Now that Kasich wins Ohio his mission is to catch Cruz

Its like a denial convention in this thread. For fuck's sake, Kasich couldn't even get 50% in his OWN state.

truth.png

I like Kasich but it's silly to fantasize that he will be nominated. He won his own freaking state and supporters are jumping up and down about it. He can't win enough delegates at this point and the only way he can possibly win the nomination is a gigantic dirty trick that subverts the will of the majority of republicans and that ain't gonna be a pretty sight.

I like Kasich but it's silly to fantasize that he will be nominated. He won his own freaking state and supporters are jumping up and down about it. He can't win enough delegates at this point and the only way he can possibly win the nomination is a gigantic dirty trick that subverts the will of the majority of republicans and that ain't gonna be a pretty sight.

It's true that Kasich might be too intelligent to qualify.

Completely agree. Trump is the GOP nominee or you are going to have one pissed off contingent of loons on the right. Never mind that even independents are going to question the GOP convention if Trump isn't the nominee. People who think Democrats and their super delegates is bad optics? You ain't seen nothin' yet if we have a brokered convention and Trump isn't the nominee.

The best I think the GOP can hope for is a Trump/Kasich ticket but that seems to run counter to what I think Kasich is about. Then again, he's still running and hoping to subvert a plurality of GOP voters by somehow taking the nomination from Trump in the backrooms of the GOP convention so, he's already lost any semblance of caring what GOP voters want.

Completely agree. Trump is the GOP nominee or you are going to have one pissed off contingent of loons on the right. Never mind that even independents are going to question the GOP convention if Trump isn't the nominee. People who think Democrats and their super delegates is bad optics? You ain't seen nothin' yet if we have a brokered convention and Trump isn't the nominee.

The best I think the GOP can hope for is a Trump/Kasich ticket but that seems to run counter to what I think Kasich is about. Then again, he's still running and hoping to subvert a plurality of GOP voters by somehow taking the nomination from Trump in the backrooms of the GOP convention so, he's already lost any semblance of caring what GOP voters want.

Everyone is saying that Kasich is vying for the VP spot, and I can't figure out why people are this stupid to think so. Kasich has no interest in being VP. He was almost reluctant to pursue the Presidency. His decision to do so is because of the shit-show pathetic crop of alternatives. If he's not going to get the Presidency, then he's not going to have any interest in being VP. He'll stay Governor in Ohio and retire when he's done. The only thing being VP could be good for to Kasich would be as a segue to the Oval Office. But Kasich will be much too old by that point to bother.

Kasich most especially would have zero interest in being part of a Trump administration. He would have no interest in dirtying himself with association to a failure of a Trump candidacy in November. Kasich has no interest in becoming anyone's VP selection, least of all that of Donald Trump.

Everyone is saying that Kasich is vying for the VP spot, and I can't figure out why people are this stupid to think so. Kasich has no interest in being VP. He was almost reluctant to pursue the Presidency. His decision to do so is because of the shit-show pathetic crop of alternatives. If he's not going to get the Presidency, then he's not going to have any interest in being VP. He'll stay Governor in Ohio and retire when he's done. The only thing being VP could be good for to Kasich would be as a segue to the Oval Office. But Kasich will be much too old by that point to bother.

Kasich most especially would have zero interest in being part of a Trump administration. He would have no interest in dirtying himself with association to a failure of a Trump candidacy in November. Kasich has no interest in becoming anyone's VP selection, least of all that of Donald Trump.

He was reluctant to run for President? This is his second attempt. We'll see what happens, honestly I don't know if he'd take the VP spot or not. Like I said, him still running with the only possible chance of winning is to steal it in a brokered convention doesn't paint him as all that honest. I understand why anyone wouldn't want Trump as their party's nominee, at first I thought it was hilarious that the GOP is going there, now I'm just kind of over it, I don't want to see 9 more months of this asshole regardless of the easy win. That being said, Kasich is looking to circumvent the primary outcome and take the nomination by other means so yeah, he might even be desparate enough to be close to the White House to prop Trump up.

You're right, Trump would be a horrible choice for a nominee. He'll never win in November. But for you to sit here and insist that the GOP has to nominate him in order to have a chance to win is just plain low down trashy.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he said that the GOP will lose with or without Trump as the nominee. ;)

I agree.

Kasich has no credible path to the nomination. And if Trump isn't the nominee despite having the most votes and the most delegates.......Trump supporters will tell the GOP to go fuck itself.

And 'poof'. 13,000,000 votes come off the GOP candidates tally.

Everyone is saying that Kasich is vying for the VP spot, and I can't figure out why people are this stupid to think so. Kasich has no interest in being VP. He was almost reluctant to pursue the Presidency.

Oh, obviously. That's why this is his second shot at it. Because he's so 'reluctant'.

His decision to do so is because of the shit-show pathetic crop of alternatives. If he's not going to get the Presidency, then he's not going to have any interest in being VP. He'll stay Governor in Ohio and retire when he's done. The only thing being VP could be good for to Kasich would be as a segue to the Oval Office. But Kasich will be much too old by that point to bother.

He's running because he wants to be President of the United States. He's unlikely to because people don't want him to be President of the United States.

Oh, obviously. That's why this is his second shot at it. Because he's so 'reluctant'.

He was briefly a candidate 17 years ago, and pulled out before the primary season even began. Anyway, why don't you tell us more about how much you actually like Kasich, and how much you think he's the best person for the job, but you're too afraid he would be Clinton so you're trying to trash him now.

He was reluctant to run for President? This is his second attempt.

Kasich shared his reluctance to launch his campaign at a town hall of New Hampshire voters on Tuesday.

"I didn't really think I would [run for president]," Kasich said. "Because I was kind of taking care of business in Ohio and it was really a mess."

Kasich: 'I didn't really think I would' run for president

Rep. John R. Kasich (R-Ohio), the energetic chairman of the House Budget Committee whose candidacy for president never took root this year, will quit the race today and endorse Texas Gov. George W. Bush for the GOP nomination, Republican sources said yesterday.

Washingtonpost.com: Kasich Ending White House Bid; Smith Quits GOP

Apparently Kasich has a shit memory.

He was briefly a candidate 17 years ago, and pulled out before the primary season even began. Anyway, why don't you tell us more about how much you actually like Kasich, and how much you think he's the best person for the job, but you're too afraid he would be Clinton so you're trying to trash him now.

Oh, I think Kasich is the best of the republican bunch. I've said so for months. And he would be a fierce opponent against Hillary. The GOP primary voters clearly disagree.

Now, why don't you explain how the GOP has a credible path to winning the general election......without the 13,000,000 Trump votes?

From the way you've been running from that simple question, you must think its wearing a hockey mask and carrying a machete.

Oh, I think Kasich is the best of the republican bunch. I've said so for months. And he would be a fierce opponent against Hillary. The GOP primary voters clearly disagree.

Now, why don't you explain how the GOP has a credible path to winning the general election......without the 13,000,000 Trump votes?

From the way you've been running from that simple question, you must think its wearing a hockey mask and carrying a machete.

Because 43% of voters are Independents, as you yourself have stated. Of course, you know that. That's why you have said yourself you're hoping Trump is the nominee.

Because 43% of voters are Independents, as you yourself have stated.

And WITH all the independent votes that the GOP could muster, they managed 60,000,000 votes in the last 2 elections. With the most the GOP has *ever* gotten being 62 million.

You'll be starting 13,000,000 votes down from that. What credible path to the whitehouse do you have?

And WITH all the independent votes that the GOP could muster, they managed 60,000,000 votes in the last 2 elections.

Stop living in the past. This is 2016.

Do you think that the GOP candidate this election will get a significantly greater number of independent voters than other GOP candidates in the past? That seems to be your reasoning.

Over 10 million more. Which is unprecedented. And hysterically optimistic. Like 'sobbing as you rock back and forth, brushing out the last of your hair' hysterical.

Forum List

Back