Note to the Dept. of Education: Mao Zedong murdered 65 million people.

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
moe lane @ RedState:

This is the estimated number is from The Black Book of Communism: if some people consider that number suspect, there’s also Frank Dikötter’s estimate* of 45 million killed during the “Great Leap Forward.” Even the New York Times thinks that 30 million died in that atrocity, while noting that the ChiComs admit to 16 million murdered by the state** during that time period. In short: Mao Zedong was a ruthless dictator who killed on a scale equivalent to Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin.

NEVER QUOTE HIM AGAIN ON A DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION-RUN KID’S WEBSITE.
EVER.​

CENTER]

mao-zedong

I understand that they’ve already scrambled to get the quote off of the site, but… nobody checksthis stuff? – And that’s a question that should be asked Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, the next time he’s speaking in front of Congress.

Read more:
Note to the Department of Education: Mao Zedong murdered 65 million people. | RedState

Wow- The Black Book of Communism.

Really?

Do you have anything from a credible source?

Why you question Great Leader Mao?

Those people probably needed Murdering. And I'll bet in their hearts, they probably knew they needed it too.

Those people probably needed Murdering. And I'll bet in their hearts, they probably knew they needed it too.

Or that they lived in a society that had been at war with itself for a very long time.

Here's the thing. Back in the 19th century, they had something in China known as the Taiping Rebellion. Went on for something like 14 years. 20 million people died because the leader of the Taiping thought he was the brother of Jesus Christ.

China had been in a state of civil war, off and on, for a century before Mao ever came to power. 30 million Chinese are believed to have died in WWII at the hands of the Japanese. Female infanticide was common. In short, human life had become so devalued that they simply didn't see death the way westerners do.

Or that they lived in a society that had been at war with itself for a very long time.

Here's the thing. Back in the 19th century, they had something in China known as the Taiping Rebellion. Went on for something like 14 years. 20 million people died because the leader of the Taiping thought he was the brother of Jesus Christ.

China had been in a state of civil war, off and on, for a century before Mao ever came to power. 30 million Chinese are believed to have died in WWII at the hands of the Japanese. Female infanticide was common. In short, human life had become so devalued that they simply didn't see death the way westerners do.

Mao, he was just misunderstood

moe lane @ RedState:

This is the estimated number is from The Black Book of Communism: if some people consider that number suspect, there’s also Frank Dikötter’s estimate* of 45 million killed during the “Great Leap Forward.” Even the New York Times thinks that 30 million died in that atrocity, while noting that the ChiComs admit to 16 million murdered by the state** during that time period. In short: Mao Zedong was a ruthless dictator who killed on a scale equivalent to Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin.

NEVER QUOTE HIM AGAIN ON A DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION-RUN KID’S WEBSITE.
EVER.​

CENTER]

mao-zedong

I understand that they’ve already scrambled to get the quote off of the site, but… nobody checksthis stuff? – And that’s a question that should be asked Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, the next time he’s speaking in front of Congress.

Read more:
Note to the Department of Education: Mao Zedong murdered 65 million people. | RedState

obey-obamabigbro2-140x150.jpg

Forum List

Back