all liberals) too stupid to know your queen snake was going to lose. Seem to me you are woefully lacking in not only intellect, but also in capacity to rationalize your failures. Classic case of thinking you are smarter than you are, don't be sad it is a verifiable requisite to be a liberal.

Last edited:
It's even worse for Trump than the projected vote from a couple of weeks ago: about 63 million for to 74 million against. "PEOPLE LIKE YOU, 12icer, and the indoctrination corps in the" the fake media "are the reason we need "majorities both in "the electoral college" and the PV. The Alt Right are proving that m ore and more daily.

View attachment 102838
60b50c0aeaf5b8e56dd183a8b28e5027.jpg

Forum List

Back