🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NRA

Billionaire Bloomberg should offer to pay the subscriptions to the NRA for all his followers.

"BAN GUNZ! This ad paid for by the National Rifle Association."

I don't think the bylaws of the NRA would allow the outfit to become gunophobic .

But it would be sort of peculiar, if it were to happen. Just like if Planned Parenthood started pro-life picketing in front of their own abortuaries.

Billionaire Bloomberg should offer to pay the subscriptions to the NRA for all his followers.

I don't think the bylaws of the NRA would allow the outfit to become gunophobic .

But it would be sort of peculiar, if it were to happen. Just like if Planned Parenthood started pro-life picketing in front of their own abortuaries.
The members of the NRA can always change the bylaws.

"Ban the sale of bullets! This ad paid for by the National Rifle Association."

They do everything to make getting guns easy. It works well even for our criminals.

ATF agent: The NRA 'wants us right where we're at'

America is one of the safest countries out there- safer than Mexico, El Salvador, Congo and a lot of other nations with Draconian style gun control.
Yes safer than unstable governments and no means to enforce laws.

But much less safe than stable countries with strong gun control. Our homicide rate is 4-5x higher.

You know, Planned Parenthood started out as pro-life. It was taken over by harpies who ran the pro-lifers out.

So no reason why the NRA can't be taken over by harpies, too.

I'll post on topic.

Since no evidence was provided for the first claim in the op that NRA members "commit virtually no gun violence", I can simply say that's false with equivalent truth and weight. I guess we have a stalemate.

Why is the NRA the boogeyman is not really tied to how many NRA members do or dont break the law or use guns recklessly otherwise.

The NRA and larger gun lobby somehow had unholy levels of influence in state and federal legislative process. It turned out that the official money spent on lobbying and campaign donations doesnt really explain it or add up. None the less, the gun lobby had the power to block the will of large popular majorities to implement what you might consider the first tier of low hanging gun control measures like improved background checks.

Other posters have mentioned it too that the NRA grew into much more than it's original mission of education and safety. It became nearly a religion. A propaganda wing for the 2nd amendment and divisive partisan politics. It should really stick to education and safety because this is the avenue to solve most of the problems with guns today, including calming down the radical left gun grabbers and satisfying the concerns of the large population of people that know next to nothing about guns and never held or fired one.

The NRA and the culture it nurtures should be as much a self policing organization with regard to education and safety as it is an instructor. Guns are not toys. They are not monster truck maximum destruction play things. They are a tool which derives its value from only one function and it needs to be taken seriously. The gravity of the second amendment and present day gun ownership need to be respected. If we actually have to use them for some of the reasons cited in defense of the second amendment, it quickly becomes one of the saddest days in our short history and likely means our country is nearing civil war or collapse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
[
But much less safe than stable countries with strong gun control. Our homicide rate is 4-5x higher.
You are fully aware of the fact you cannot demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws of those countries and their lower homicide rates.
Thus, your post is meaningless.

[
You are fully aware of the fact you cannot demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws of those countries and their lower homicide rates.
That’s cute. Can’t dispute the facts so you ignore them.

The NRA and larger gun lobby somehow had unholy levels of influence in state and federal legislative process. It turned out that the official money spent on lobbying and campaign donations doesnt really explain it or add up. None the less, the gun lobby had the power to block the will of large popular majorities to implement what you might consider the first tier of low hanging gun control measures like improved background checks.
If these measures were as popular as you say, they'd be in place - no one will vote against something that -actually- has 90% support from the people.
Thus, the actual support for these measures is, at beat, questionable.
Other posters have mentioned it too that the NRA grew into much more than it's original mission of education and safety. It became nearly a religion. A propaganda wing for the 2nd amendment and divisive partisan politics. It should really stick to education and safety because this is the avenue to solve most of the problems with guns today, including calming down the radical left gun grabbers and satisfying the concerns of the large population of people that know next to nothing about guns and never held or fired one.
Wait... the NRA should stop defending the 2nd because it upsets those who seek to wipe their asses with the 2nd Amendment?
Sounds to me like the NRA is doing what it members want it to do.

I'll post on topic.

Since no evidence was provided for the first claim in the op that NRA members "commit virtually no crimes", I can simply say that's false with equivalent truth and weight. I guess we have a stalemate.

Why is the NRA the boogeyman is not really tied to how many NRA members do or dont break the law or use guns recklessly otherwise.

The NRA and the culture it nurtures should be as much a self policing organization with regard to education and safety as it is an instructor. Guns are not toys. They are not monster truck maximum destruction play things. They are a tool which derives its value from only one function and it needs to be taken seriously. The gravity of the second amendment and present day gun ownership need to be respected. If we actually have to use them for some of the reasons cited in defense of the second amendment, it quickly becomes one of the saddest days in our short history and likely means our country is nearing civil war or collapse.

The NRA's power is due to the fact that its millions of members and sympathizers are jazzed up and political active, and show up at the polls.

It isn't due to Wayne LaPierre or any individual spokesman, or the money they spend. All of the ads paid for the NRA would mean nothing if millions didn't care about their right to self defense.

How many NRA members have committed "gun violence?" My guess is virtually none.

So then, why is the NRA the boogyman for the gun grabbers?
Intransigence.

in·tran·si·gence
/inˈtransəjəns,inˈtranzəjəns/

noun
noun: intransigence; noun: intransigency
refusal to change one's views or to agree about something.
They give in way more than they should.
20k plus unconstitutional gun laws in this country.
Shame.
You need to qualify unconstitutional. Gun control in general is only unconstitutional in the most radically strict readings of the amendmant.

[
That’s cute. Can’t dispute the facts so you ignore them.
The only relevant fact here is your full awareness of the fact you cannot demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws of those countries and their lower homicide rate, thusly rendering your post meaningless

Not only do libs need to personalize their crusades, but the voice of the NRA for many years was the Tremendous Charlton Heston. The late Mr. Heston was intimately associated with the 10 commandments of Almighty God, which is another of the left's boogymen.
"Thou shall not kill" is pretty straight forward isnt it? For a christian, is the bible or the 10 commandments above the constitution?

The NRA is a joke. It does diddly squat to protect 2A rights and supported bump stock bans and red flag laws. All it does is protect manufacturers. If you want an organization that works try Gun Owners of America or the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

Not only do libs need to personalize their crusades, but the voice of the NRA for many years was the Tremendous Charlton Heston. The late Mr. Heston was intimately associated with the 10 commandments of Almighty God, which is another of the left's boogymen.
"Thou shall not kill" is pretty straight forward isnt it? For a christian, is the bible or the 10 commandments above the constitution?

Considering the fact that legal firearms actually save the lives of more than 2 million Americans every year, I don't see much inconsistency here.

Forum List

Back