Nugent Ousted From Concert: Liberty Takes Another on the Chin-Again

A lot of what Nugent says is just shtick. He is an entertainer after all.

But the military can't endorse someone who has publically been disrespectful of the CINC.

Regardless of who occupies the White House.

Cons can't wrap their heads around that because they think the military is some sort of GOP auxiliary.
It's neither party's auxiliary, as it should be.

I just think the hysterics over Nugent are too funny for words!

I think he is awesome!

Absolutely agree with the first.

Personally, I find Nugent dishonest and dull.

Do you really thingpk he never smoked pot in the 60s and 70s?
I think he has admitted to it, as a matter of fact.

Some of the best proponents of the dangers of substance abuse are those who used in the past, in my experience.

And, I've tried a lot of substances in my teens and college years. I don't think I'm a bad person at all, but I am still against using any substance regularly.

Last edited:
I'm still wondering why people think Nugent's free speech rights are being violated. Nobody told him he couldn't say the bullshit he did.

And..........free speech dictates that anyone who disagrees with Nugent can say so.

Matter of fact, Nugent can STILL say what he's been spewing, just not on the base. Free speech doesn't mean that you have a right to perform anywhere you want, because the people who own the place you might perform at have free speech as well, and they have the right to refuse.

Free speech doesn't mean that Nugent also has the right to perform on bases, unless they want him.

Err, it's not a base, it's a Fort.

Nugent Ousted From Fort Knox Concert Line-Up

Ted Nugent has been booted from the line-up at an annual Fort Knox summer concert following his recent comments about President Barack Obama, a Fort Knox representative confirmed to The Blaze.

The decision to oust Nugent came after “recent disparaging remarks made against the commander in chief,” Ryan Brus of the Fort Knox public affairs office said.

Because the concert is taking place on a military installation, it “would be a conflict of interest since the military has the obligation to be apolitical,” he said.

Brus said they don‘t look at political or social views when booking performers but that Nugent’s comments about the commander in chief crossed the line.

Brus said Major General Jefforey Smith, commanding general at Fort Knox, made the final decision to cancel Nugent’s appearance.

Apolitical my ass...

There was nothing apolitical about the dcision. It was a security matter. Nugent's rant will probably bring out all the but cases on the far right. His cut was the right thing to do.

Nugent may say he has been cleared by the Secret Service and FBI, but I expect he is under survelance.

Ohhhh, and a weak woman like yourself just fucking crumbles if you displease a MAN.

Manifold wasn't angry, you moron.

Si, have some of that "awesome" Nugent you love:

"And if you're a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as the immortal 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' are sexist, Nugent says, 'Fuck you and go to a Garth Brooks show. Kiss my dog's dead, diseased, rotting ass.
And, being the fucking coward you are you STILL will not explain your earlier implication.

Weak women do exactly as you do - attack women for being women when you have nothing left.

You are pathetic.
Si, you are more like a terrier that cannot let go of a cloth; YOUR KIND OF MALE MUSICIAN, that clear enough for ya?:cuckoo:

It's neither party's auxiliary, as it should be.

I just think the hysterics over Nugent are too funny for words!

I think he is awesome!

Some of the best proponents of the dangers of substance abuse are those who used in the past, in my experience.

You are correct that the best counselors for drug and alcohol problems are the ones that have experienced it and recovered, because they know the path as well as the way out of the woods.

The only issue I have with your post is that you consider use of cannabis "substance abuse". The only reason cannabis is illegal is because of a racist cop named Anslinger who didn't like Blacks and Hispanics (the main consumers of the plant at the time).

Incidentally, there is NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION that can result from use of pot. If you try to take the psychological addictive track? Well, if you go that route, so can gambling, shopping, and co-dependency.

If Nugent used pot, so what? It should be legal anyway.

Ah, remember the good ole days for the Left? Wishing death on George Bush and his family daily. Now look at em rushing to silence anyone who dares to speak ill of their Dear Leader. What a bunch of hypocritical wussies. Kudos to Ted Nugent! Right On!

NOTE once again, ALEC BALDWIN is no better.............................

Si, have some of that "awesome" Nugent you love:

"And if you're a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as the immortal 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' are sexist, Nugent says, 'Fuck you and go to a Garth Brooks show. Kiss my dog's dead, diseased, rotting ass.
And, being the fucking coward you are you STILL will not explain your earlier implication.

Weak women do exactly as you do - attack women for being women when you have nothing left.

You are pathetic.
Si, you are more like a terrier that cannot let go of a cloth; YOUR KIND OF MALE MUSICIAN, that clear enough for ya?:cuckoo:
Finally you came up with at least a plausible spin.

:rolleyes:

I have quite an eclectic taste in music, so thanks for your baseless assumption.

Attitudes sure change when libs get into power. There was a time when you couldn't perform in a concert unless you said something bad about the president.

You are correct that the best counselors for drug and alcohol problems are the ones that have experienced it and recovered, because they know the path as well as the way out of the woods.

The only issue I have with your post is that you consider use of cannabis "substance abuse". The only reason cannabis is illegal is because of a racist cop named Anslinger who didn't like Blacks and Hispanics (the main consumers of the plant at the time).

Incidentally, there is NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION that can result from use of pot. If you try to take the psychological addictive track? Well, if you go that route, so can gambling, shopping, and co-dependency.

I'm not totally against legalizing weed, just so you know.

But, from a personal safety experience, I have no - zero - desire to work with anyone who uses cannabis on a regular basis, and totally support drug screening for it..

Ted Nugent has been booted from the line-up at an annual Fort Knox summer concert following his recent comments about President Barack Obama, a Fort Knox representative confirmed to The Blaze.

The decision to oust Nugent came after “recent disparaging remarks made against the commander in chief,” Ryan Brus of the Fort Knox public affairs office said.

Because the concert is taking place on a military installation, it “would be a conflict of interest since the military has the obligation to be apolitical,” he said.

Brus said they don‘t look at political or social views when booking performers but that Nugent’s comments about the commander in chief crossed the line.

Brus said Major General Jefforey Smith, commanding general at Fort Knox, made the final decision to cancel Nugent’s appearance.

Apolitical my ass...

There was nothing apolitical about the dcision. It was a security matter. Nugent's rant will probably bring out all the but cases on the far right. His cut was the right thing to do.

Nugent may say he has been cleared by the Secret Service and FBI, but I expect he is under survelance.

I doubt that but why would the Major General allow something like THAT on a military installation?

Apolitical my ass...

Dixie Chicks ring a bell? The right wing went hysterical over a rather benign comment by lead vocalist Maines who said:

"we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States (George W. Bush) is from Texas".

Nugent is an asshole, but I don't want him censored. Only the far right supports his vile comments and such comments cause normal people - not the fringe - to recoil.

Yes, a long history of pretend tough guy statements about killing, brags about shooting every animal he can, has a disgusting mouth, and nothing but trash guitar playing.

I'm not going to be too hard on Ted Nugent and I will tell you why, back when it was not such a popular thing to do, Ted Nugent with a few others took the time with the USO to go to Iraq and entertain soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines when few would. He's done a lot of good for disabled vets, and donated tickets to many returning wounded warriors. While yes, Ted Nugent has a habit of taking his foot and inserting it into that hole under his nose, and when he was young, he was less than a stellar citizen, his actions to towards this nations service members over the last few years has been very supportive. While his comments directed at the President were unwise to say the least, and his actions afterwards were not much better, I do believe that Mr. Nugent like many Americans has an extreme dislike for the current office holder to the point where sometimes, he might lose sight of the fact that one does not have to like the man or women in the office but, as an American respect the office. The President of the United States is the Commander in Chief of the US Military and if one disagree's with him politically thats fine and we as Americans are well within our rights to do so, however, the US Military see's the President as it's Commander in Chief and no matter the person, Democrat or Republican that will not change and Mr. Nugent having voiced his opinion not only on the man but the office, gave the US Army no choice but to uninvite him, perhaps this might help Mr. Nugent understand that to disagree with President Obama the Democrat is ok, to disparage the Office of President of the United States is another, and then expect the US Military to act as if nothing happened is a bit much.

Well done, sir.

The liquor & timber industries do not want marijuana, and hemp as competitors either.

I'm not going to be too hard on Ted Nugent and I will tell you why, back when it was not such a popular thing to do, Ted Nugent with a few others took the time with the USO to go to Iraq and entertain soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines when few would. He's done a lot of good for disabled vets, and donated tickets to many returning wounded warriors. While yes, Ted Nugent has a habit of taking his foot and inserting it into that hole under his nose, and when he was young, he was less than a stellar citizen, his actions to towards this nations service members over the last few years has been very supportive. While his comments directed at the President were unwise to say the least, and his actions afterwards were not much better, I do believe that Mr. Nugent like many Americans has an extreme dislike for the current office holder to the point where sometimes, he might lose sight of the fact that one does not have to like the man or women in the office but, as an American respect the office. The President of the United States is the Commander in Chief of the US Military and if one disagree's with him politically thats fine and we as Americans are well within our rights to do so, however, the US Military see's the President as it's Commander in Chief and no matter the person, Democrat or Republican that will not change and Mr. Nugent having voiced his opinion not only on the man but the office, gave the US Army no choice but to uninvite him, perhaps this might help Mr. Nugent understand that to disagree with President Obama the Democrat is ok, to disparage the Office of President of the United States is another, and then expect the US Military to act as if nothing happened is a bit much.

Well done, sir.

So what? It's the least he could do after refusing to serve his courtry during wartime. He knew he wouldn't be risking his life on stage. Many female celebrities have done the same thing many times.

Bob Hope redated Nugent.

Last edited:

Well done, sir.

So what? It's the least he could do after refusing to serve his courtry during wartime. He knew he wouldn't be risking his life on stage. Many, many female celebrities have done the same thing, many, many times.

Bob Hope redated Nugent.

This is the only good thing anybody could come up with about the dirtbag, Trash Nugent.

Well done, sir.

So what? It's the least he could do after refusing to serve his courtry during wartime. He knew he wouldn't be risking his life on stage. Many, many female celebrities have done the same thing, many, many times.

You know what Injun...as a warrior myself I think every man has the right to go or not go to war...it is his choice. I chose to go, if one of my sons chose not to go, I would support him 100%. You calling people chickenhawks (to me) means nothing other then you are a fool.

Well done, sir.

Bob Hope redated Nugent.

This is the only good thing anybody could come up with about the dirtbag, Trash Nugent.

Nah, his TV show can be a crack up sometimes and he has a LOT of friends and fans that love him. He is also a hell of a guitar player and he has a great stage presence. Your statement is very untrue.

Crossed the line......what about bill mayher, or all those other lefty butt kissers when they open their pie holes and say stupid stuff? I am so tired of the libtard "We are better than thou" mentality. Bunch of mental twits.

And everyone else is tired of conservatives attempting to deflect the issue.

The issue is the OP’s failed attempt to portray the exclusion of Nugent as some sort of free speech ‘violation,’ when it is clearly not.

On a lighter note, on what I posted earlier, there are many who have gone the extra mile to see to it that the US Military overseas is not forgotten, some of them even go that extra mile like Gary Sinise. I suppose it's why I tend to think that the sorta of actions by Mr. Nugent need to be seen in the light of his recent work, his mouth and opinions not withstanding. The other thing, worth noting is, that moments like these should serve everyone to take pause, and think for a moment in the difference between the person in the office and the office itself. When President Obama was first elected I like many Republicans was dejected and fearful, but the moment he took that oath, he was not just the President of those who voted for him, but also my President too, because he assumed the mantle of the office that "We the People" lent him. Yes I have had and still have my disagreements with President Obama and all the way back to many other Presidents of both parties, but they all shared one thing in common, they were President of the United States. It's my hope that Mr. Nugent learn from this and learns to seperate the two, as I do believe that his history over the last several years , unlike his mouth has shown a dedication to this nation.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back