NRA thread - pro and con

The biggest pro, in my opinion, concerning the NRA is the training that they have provided for tens of thousands of shooters.

That training has been drastically reduce due to the portrayal of all guns as evil. Pity about that.

As a kid, I mostly learned from my dad but I do remember a gun safety class given by the NRA and getting a patch for completion.

In answer to the question of how its changed, those classes were not required in order for me to pass a grade in school. We were not forced to have, own, use a gun and you sure as hell didn't see nutters with assault rifles hanging out in retail stores, churches, schools, etc.

NRA is stirring up fear with the nutters so they'll buy more guns.

It's not the NRA stirring up fear Luddly...it's you.

The NRA simply report what you, and Obama and Feinstein and Bloomberg say.

"The Obama Administration says despite Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s decision to exclude the assault weapons ban from comprehensive gun control for lack of votes, the President still supports it and urges the Senate to vote publicly on the proposal to eliminate “military-style weapons” from American streets as an amendment."

Obama Administration Pushes For Assault Weapons Ban Vote, But Says No National Gun Registry Needed - ABC News

And what happened?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/us/as-us-weighs-new-rules-sales-of-guns-and-ammunition-surge.html

So let's put the blame for the fear squarely where it belongs.

On you and the Obama and the other gun grabbers.

How did the NRA change? From what I can see, the NRA and the 2nd amendment foundation are the two groups standing in the way of more,and more silly gun control laws...without the efforts,of the NRA we wouldn't have the ability to own and carry guns the way we do today...

It went from being about firearms education and advocacy for Second Amendment rights to a political wing of the GOP pursuing an extreme rightwing agenda having nothing to do with firearms education and advocacy for Second Amendment rights.

I'm still a member, AR is an excellent publication – save the idiotic rightwing partisan ads and articles.

I would say that that says more about the Democrat Party changing than the NRA.

I voted for Ike Skelton for years, he wasn't a far left loon, he was a meat and potatoes Democrat.

I voted for Jay Nixon, another down to earth Democrat.

But the loons have hijacked your party.

I cannot in good conscience send ANY Democrat to Washington anymore.

Not even a good one...because they will feel compelled to vote with the idiots.

That's what the loons have cost you.

Besides criminals, who would be against this?

10547610_897728210254745_2110931465772900887_n.jpg

The biggest pro, in my opinion, concerning the NRA is the training that they have provided for tens of thousands of shooters.

That training has been drastically reduce due to the portrayal of all guns as evil. Pity about that.

As a kid, I mostly learned from my dad but I do remember a gun safety class given by the NRA and getting a patch for completion.

In answer to the question of how its changed, those classes were not required in order for me to pass a grade in school. We were not forced to have, own, use a gun and you sure as hell didn't see nutters with assault rifles hanging out in retail stores, churches, schools, etc.

"Forced to have/own a gun"? Maybe the left lost their perception about who is in charge. Hollywood stirs up fear. The NRA is still the NRA and all the mass shooters in modern history have been victims of Hollywood hype and protected by the radical left until they decided to kill their neighbors or in the case of the jihad Army major, all the infidels.

"Forced to have/own a gun"? Maybe the left lost their perception about who is in charge. Hollywood stirs up fear. The NRA is still the NRA and all the mass shooters in modern history have been victims of Hollywood hype and protected by the radical left until they decided to kill their neighbors or in the case of the jihad Army major, all the infidels.

So, you're saying the NRA was lying?

And, you're saying that "all the mass shooters in modern history have been victims ..."?

Interesting because I believe he was being truthful AND I think the people who have been shot, killed, wounded by mass shooters are the victims.

Bottom line:

If it wasn't for the efforts of the NRA, we would have lost all rights to firearms a long time ago.

Time to send them some more money.

There is it again - RWs can't say they don't know they're being duped. They DO know and they embrace it.

There was a time when most US presidents (including democrats) were members of the NRA. JFK was a life member. The NRA hasn't changed but the democrat party sure has.

I was a member for years.

I didn't change but the NRA sure did.

No, they haven't. Just like the ACLU, they are a constitutional watchdog organization, except they've been around much longer. What has changed and put them at the forefront are the liberal gun grabbers. The NRA would like nothing better than to be able to concentrate on training and gun safety. Until the left quits trying to stomp all over American's second amendment rights, they will also be political by defending those rights.

The Constitution trumps all in the end. So i don't care if NRA Members don't get the Communist/Progressive 'seal of approval.' I mean, who would expect anything different? It's not a personal issue. It's about the Constitution.

And, you're saying that "all the mass shooters in modern history have been victims ..."?

Interesting because I believe he was being truthful AND I think the people who have been shot, killed, wounded by mass shooters are the victims.

What the fuck?

I think Josie really does explain it best. Anti-2nd Amenders should give it a watch. It's very enlightening.

Last edited by a moderator:

What the fuck?

You're talking to Puddly Pillowbite, soooo........

You know, I like Luddly, I think he (or she) is basically a good person.

He brought an internet security issue to my attention that I was totally unaware of and was super nice about it.

So, while we might disagree on this issue and others, Luddly is OK in my book. :thup:

There was a time when most US presidents (including democrats) were members of the NRA. JFK was a life member. The NRA hasn't changed but the democrat party sure has.

I was a member for years.

I didn't change but the NRA sure did.

No, they haven't. Just like the ACLU, they are a constitutional watchdog organization, except they've been around much longer. What has changed and put them at the forefront are the liberal gun grabbers. The NRA would like nothing better than to be able to concentrate on training and gun safety. Until the left quits trying to stomp all over American's second amendment rights, they will also be political by defending those rights.

And I'm sure you can link to examples of the left has "stomped all over American's second amendment rights".

What the fuck?

You're talking to Puddly Pillowbite, soooo........

I don't know what is so hard for you two to figure out. Read it. Did the NRA lie or not?

Forum List

Back