NSA Spying on Citizens

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
The Outrage....

1535_10151476682891275_1525226779_n.jpg

Is 7 years too late.

Right you are. The article has an error however. The largest data base ever assembled in the world is in Brussels, Belgium. It was up and running at the time of this news article. It is large enough to hold the worlds population - personal data.

The UTAH NSA DATA BASE CENTER that just went ONLINE 2 weeks ago and can hold all the information of 300 million plus US Citizens. Just FYI.

-Jeri

Last edited:
Oh bite me that everything bad ever began with Bush Jr. :lol:

Good grief don't you liberals ever get sick of the echo of your own mantra that "Bush did it"?

If you want to travel down memory lane let's take a loooooooooooooong walk. I know.

Let's see how a Democrat President abused his powers. Truman.

Within thirty days after Truman became president, the FBI was carrying out secret investigations for the White House.

Within sixty days the FBI was wiretapping and conducting surveillances for the White House. One tap, on the office and home telephones of the attorney – and political fixer – Thomas “Tommy the Cork” Corcoran, remained in place three years, generated over 175 summary logs and 6,250 pages of transcriptions, and resulted in the monitoring of many of the most prominent people in the government.

Hoover’s ability to instigate wide-scale wiretapping was reaffirmed with the appointment of each new attorney general. In 1945, Truman hired Tom Clark (who later became a Supreme Court Justice) to fill the post; according to Gentry:

Clark showed no inclination to actually supervise the FBI… he turned over all wiretap requests to an assistant because he “didn’t want to know who was tapped or who wasn’t tapped.” Very few of the requests were denied. As far as Clark was concerned, the very fact that Hoover had requested them meant they were needed.

Tom Clark was, in J. Edgar Hoover’s estimation, a nearly perfect attorney general. He rubber-stamped the FBI director’s every request. He even –unknowningly– greatly broadened Hoover’s powers.

On July 7, 1946, the attorney general wrote the president asking him to renew Roosevelt’s 1940 [wartime] warrantless wiretapping authorization. Although Clark’s letter quoted from that authorization, it omitted a key sentence: “You are requested furthermore to limit these investigations so conducted to a minimum and to limit them insofar as possible to aliens.”

The elimination of that single sentence and the restrictions it contained, gave Hoover nearly unlimited authority to place as many wiretaps as he wanted, on whomever he chose.

Wiretapping and J. Edgar Hoover | UNREDACTED

Dam you're taking grasping for straws to a whole new level that you had to grasp straws from 1946 lol

Oh, but wait, after you tell me all about J Edgar Hoover. Could you tell me again how wrong it is to look into the past with Bush? But could you be more convincing this time?

Dam you're taking grasping for straws to a whole new level that you had to grasp straws from 1946 lol

Oh, but wait, after you tell me all about J Edgar Hoover. Could you tell me again how wrong it is to look into the past with Bush? But could you be more convincing this time?[/Q

No, the definition of grasping at straws is trying to leave everything bad that is happening in our universe now on Bush's doorstep.

But that's the liberal mantra. And it's insane. And tedious.

All I'm doing is pointing out that there have been bad things happening in the universe for forever when it comes to governments whether the administrations have the initial (R) or (D) after the name of the President.

Governments misbehaved before Bush and will misbehave after Obama. To keep up this idiotic meme that all evil began with GW is pathetic.

Last edited:
Bad things have happened before....NO!!! Are you serious....Shut up.

You're crying about how ppl blame Bush from 6 years ago then bring up a story about 1942 to what? Show how you don't look back?

I'm not crying. :lol:

I was just pointing out that going back to Bush on a regular basis is as nuts as going back to Truman.

We are in the here and now and the person fucking up things at the moment is Obama.

Obama wanted the extension of the Patriot Act in 2011. You do know that correct? So how was Bush to blame for President Obama favoring the extension of the PA years after Bush had left office?

Enough about Bush already.

I'm not crying. :lol:

I was just pointing out that going back to Bush on a regular basis is as nuts as going back to Truman.

We are in the here and now and the person fucking up things at the moment is Obama.

Obama wanted the extension of the Patriot Act in 2011. You do know that correct? So how was Bush to blame for President Obama favoring the extension of the PA years after Bush had left office?

Enough about Bush already.

Ok enough about Carter, clinton, and enough with the sucking of a deadman's cock that is Reagan.

Bush had a program targeting foreigners. obama targets americans. There is no way to make that Bush'!s fault. If Bush is still in control, bring him back and get rir of obumble.

If only humans had the ability to forget things selectively! We would never have to take personal responsibility for our actions......our votes.......our political donations........our allegiances.

Things happen.......and they influence the things that happen LATER. Please, nutters. Grasp this concept. It will serve to make our discussions here much more fruitful and cordial.

Thanks.

Bush had a program targeting foreigners. obama targets americans. There is no way to make that Bush'!s fault. If Bush is still in control, bring him back and get rir of obumble.

Sure they did, and because you don't trust government you believed them when they told you that...wait, you believed them?

Right, I forgot, you trust govt based on what party is in office. Silly me

Sure they did, and because you don't trust government you believed them when they told you that...wait, you believed them?

Right, I forgot, you trust govt based on what party is in office. Silly me

Pardon me? Who were you saying "only trust their side in government"? :)

IMHO I believe both sides need a really hard smack upside the head for allowing their political persuasion to blind them from the truths concerning the major issues of today.

:eusa_angel:

Pew: Democrats Suddenly Cool With NSA Data-Diving Now That a Democrat Is President

Mike Riggs|Jun. 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Pew_NSA_Poll.png

When the pollsters at Pew asked Democrats in January 2006 how they felt about the NSA's surveillance programs, 37 percent labeled the programs "acceptable," while 61 percent said they were unacceptable. Today, those numbers are exactly the opposite: 64 percent of Democrats now think the NSA's surveillance programs are acceptable, while only 34 percent say they're not.

Republicans polled much the same way (in reverse, obviously). Back in 2006, 75 percent of Republicans supported the NSA "scrutiniz[ing] phone calls and emails of suspected terrorists." Today, only 52 percent of Republicans say such actions are acceptable.

More at link and this link will take you directly to the Pew Poll.

Pew: Democrats Suddenly Cool With NSA Data-Diving Now That a Democrat Is President - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Last edited:
Right you are. The article has an error however. The largest data base ever assembled in the world is in Brussels, Belgium. It was up and running at the time of this news article. It is large enough to hold the worlds population - personal data.

The UTAH NSA DATA BASE CENTER that just went ONLINE 2 weeks ago and can hold all the information of 300 million plus US Citizens. Just FYI.

-Jeri

The new Utah data center has over one YOTTABYTE of data storage, it can record all human communications for the next ten thousand years. It is far more advanced and comprehensive than the Belgium center.

-Jeri

The new Utah data center has over one YOTTABYTE of data storage, it can record all human communications for the next ten thousand years. It is far more advanced and comprehensive than the Belgium center.

Woot. We're #1 !

Wasn't one of the big talking points on why Obama needed to get elected in 2008 was the repeal of the Patriot Act? Why yes... I think it was. That worked out as well as closing Gitmo did.

Forum List

Back