Now that Kasich wins Ohio his mission is to catch Cruz

And WITH all the independent votes that the GOP could muster, they managed 60,000,000 votes in the last 2 elections.

Stop living in the past. This is 2016.

Yup. And you've presented absolutely nothing that even *suggests* that 10 million more independents are going to inexplicably side with the GOP.

Um....'because'.

Oh, don't play dumb. Well, I guess you're not playing dumb.

Don't play ignorant. You know damn well that Kasich wins among independents, and even some Democrats, versus Clinton.

Non-Republicans power Kasich surge in New Hampshire

John Kasich best Republican to beat Hillary Clinton this fall, USA TODAY poll says

2016 General Election: Kasich vs. Clinton - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Kasich vs. Clinton

Do you think that the GOP candidate this election will get a significantly greater number of independent voters than other GOP candidates in the past?

Trump: No
Cruz: No
Kasich: Yes

Why? Why would Kasich draw 10 million more independents than any republican candidate, ever?

I'm curious about this as well. I don't know why you might think Kasich could make up in independents the loss of Trump supporters (assuming, of course, that Trump supporters would not vote for him if he became the GOP candidate).

12832394_10207563613440446_2755169204922781323_n.jpg

And WITH all the independent votes that the GOP could muster, they managed 60,000,000 votes in the last 2 elections.

Yup. And you've presented absolutely nothing that even *suggests* that 10 million more independents are going to inexplicably side with the GOP.

Um....'because'.

Don't play ignorant. You know damn well that Kasich wins among independents, and even some Democrats, versus Clinton.

John Kasich best Republican to beat Hillary Clinton this fall, USA TODAY poll says

And without the 13,000,0000 Trump voters?

Um....'because'.

That USA Today poll seems to be the only one that might indicate Kasich could overcome the loss of Trump supporters in an election against Clinton.

Thinking that Kasich will be able to garner millions more independent votes than any Republican candidate in recent history (perhaps in all of our history?) seems like a bit of wishful thinking to me. :dunno:

Still, this is all based on the idea that Trump supporters will not vote GOP if Trump isn't the nominee, something not at all certain.

Um....'because'.

Translation: :lalala:

Um....'because'.

Laughing......you honestly think that if 13,000,0000 Trump voters walk, 13,000,001 independent voters are going to magically take their place?

Where have these voters been in *every* other presidential election we've ever had?

Um....'because'.

That USA Today poll seems to be the only one that might indicate Kasich could overcome the loss of Trump supporters in an election against Clinton.

Thinking that Kasich will be able to garner millions more independent votes than any Republican candidate in recent history (perhaps in all of our history?) seems like a bit of wishful thinking to me. :dunno:

Still, this is all based on the idea that Trump supporters will not vote GOP if Trump isn't the nominee, something not at all certain.

Ask the Trump supporters. They aren't subtle in their sentiment that the GOP can go fuck itself.

Um....'because'.

Laughing......you honestly think that if 13,000,0000 Trump voters walk, 13,000,001 independent voters are going to magically take their place?

Where have these voters been in *every* other presidential election we've ever had?

Um....'because'.

Ask the Trump supporters. They aren't subtle in their sentiment that the GOP can go fuck itself.

Why are you so desperate for Trump to be the GOP nominee?

Um....'because'.

Why are you so desperate for Trump to be the GOP nominee?

You clearly haven't been paying attention. If Trump gets the nomination, if Trump doesn't....the GOP is fucked either way. Either they have Trump....who will have his ass handed to him by Hillary. Or the GOP splits with 13,000,000 GOP voters abandoning the GOP candidate.

Its lose by a lot, or lose by even more. The GOP is fucked.

"I think we’ll win before getting to the convention,” Trump said. “But I can tell you, if we didn’t and if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400, because we’re way ahead of everybody, I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically.”

“I’m representing a tremendous, many, many millions of people, in many cases, first time voters,” he added. “If you disenfranchise those people, and you say, ‘I’m sorry, you’re 100 votes short’ … I think you’d have problems like you’ve never seen before. I think bad things would happen.”

-Donald Trump

Trump warns of ‘riots’ if he’s not the GOP nominee in a contested convention

But you know Trump supporters better than TRUMP does? If so, why did the GOP establishment do such a shit job courting them?

This is what you should consider: The past two GOP candidates faired poorly among Independents basically because of trust issues. They pandered to the hard right to get the nomination and then tried to flip around for the General and tell voters "well yeah I said that, but I really didn't mean it that much." This has been the impossible dichotomy that the GOP has gotten itself into in recent years by pandering to the Tea Party morons and letting them have more power than they ever deserved. Candidates work themselves in between a rock and a hard place because securing the nomination loses them the General.

Kasich has avoided this pandering, and is at this point positioned to be the embodiment of the fuck-the-lunatics crowd. He can go into a general election environment with his credibility intact among independents. Independents who, BTW, do not think too highly of Clinton.

Clinton's Status With Independents, GOP Comes Full Circle

Independents like Hillary Clinton less than in 2008

This is what you should consider: The past two GOP candidates faired poorly among Independents basically because of trust issues. They pandered to the hard right to get the nomination and then tried to flip around for the General and tell voters "well yeah I said that, but I really didn't mean it that much." This has been the impossible dichotomy that the GOP has gotten itself into in recent years by pandering to the Tea Party morons and letting them have more power than they ever deserved. Candidates work themselves in between a rock and a hard place because securing the nomination loses them the General.

Kasich has avoided this pandering, and is at this point positioned to be the embodiment of the fuck-the-lunatics crowd. He can go into a general election environment with his credibility intact among independents. Independents who, BTW, do not think too highly of Clinton.

Clinton's Status With Independents, GOP Comes Full Circle

Independents like Hillary Clinton less than in 2008

You need a ludicrous number of independent voters to make up for the Trump losses. More than any Republican candidate has *ever* gotten in any era. Including before the Tea Party was pushing candidates toward the fringe.

Kasich isn't the unprecedented breath of fresh air. He's a generic establishment republican. His positions are unremarkable. And independents have NEVER flocked to an establishment republican candidates in anything near the numbers you are imagining.

Not by 10 million votes.

And you need 13 million. That's ludicrously unlikely.

Worse, most independents lean right or left. Truly unaffiliated independents make up between 7 and 10 of their number.

uk4mppa3ueg200phoa_xiq.png

You're going to lose huge numbers off the Republican/Leans Republican side with Trump's losses. And there is nothing that even suggests that you're going to make up that difference with independents. They've never sided with the GOP in anything close to the numbers you're imagining.

You need a ludicrous number of independent voters to make up for the Trump losses.

That's because you keep attributing a ludicrous number as "Trump losses."

You keep throwing this 13 million figure around. Yet, there is no justification for it. I haven't added yesterday yet, prior to that Trump's total votes was 4,368,232. And that includes significant numbers of Democrats crossing lines to Trojan Horse the vote.

There are 146,311,000 registered voters in the US. Based on your own 26% figure that you've provided, that makes for 38,040,860 Republicans. Voter turnout in 2012 was 57.5% so let's estimate a similar 58% turnout this year. That brings us to 22,063,699 Republicans out at the polls this November. Trump is pulling approximately 35% support among Republicans. That brings Trump's to 7,722,295 total Trump supporters. Nearly half of your figure.

So even if 100% of Trump supporters decide not turn out in November if Trump fails to win the nomination, your math is so full of shit it's not even funny. Now sit down and shut your idiotic mouth, you lying sack of shit.

He was reluctant to run for President? This is his second attempt.

Kasich shared his reluctance to launch his campaign at a town hall of New Hampshire voters on Tuesday.

"I didn't really think I would [run for president]," Kasich said. "Because I was kind of taking care of business in Ohio and it was really a mess."

Kasich: 'I didn't really think I would' run for president

How many Presidential nominees say they were reluctant? Please, believe at will.

Forum List

Back