NSA may be reading your emails

What of the breach in the Constitution? Has this document become so abused by recent actions on private property and now personal privacy that its a ho hum matter? Have we, as a nation become so neutered as citizens as to lie down and accept anything and everything as long as MacDonalds stays open?

Trillions of emails each day ... trust me, no matter what, they can't read ALL your mail, they just skim some of them at most.

The agency’s monitoring of domestic e-mail messages, in particular, has posed longstanding legal and logistical difficulties, the officials said.

So, understanding that what they "skim" through is for the purpose of detecting possible terrorist activity, what's the point?

It's a good way to waste money. :razz:

Yeah, cause "there's no one out there planning to attack the US"... which is a quote from one of the in-house leftists on the forum I was on in early September 01...

This stemming from a discussion wherein I was noting that the US had not even begun to realize the security problems caused by the Clinton regime and my frustration that the Bush administration had not done MUCH MORE to roll back that subversion...

This was the pre-911 mentality common to the left... anyone that simply understood human nature; who recognized that nature abhors a vaccum and that the list of entities interested in attacking the US was endless... were simply dismissed as crackpots and paranoids.

Which is precisely where they returned, within MONTHS of 9-11... of course the individual who advanced the aforementioned assertion, changed their screen name after I quoted them around the 10,000th time... which I note here, only to point out that they've NO MEANS to recognize that THEY ARE THE PROBLEM...

Not ONCE did that individual ever so much as admit that they were dead wrong... and assigned the entire thing to 'coincidence'... today, they like to use the 'self fulfilling prephecy' ruse... where the assumption is that we'll be attacked again, which is spawned from the conclusion that there's nothing we can do to stop it... so why bother tryin'?

Which siply demonstrates why moderates, centrists and independents, OKA: Leftists without the balls to commit... should be ignored, ostricized and never allowed within 10 miles of a voting booth.

Last edited:
Why do you think this is an issue now in 2009?
This is old news.
The NSA has had acres of supercomputers stashed underground at their facilities in Ft. Meade
for decades, and they take everything from the huge Internet backbone pipes coming into the
country, and through the country. Ergo, all ISP transmissions are sucked up in the deluge.
Not only Internet, but email, SMS texting, cell phone calls, landline calls - everything.
Read Puzzle Palace and the other books by James Bamford. Public knowledge. They store
everything and the amount of info they have is staggering.

This is old news.
The NSA has had acres of supercomputers stashed underground at their facilities in Ft. Meade
for decades, and they take everything from the huge Internet backbone pipes coming into the
country, and through the country. Ergo, all ISP transmissions are sucked up in the deluge.
Not only Internet, but email, SMS texting, cell phone calls, landline calls - everything.
Read Puzzle Palace and the other books by James Bamford. Public knowledge. They store
i can agree with most of what you said, except the part that the "store everything"
that would be such a massive database of info that it would be impossible to store it
and, it would be a massive waste of resources to even try
now might they store SOME of it? no doubt
and yes, i'm sure the amount that they do store would be staggering, but to store all the data that crosses the internet and phone services would not be possible
you would be talking terabytes hourly

This is old news.
i can agree with most of what you said, except the part that the "store everything"
that would be such a massive database of info that it would be impossible to store it
and yes, i'm sure the amount that they do store would be staggering, but to store all the data that crosses the internet and phone services would not be possible

They do! You've got to read Bamford's books, Puzzle Palace and Shadow Factory - the new one. The amounts of stuff they suck up and compress every day
is unbelievable. They take it right off the backbone of the Net, at the big pipe juncture
points on the coasts and in Missouri. The technical data in his books are incredible.
Supercomputers gulp it all down and it's searchable!

This is old news.

They do! You've got to read Bamford's books, Puzzle Palace and Shadow Factory - the new one. The amounts of stuff they suck up and compress every day
is unbelievable. They take it right off the backbone of the Net, at the big pipe juncture
points on the coasts and in Missouri. The technical data in his books are incredible.
sorry, thats just more conspiracy nonsense
the amount of data hourly on the internet is so massive, there is no practical way to store it
not in one place and the fact it can change in the matter of minutes is proof of that

the amount of data hourly on the internet is so massive, there is no practical way to store it
not in one place and the fact it can change in the matter of minutes is proof of that

No conspiracy tin foil hats, really. I've got both his books and it's been verified by
lots of computer people. Tons of articles written in technical journals. You can pick up
a used paperback in just about any used bookstore for a couple bucks at most, or get
a new copy. Great info in there.

Yes, email is a very vulnerable setup. Even though I have nothing to hide....terrorist-wise, I still don't like people reading my emails...the government that is. I hardly fit the stereotype of a terrorist. Domestic or otherwise. So, it's unnecessary.

Yes, email is a very vulnerable setup. Even though I have nothing to hide....terrorist-wise, I still don't like people reading my emails...the government that is. I hardly fit the stereotype of a terrorist. Domestic or otherwise. So, it's unnecessary.
nobody reads the emails
unless they contain words that the filters are set to pick up on
there isnt time nor manpower to do such a thing

What of the breach in the Constitution? Has this document become so abused by recent actions on private property and now personal privacy that its a ho hum matter? Have we, as a nation become so neutered as citizens as to lie down and accept anything and everything as long as MacDonalds stays open?

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) reported on June 3 that U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker has dismissed dozens of lawsuits charging illegal spying on Americans through warrantless surveillance. The EFF and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) plan to appeal the decision to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

The cases sought to hold telecommunications companies accountable for taking part in President Bush’s program for eavesdropping on millions of American citizens without cause and without warrants. Judge Walker ruled that the companies had immunity under the 2008 FISA Amendments Act voted for by then-Senator Barack Obama and signed by President George W. Bush. The act allows suits to be dismissed if the government secretly certifies to the court that either there was no surveillance, the surveillance was legal, or that the president authorized the surveillance. The government is thus able to protect its partners in crime and ensure that other companies will be more likely to participate.

Suits Charging Illegal Surveillance Dismissed

Obviously, it's all a matter of interpretation.

Nothing new. People who think they are safe to be private on the internet, need a reality check.

This's very true, your privacy rights went out the door, probably 20-25 years or more ago, in any sense of the word. Fact of the matter from what i understand this link American Civil Liberties Union : Terror Watch List Counter: A Million Plus depicts the kinda trouble our great nation is headed for or already in. I dont have much use for ACLU but they did get this one halfway right, flight issues are only half of the problem, go to purchase a weapon, ("your 2nd Amendment rights?") and you could get flagged as a terrorist. Folks we're in dire trouble here, a massive interstate terrorist watchlist coupled with future massive hyper-inflation who knows? Only advice i can offer here is to exercise your right to vote in 2010 total recall in the congressional branch at both levels the House and Senate, get the lawyers out, get, biologist, engineers, teachers and historians in..........

What you tolerate today, you will entertian tomorrow -whitelion

Last edited:

Check this out Study: Internet could run out of capacity in two years | Root | Macworld

Check this out Study: Internet could run out of capacity in two years | Root | Macworld
:lol:
did you notice that story is TWO YEARS OLD?

seems like the internet is still running

yeah, to get YOU watched :lol:

and now that fucking moron huggy
LOL
you are both too fucking stupid

Forum List

Back