NTSB begins probe into fatal scuba fire

You know, Inside Edition did a story on this yesterday, and they showed the what the sleeping compartment of a boat like that would look. Not only is it cramped to the point where you would have to wait, or turn yourself into a pretzel while others did the same, but there were only 2 exits, the main door into the compartment, and one little fire escape that would have been hard to get to, much less have 30 plus people exit it while the boat was on fire.

And, the other thing that struck me, was after they showed where the sleeping compartment was, as well as how the ship was configured, it was still considered "safe" by inspectors. Personally? I think that they need to make those boats with better configurations for sleeping and fire exits. The way it was built on the boat that caught fire was a death trap.

You know, Inside Edition did a story on this yesterday, and they showed the what the sleeping compartment of a boat like that would look. Not only is it cramped to the point where you would have to wait, or turn yourself into a pretzel while others did the same, but there were only 2 exits, the main door into the compartment, and one little fire escape that would have been hard to get to, much less have 30 plus people exit it while the boat was on fire.

And, the other thing that struck me, was after they showed where the sleeping compartment was, as well as how the ship was configured, it was still considered "safe" by inspectors. Personally? I think that they need to make those boats with better configurations for sleeping and fire exits. The way it was built on the boat that caught fire was a death trap.
I saw footage from the actual boat, there is more room in a sardine can

The boat was recently was given the okay in a safety inspection.

Being cramped quarters is one thing but both exits were blocked, the entire crew on deck. Where were the fire extinguishers? There had been a party the night before, was the crew drunk? Hungover? Stoned? What caused the fire? The engines were not running.

Being that there are thousands of similar fishing and diving trips of this sort a year is a testament to the safety of the boats. What went wrong?

The boat was recently was given the okay in a safety inspection.

Being cramped quarters is one thing but both exits were blocked, the entire crew on deck. Where were the fire extinguishers? There had been a party the night before, was the crew drunk? Hungover? Stoned? What caused the fire? The engines were not running.

Being that there are thousands of similar fishing and diving trips of this sort a year is a testament to the safety of the boats. What went wrong?
I can tell you what was wrong which is that in the name of making money there were 75 percent too many people on this boat. However they can keep individual cost down by having as many people as possible. 34 people diving at once?

Idiotic

I can tell you what was wrong which is that in the name of making money there were 75 percent too many people on this boat. However they can keep individual cost down by having as many people as possible. 34 people diving at once?

Idiotic

This was a 75' boat designed to hold more than the 34 divers on board safely. I take it that you are not a diver or you would know that 34 people being in the water at once is not unusual or dangerous.

Something went seriously wrong but the boat was not overloaded by any means.

Here is a site that has many photos of the ill-fated ship.
Conception bunk beds where 34 died after being trapped below deck by fire | Daily Mail Online

I'd have gone on this boat in a minute.
Conception%20too-L.jpg

Last edited:

Idiotic

This was a 75' boat designed to hold more than the 34 divers on board safely. I take it that you are not a diver or you would know that 34 people being in the water at once is not unusual or dangerous.

Something went seriously wrong but the boat was not overloaded by any means.

Here is a site that has many photos of the ill-fated ship.
Conception bunk beds where 34 died after being trapped below deck by fire | Daily Mail Online

I'd have gone on this boat in a minute.
Conception%20too-L.jpg

I used to frequent party fishing boats that were all somewhat larger than the deathtrap in the picture. The party boats are all larger than that, but had no sleeping births for the patrons. Claiming that 40 or more can sleep on that boat comfortably or safely is retarded. The fact is that the boat in the picture could well hold 50 people for a day trip, then back to the dock.

The funny thing is that you think that the boat in the picture is big enough to sleep and feed 40 people, that boat is a jalopy. Bye the way how do 5 crew monitor 34 people in the water?

Answer, they don't

PS I now own my own boat, you do not I will bet

belmar party boats - Bing images

Last edited:
I used to frequent party fishing boats that were all somewhat larger than the deathtrap in the picture. The party boats are all larger than that, but had no sleeping births for the patrons. Claiming that 40 or more can sleep on that boat comfortably or safely is retarded. The fact is that the boat in the picture could well hold 50 people for a day trip, then back to the dock.

The funny thing is that you think that the boat in the picture is big enough to sleep and feed 40 people, that boat is a jalopy. Bye the way how do 5 crew monitor 34 people in the water?

Answer, they don't

I have no clue what or why you are ranting. This was NOT a party boat, it was a DIVING boat. NO one had drowned. The boat passed the safety inspection this year.

i-HNWxGB3.jpg

Answer, they don't

I have no clue what or why you are ranting. This was NOT a party boat, it was a DIVING boat. NO one had drowned. The boat passed the safety inspection this year.

i-HNWxGB3.jpg

Hey stupid, 34 living people burned to death...………………

What is your point?

They packed as many people as possible on as small a boat as they could in order to make money.

And 34 people burned to death, at 420 dollars per head they made 14,280 dollars, was that worth 34 lives

Hey genius, this yacht sleeps up to 36 guest...SAFELY
Discover Patagonia aboard large-capacity luxury charter yacht LAUREN L — Yacht Charter & Superyacht News
Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

Thanks for playing

Last edited:

Answer, they don't

i-HNWxGB3.jpg

What is your point?

They packed as many people as possible on as small a boat as they could in order to make money.

And 34 people burned to death, at 420 dollars per head they made 14,280 dollars, was that worth 34 lives

You're one sick puppy. Seek help!

Liberals-S.jpg

Don't expect a response, I don't argue with Trolls.

Answer, they don't

i-HNWxGB3.jpg

What is your point?

Liberals-S.jpg

Again simpleton this yacht sleeps up to 36 people safely

Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

And I voted for Trump doofy

Answer, they don't

i-HNWxGB3.jpg

What is your point?

Liberals-S.jpg

Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

power-of-silence-M.jpg

Answer, they don't

i-HNWxGB3.jpg

What is your point?

Liberals-S.jpg

Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

power-of-silence-M.jpg

This vessel sleeps 36 people safely, and it is still in business
Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

Why are you so fucking obnoxious to people that are answering you in a perfectly reasonable manner?

Why are you so fucking obnoxious to people that are answering you in a perfectly reasonable manner?
Why have people been obnoxious to me for two days when 34 people burned to death?

Bye the way saying that this boat is or was fit to sleep 40 people is not reasonable, it's retarded.

Well.....………………..

Last edited:
Why have people been obnoxious to me for two days when 34 people burned to death?

Bye the way saying that this boat is or was fit to sleep 40 people is not reasonable, it's retarded.

Well.....………………..

power-of-silence-M.jpg

Well.....………………..

power-of-silence-M.jpg

Again this yacht certifies itself able to hold 36 guest safely and is still booking passengers, if the conception dive team owned this ship they would take 4000 people diving at a time.

Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

Why is the knee jerk response by arm chair detectives centered on the design of the boat?

Why is the knee jerk response by arm chair detectives centered on the design of the boat?

I have no clue. Frannie was looking for a fight over the tragic of 34 people. I feel sorry for him, he has no soul.

The boat and her sister had made hundreds if not thousands of identical trips without a mishap. They appeared to be in excellent condition. In my youth, I worked on a number of dive boats and as a diver for the Miami SeaQuarium. Safety was always, always, the prime consideration.

There is no way to design a boat that small to birth 40 people safely in any reasonable amount of comfort.

This boat holds 36 passengers
Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

Forum List

Back