Nothing exists until verified and all theories are falsified until proven true.

If I say there are no unicorns, my argument, although unverifiable, is verified by default until someone finds a unicorn. The burden of proof is on anyone who says they do exist. If I say trees don't exist, I am only wrong because they have already been verified to exist. We should always lean towards something not existing until its existence can be verified.

If I say some unverified species exists, my theory is falsified the second it comes out of my mouth. Neither you, nor anyone else has to do anything to falsify it. I have to verify my theory to be true by finding an example of the species. The burden of proof lies with the person claiming existence of anything as of yet unverified to exist.

Every explorer is wrong until he verifies the existence of the place he claims exists. Every inventor is wrong until he actually invents his product. There are never any exceptions to this. Ever.

Surely things either exist or they don't, regardless of whether you've proven them or not.

If I say there are no unicorns, my argument, although unverifiable, is verified by default until someone finds a unicorn. The burden of proof is on anyone who says they do exist. If I say trees don't exist, I am only wrong because they have already been verified to exist. We should always lean towards something not existing until its existence can be verified.

If I say some unverified species exists, my theory is falsified the second it comes out of my mouth. Neither you, nor anyone else has to do anything to falsify it. I have to verify my theory to be true by finding an example of the species. The burden of proof lies with the person claiming existence of anything as of yet unverified to exist.

Every explorer is wrong until he verifies the existence of the place he claims exists. Every inventor is wrong until he actually invents his product. There are never any exceptions to this. Ever.

What are trees?

Really bad arsed grass.

Whether you prove it or not, it doesn’t mean it does or doesn’t exist. Many things exist that I have never heard of or seen, however they exist.

Nothing exists until verified and all theories are falsified until proven true
I imagine this applies to the theory you've just advanced.

So what was your point?
Ew-little-girl-face-.jpg

Forum List

Back