Nuclear power is clean and safe. Why aren't we using more of it?

Cheaper, cleaner, more reliable.

The US could gain actual energy independence by nationalizing a nuclear power project.

That is the correct motorcycle. We're not doing it because a nuclear power plant's safety systems worked perfectly (Three Mile Island) and scared everyone.
And because the idiot politicians thought that shitty Jane Fonda movie about a nuclear accident was a documentary

The US could gain actual energy independence by nationalizing a nuclear power project.

Politicians and society are lazy, so they look at low hanging fruit like solar and wind. Solar and wind are romantic ideas that sound clean, even though they aren't very substantial, but they warm the hearts of voters and politicians. If Google, the msm, big social media, and big tech were to push nuclear energy like they push their vaccine agenda, we'd be seeing new nuclear power plants being constructed next week.

Why nationalize it? Just let power companies do what they do best. Plus having the regulator and the regulate-ee being the same thing is always a recipe for disaster.

What has to be done is removal of the regulations that are in place as more of a de facto attempt at banning new nuclear power as opposed to regulations that are in place to make it safe.

It doesn't matter if the hydrogen burns clean if we still have to use energy from fossil fuels to produce it because it will take more energy to split the molecule than the hydrogen will produce
Producing hydrogen gas through electrolysis has grown much cheaper. Electrolysis requires at least some electricity which can be generated from solar and wind power. We may be able to store excess electricity reasonably cheaply and safely in cavities far underground by converting it to hydrogen for a grid baseload.. Maybe not.

Fukushima, Chernobyl, 3 mile Island

3 reasons right there,
3 Mile Island's safety systems worked as designed and no one got hurt.

Chernobyl was a piss poor design without containment, a large flaw, and an incompetent system running it.

Fukishima took a 40ft high wall of water and even then main containment was not breached.
It doesn't matter what you say or what the facts are. This is why we don't have nuclear power. Go and convince the communists running the country.

Because nuclear power is neither clean nor safe

af2b65d86920f26688e2f28fa4d3d671.jpg

33d5076b758b3fae1d03359f61167a2b--chernobyl-disaster-april-.jpg

Politicians and society are lazy, so they look at low hanging fruit like solar and wind. Solar and wind are romantic ideas that sound clean, even though they aren't very substantial, but they warm the hearts of voters and politicians. If Google, the msm, big social media, and big tech were to push nuclear energy like they push their vaccine agenda, we'd be seeing new nuclear power plants being constructed next week.
There was a push by the Obama administration for 4 new plants to be built using government-guaranteed loans. I think only 1 or 2 companies took advantage of this (will have to revisit it). So it isn't just the fault of the politicians.

shall we now refer to it as da Chernobyl factor ?
Or Fukushima. Take your pick. Both are scary for different reasons. Chernobyl because human error is a factor, and Fukushima because natural disasters cannot be predicted or controlled.

Because nuclear power is neither clean nor safe

af2b65d86920f26688e2f28fa4d3d671.jpg

33d5076b758b3fae1d03359f61167a2b--chernobyl-disaster-april-.jpg
Looks like those kids were vaccinated

shall we now refer to it as da Chernobyl factor ?
Or Fukushima. Take your pick. Both are scary for different reasons. Chernobyl because human error is a factor, and Fukushima because natural disasters cannot be predicted or controlled.
What I can predict is; if you sit 2-3 feet above sea level long enough a big wave will fuck you up !
Maybe Turkey Point or Indian river are next.
Hurrican Andrew had a minimal tide factor.

Why do the distributors of power here in TN and elsewhere want to buy power from anyone else but TVA? (Who holds all the Nuclear power plants which makes it more expensive than everyone else)
The TVA services 100% of Tennessee. TvA generates 39% of its energy power from nuclear plants. The price of a kWh in Tennessee is 5th lowest in the nation at 10.79 cents/kWh, well below the national average.

My urination illustration still stands....I know what was paid before nuclear power came along and I know what got paid afterwards...

My urination illustration still stands....I know what was paid before nuclear power came along and I know what got paid afterwards...
It does not stand, in light of the facts. 5th cheapest energy in the nation, supplied 100% by TVA.

It does not stand, in light of the facts. 5th cheapest energy in the nation, supplied 100% by TVA.
Look, I've been paying the power bill...I know what the electric co-ops have been pushing hard for and WHY....
When you actually have feet in the mud you got room to talk.... otherwise you are just argumentative and playing internet forum hero.

I am an electrician...I know exactly what I am talking about. I've done lineman jobs and inside wireman jobs. I know exactly what goes where and WHY and the rates.

When you have some real credentials come back...of course it's going to take you 30 years to get them. But do try.

Look, I've been paying the power bill...I know what the electric co-ops have been pushing hard for and WHY....
Sorry, these personal anecdotes and gut feelings do not trump objective facts.

Of course you know the rates. I posted them for you. 5th cheapest in the country and well below the national average (20% below).

Sorry, these personal anecdotes and gut feelings do not trump objective facts.

Of course you know the rates. I posted them for you. 5th cheapest in the country and well below the national average (20% below).
They're not...I should know...I've traveled the USA extensively and know what I pay.

Forum List

Back