Now For Some Good News; Marine who Stopped Child Rape May Be Reinstated

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I had to share this considering all the angry, frustrating and mind boggling stupid news we are deluged with on a daily basis.

Kudos to Keitel for taking the time to stand up and be heard.

Harvey Keitel backs Green Beret punished for confronting accused Afghan child rapist | Fox News

A Capitol Hill push to reinstate a Green Beret discharged after confronting an Afghan boy’s accused rapist has garnered high-profile celebrity support – from actor Harvey Keitel, just days before an expected decision on the case....

A former Marine himself, Keitel said Martland and his team leader deserve a medal – not punishment – for their actions.

“[W]hen I was a young Marine I understood we were present in order to help others who did not have the wherewithal to protect themselves,” Keitel wrote, in an email to Hunter chief of staff Joe Kasper. “Whomever owns the idea that decided to reprimand these two men instead of giving them a medal for their actions should be asked what the hell they would’ve done if it was their child in question …”

The email was shared with FoxNews.com. Kasper said he also spoke by phone with Keitel who affirmed his support.

After a recent delay in consideration of the case, a decision on Martland’s fate is now expected by May 1.

For years I've been on human rights in Afghanistan and one of the most disgusting "traditions" I ever came across were the "Dancing Boys". And that many military personnel from NATO were being instructed to look the other way. Man oh man. Piss me right freaking off.

Upper levels of NATO were trying to buffer this really sick tradition and asking the boots on the ground to look the other way. I want to bazooka barf every time I put up the links.

It's "Bacha Bazi" where the wealthiest tribal leaders buy little boys and dress them up as women and sexually abuse them.

Thank you Harvey for stepping up to the plate and condemning the military leaders who punished these men.

Whoopsies! ETA:

Dancing-Boys-of-Afghanistan-documentary.jpg

I had to share this considering all the angry, frustrating and mind boggling stupid news we are deluged with on a daily basis.

Harvey Keitel backs Green Beret punished for confronting accused Afghan child rapist | Fox News

A Capitol Hill push to reinstate a Green Beret discharged after confronting an Afghan boy’s accused rapist has garnered high-profile celebrity support – from actor Harvey Keitel, just days before an expected decision on the case....

A former Marine himself, Keitel said Martland and his team leader deserve a medal – not punishment – for their actions.

“[W]hen I was a young Marine I understood we were present in order to help others who did not have the wherewithal to protect themselves,” Keitel wrote, in an email to Hunter chief of staff Joe Kasper. “Whomever owns the idea that decided to reprimand these two men instead of giving them a medal for their actions should be asked what the hell they would’ve done if it was their child in question …”

The email was shared with FoxNews.com. Kasper said he also spoke by phone with Keitel who affirmed his support.

After a recent delay in consideration of the case, a decision on Martland’s fate is now expected by May 1.

I really think we all need a "good news" forum these days.

:)

The best of luck with this!

I am sure the Afghani officer who was "corrected" as been privately told by his American opposite "to be not be in the field alone with American soldiers."

A story about the British in India comes to mind......the British officer of the local garrison was told it was the local tradition to burn the still living wife of a deceased husband on his funeral pyre.

The officer then stated that that was fine....but the British also had a tradition....of shooting and killing anyone who burned women alive.......

A story about the British in India comes to mind......the British officer of the local garrison was told it was the local tradition to burn the still living wife of a deceased husband on his funeral pyre.

The officer then stated that that was fine....but the British also had a tradition....of shooting and killing anyone who burned women alive.......

To this day I can't believe this "tradition" of torching the widows.

We have people freaking out over "Ground Hog Day" over here as a reprehensible act of animal cruelty meanwhile back at the ranch errrrrrrrrrrr colony, funeral directors were giving out a 2 for 1 burn 'em if you got them funeral pyre.

"We're not here to do the right thing, we're here to follow fucking orders!"
-Capt. John Miller, Saving Private Ryan

I really think we all need a "good news" forum these days.

:)
Don't count on the neoQueers to bring happy news here.

I just hope the military does the self-contradictory thing and gives real Military Justice with this marine.

Rustic does not realize that in the last 150 years international rules have been developed for "allies" working together and SOFA designed to facilitate cooperation.

Conflicts are nothing new.

The American commander who had the clout to make this Afghani officer go away should have done it once his actions were made known to him.

If this rape had happened in town, there could be something to be said for minding one's own business. It happened on an American military base. The marine who stopped that rape should get a medal.

That the guy was going to be discharged over this tells me we have deeper problems in our military....problems that hurt my soul.

See that's just it; our military leadership is too busy kissing the inside of Obama's colon to properly lead their men.

No wonder morale is plummeting.

We need to do an anti-PC purgative ASAP.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back