Now We're Talking- ICE Arrests Farmworkers, Sparking Fears

Up here, just about every man, woman and child over 5 used to rake wild blueberries in August. Further north, whole families were so involved in the potato harvest that they closed school. It's backbreaking but everyone -- white everyones -- did it.

The problem is, it's about a month's worth of work. One month out of twelve. I've worked with some of the migrant population and they are constantly moving from state to state. When they finish up in New York they are headed to Florida or Washington, then Maine again It's very hard work and not a lot of money, you're constantly living in a cramped trailer or farmers' huts somewhere. So saying "get welfare folks to do it" is just a lot of silliness. They haven't got cars to move around in and most of them have kids who need to be in school. Let's try to be realistic. If guest workers from Mexico and Central America are willing to come here to work the harvests, let them come legally. Let's see ICE clamping down on the farmer where those four guys were headed to work. He was paying them under the table, wasn't he? Without employers willing to break the law, there wouldn't be any illegals here.

You contradict yourself.
In one breath you say the locals did the picking in the next you say migrant farm workers should.
My point was in response to the guy who said whites can't do the work. They can, but they need to be raised to it. Kids used to start as soon as they could swing a rake. They earned their school clothes with the money. Now they can't rake due to child labor laws unless it's their own family's land. But not to worry--most berries and most potatoes are being harvested mechanically now.

All I know is the jobs I cut my teeth on are no longer available to American youth.

Round all of them up and send them back to Mexico with a fresh American cardboard box for their new home

-Geaux

Jesus Aceves was driving three of his fellow farmworkers to the tomato fields in the early-morning darkness when he saw lights flash behind him.

ICE agents pulled him over and asked for his license, registration and insurance and, most forebodingly, whether the men were in the United States legally.

Aceves and his passengers were taken to an immigrant detention facility. But none of them had been the target of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Three of the men had no criminal records. The most serious blots on the 44-year-old Aceves’ record were several convictions — the most recent in 2012 — for driving without a license.

That morning, an ICE spokesman said, agents went to a Kern County residence where they thought an immigration target lived. One of the men who got into Aceves’ car matched that person’s description, he said. The ICE agents followed.

ICE arrests farmworkers, sparking fears in the Central Valley over immigrants and the economy
Great...the Central Valley is solid Red.

Round all of them up and send them back to Mexico with a fresh American cardboard box for their new home

-Geaux

Jesus Aceves was driving three of his fellow farmworkers to the tomato fields in the early-morning darkness when he saw lights flash behind him.

ICE agents pulled him over and asked for his license, registration and insurance and, most forebodingly, whether the men were in the United States legally.

Aceves and his passengers were taken to an immigrant detention facility. But none of them had been the target of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Three of the men had no criminal records. The most serious blots on the 44-year-old Aceves’ record were several convictions — the most recent in 2012 — for driving without a license.

That morning, an ICE spokesman said, agents went to a Kern County residence where they thought an immigration target lived. One of the men who got into Aceves’ car matched that person’s description, he said. The ICE agents followed.

ICE arrests farmworkers, sparking fears in the Central Valley over immigrants and the economy

That is what they call cutting off your nose to spite yourself.

You have no clue about welfare. And the skills to pick or maintain crops are a set no white boy knows.

Are you a wetback by chance?
I am a German who can't stand Tezass or the fools that live there.

Count me as thankful.
I'm a Dutchman who loves Texas....along with all the German immigrants who helped shape our great State.

I dropped out of high school in the tenth grade and retired at 46.
All due to the Great State of Texas.

Suck it ya fucken commie!!!

Up here, just about every man, woman and child over 5 used to rake wild blueberries in August. Further north, whole families were so involved in the potato harvest that they closed school. It's backbreaking but everyone -- white everyones -- did it.

The problem is, it's about a month's worth of work. One month out of twelve. I've worked with some of the migrant population and they are constantly moving from state to state. When they finish up in New York they are headed to Florida or Washington, then Maine again It's very hard work and not a lot of money, you're constantly living in a cramped trailer or farmers' huts somewhere. So saying "get welfare folks to do it" is just a lot of silliness. They haven't got cars to move around in and most of them have kids who need to be in school. Let's try to be realistic. If guest workers from Mexico and Central America are willing to come here to work the harvests, let them come legally. Let's see ICE clamping down on the farmer where those four guys were headed to work. He was paying them under the table, wasn't he? Without employers willing to break the law, there wouldn't be any illegals here.

You contradict yourself.
In one breath you say the locals did the picking in the next you say migrant farm workers should.
My point was in response to the guy who said whites can't do the work. They can, but they need to be raised to it. Kids used to start as soon as they could swing a rake. They earned their school clothes with the money. Now they can't rake due to child labor laws unless it's their own family's land. But not to worry--most berries and most potatoes are being harvested mechanically now.

All I know is the jobs I cut my teeth on are no longer available to American youth.
I didn't live here then so I wasn't raised rugged and I raked once for a week as an adult and it was the hardest money I ever earned. I respect the folks that can and do.
Yes, things are changing. We can't go backwards, though. We have to keep up, not look back.

You contradict yourself.

I didn't live here then so I wasn't raised rugged and I raked once for a week as an adult and it was the hardest money I ever earned. I respect the folks that can and do.
Yes, things are changing. We can't go backwards, though. We have to keep up, not look back.

If looking forward involves depriving our youth of job experience you can count me out....with extreme prejudice.

land_rich_farmers_feature.jpg Russell Lee - Family of Henry McPeak, near Black River Falls, Wisconsin, 1937.jpg Peter-Jelmer-with-the-Melotte1.jpg Can white folks FARM ???

Okay, then! Make a condition for DACA eligible persons to invest several years of migratory labor in order to obtain their stay here. Staying in the US should be worth a couple of years time invested in actually earning money the good, old-fashioned way...labor.
When previous waves of immigrants came here, not only were they vetted for criminal history and illnesses, they expected to have to work to establish themselves. Welfare and freebie giveaways did not exist.
Maybe we're kicking the wrong folks out? Maybe we should consider keeping those field hands and boot the blood-sucking entitlement folks to the curb they crawled out from?
Why should they have to work migrant field labor? Just because they speak Spanish?

You contradict yourself.

You know what? Going "backwards" is exactly where I am destined. I love living on my off-grid homestead. I manage without a microwave, or TV, or many other things other people cannot simply live without.. Guess what? We did all these "modern" things, and much, much more in simpler times with simpler tools. More work, I suppose so, but it surely fills up the days and makes life more worthwhile when most everything you use and consume was in part, or mostly, made by your own hands and your own efforts.

There is a LEGAL way to get farm workers on a seasonal basis from Mexico..........

It is the H2A worker program................the farmer must file for the workers with the Dept. of Labor and they can legally pick the crops...

Any more questions.

There is a LEGAL way to get farm workers on a seasonal basis from Mexico..........

It is the H2A worker program................the farmer must file for the workers with the Dept. of Labor and they can legally pick the crops...

Any more questions.
Facts mostly ignored by liberals and the lame-stream media pushing to legitimize criminals in this country.

Illegals are a voting strategy for the left...............they get enough illegals here they can get the numbers of those that will vote for them until the elections will be decided by foreigners and our voice will no longer count.

It is a strategy and why they OPENLY disregard the laws of this country..............

citrus2_1489684992098_9152225_ver1_0_640_360.jpg UAAP-star-Kiefer-Ravena-answers-all-rumors-and-criticisms-in-Bottomline-this-Saturday.jpg
Florida leads the nation in H-2A worker positions certified by the Department of Labor. In fiscal year 2017, the state had 15.9 percent of the total 97,285, topping Georgia (13.2 percent) and North Carolina (9.8 percent).
There are an estimated 25,000 visa holders in Florida.

nancypelosi_092216gn1.jpg
Pelosi slams California ICE raid as 'unjust and cruel,' amid outcry ...
Fox News-Mar 7, 2018
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Wednesday slammed as "unjust and cruel" a raid of illegal immigrants in California last week that netted hundreds of criminals, many with convictions for violent crimes -- but which was partially thwarted by a Democratic mayor who tipped off the public to the ...

View attachment 185985 View attachment 185986
Florida leads the nation in H-2A worker positions certified by the Department of Labor. In fiscal year 2017, the state had 15.9 percent of the total 97,285, topping Georgia (13.2 percent) and North Carolina (9.8 percent).
There are an estimated 25,000 visa holders in Florida.
I grew up in NC. Harvesting is seasonal. I am specifically knowledgeable about the tobacco harvest, which takes place in the early- to mid-Spring. Used to be good money for kids, they paid up to $5/hr, depending on the job you took. Back in the early '70s, that was damned good money. We worked from just around sunrise to mid-morning, when it got too hot to work. Then we were fed lunch and usually taken to the local swimming hole to cool down and clean up.

Why should they have to work migrant field labor? Just because they speak Spanish?
These people coming here illegally are peasants who barely passed the third grade. I know because my wife worked with these people translating in the courts for them.

Forum List

Back