Number of foreign fighters from Europe in Syria is historically unprecedented. Who sh

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
With all the foreign fighters swarming into Syria, it appears that when many return home, there is worry that they will commit terrorists acts in their own country.

Number of foreign fighters from Europe in Syria is historically unprecedented. Who should be worried?
By Thomas Hegghammer
November 27 at 10:49 am
Joshua Tucker: The following is a guest post from political scientist Thomas Hegghammer of the Norwegian Defense Research Establishment.]

Since 2011, large numbers of European Muslims have gone to Syria to fight with the rebels. But exactly how many are they, and which countries are providing most of the fighters? The question matters because some of these foreign fighters may return to perpetrate attacks in the West, and Western governments are now grappling with the question of how to design and calibrate countermeasures.

To read articles in its entirety, go to:

Number of foreign fighters from Europe in Syria is historically unprecedented. Who should be worried?

With all the foreign fighters swarming into The IDF, it appears that when many return home, there is worry that they will commit Apartheid acts in their own country.

IDF programs for non-Israelis:

* The Mahal program is for men younger than 24 and women younger than 21. Eligible are non-Israeli Jews, descendants of a Jewish grandparent of the aforementioned. The program consists of 18 months of IDF service.
Volunteer, Enlist, Serve & Join the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) - Zahal - Mahal, Nahal Haredi, Hesder, Garin - Mahal Guide & Assistant

With all the foreign fighters swarming into The IDF, it appears that when many return home, there is worry that they will commit Apartheid acts in their own country.

IDF programs for non-Israelis:

* The Mahal program is for men younger than 24 and women younger than 21. Eligible are non-Israeli Jews, descendants of a Jewish grandparent of the aforementioned. The program consists of 18 months of IDF service.
Volunteer, Enlist, Serve & Join the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) - Zahal - Mahal, Nahal Haredi, Hesder, Garin - Mahal Guide & Assistant

Joey, no one is stopping you from joining those who return to Spain. They will even teach you how to behead people. The only problem I see is that they are usually Sunni, and you being a Shia might not appeal to them. I guess you could fake it and pretend you are a Sunni.

American's fighting in foreign wars was considered patriotic in the last century.

U.S. citizens joined the Lafayette Escadrille and fought for the French before America entered WWI

A large number of Americans volunteered to fight in Spain in the 1930's and formed the Abraham Lincoln brigade. (Ernest Hemingway was a member)

The Flying Tigers AVG were American flyers famous for joining with China to fight the Japanese before WWII.

And there were many U.S. citizens who fought with the Afghan people to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan in the 1980's.

It's a time honored tradition.......... :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Still working on your paranoia, silly/sally?

If I was a Muslim (which I have never claimed to be) I would be permitted to Taqiyya
a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts while they are at risk of significant persecution.
Taqiyya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dont feel at risk from you as I cant smell your smeckle-breath from here.

Still working on your paranoia, silly/sally?

If I was a Muslim (which I have never claimed to be) I would be permitted to Taqiyya
a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts while they are at risk of significant persecution.
Taqiyya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dont feel at risk from you as I cant smell your smeckle-breath from here.

Joey, you are an expert in Taqiyya. Have you ever renewed your green card? I imagine once those crazies came into power in Iran, you ran to the U.S. like so many of the Iranians who didn't want to live there with those nuts ruling them. You didn't even care if you didn't wait to see the Imam jump out of the well.

By mentioning a "smeckle-breath," are you telling us that youy are working as a male prostitute in Spain.

Forum List

Back