Nunchaku Again Legal In Arizona

You think all TKD schools have the same belt system? Christ man, you really do live in a bubble. Regardless, the belts were like this at Yi Brothers Martial Arts.
White
Yellow
Orange
Blue
Green
Brown
Red
Red (with a stripe)
Black

Why do they use so many jumping kicks? I assume because they are flashy, much like the unnecessary movements in kung fu, but at least jump kicks have their uses, though they are more telegraphed.

Oh I know what colors the belts are.....tell me what they represent in Korea....c'mon boy...you claim you're a "black belt" if so you are a master of your art. The Koreans developed jumping kicks to defend themselves against soldiers on horses....you don't know shit...you;re a fraud.

I have seen more REAL fights than all of you combined ×10. You people live in the same dojo bubble i once lived in. My TKD black belt is as worthless as the rest of yours, but at least i learned the truth. You people live in a fantasy world.

Ah, so now you're a "TKD black belt"? So unless you're the "Mcdojo" you accused me of being, maybe you can tell me what each Tae Kwon Do belt color represents and why the Koreans stress jump kicks. Remember, I trained with ROK 9th white horse division at Ninh Hoa so maybe you should knock off the bullshit now and vanish.
You think all TKD schools have the same belt system? Christ man, you really do live in a bubble. Regardless, the belts were like this at Yi Brothers Martial Arts.

White
Yellow
Orange
Purple
Blue
Green
Brown
Red
Red (with a stripe)
Black

Why do they use so many jumping kicks? I assume because they are flashy, much like the unnecessary movements in kung fu, but at least jump kicks have their uses, though they are more telegraphed.

You arent going to generate more power with a 360 round house (aka whirlwind kick) than you would with a regular round house. The exception however would be that a turn side kick generates more power than a regular side kick, even though you dont spin 360° with a turn side kick, but getting a 180° turn of your hips with one foot planted does generate tremendous power if youre good at it.

American schools tend to have more belt ranks than Korean schools. Those test fees add up to some real money! :auiqs.jpg:

Agreed jumpers are more for show these days, depending upon distance. I don't recommend them on the street, although someone adept can be effective at short distance with minimal telegraphing.

Is this the Who’s More Macho thread?

:04:
For them it is. My position clearly is that traditional martial arts are tremendously flawed. A highschool state wrestling champion trounces any pure karate master in a real fight.

White
Yellow
Orange
Blue
Green
Brown
Red
Red (with a stripe)
Black

Oh I know what colors the belts are.....tell me what they represent in Korea....c'mon boy...you claim you're a "black belt" if so you are a master of your art. The Koreans developed jumping kicks to defend themselves against soldiers on horses....you don't know shit...you;re a fraud.
I can break down the the nuances of any TKD kick you care to name, unless its some crazy 720 new thing.

OTOH you say you took karate then you ask stupid basic questions about it. All martial systems are more or less stylized into specific movements, the Japanese based tend toward the straight and linear whereas the Chinese movements tend toward the circular. There are no unnecessary movements in either system if used properly. Whereas in karate each movement has a beginning and end, kung fu is fluid with movements going from one to the other. I'll say it again, it is one thing to learn a system, but in the street application of the art, one must adapt to think outside the system because unlike the dojo or some demonstration, your opponent may not be playing by a fixed set of rules, that is why I was taught that you always wait for your opponent to make the first move, then your response is to feel his energy, take it, redirect it and use it against him.

One of the most beautiful things to see is a little Japanese girl trained in Aikido take a big brawling guy and throw him through the air like so much trash. She needs no strength of her own because she merely needs to redirect the force of the attacker back against himself.

Agreed jumpers are more for show these days, depending upon distance. I don't recommend them on the street, although someone adept can be effective at short distance with minimal telegraphing.

Jumping kicks are effective against a knife, particularly because you're faking with one leg and kicking with the other. A side-jump kick (yoko tobi geri) gives you the most distance possible from a knife. You're correct...ariel kicks are risky because if you don't land correctly you can be in trouble. Never fake a kick a kick of any kind...don't give away that advantage by showing you have it. That's enough for today...otherwise CodBoy will be claiming he's a Kim Chi master. :lol:

Uhuh, ive seen MANY "masters" say the same thing just before they get their ass handed to them.

No you haven't...what you may have seen are phonies like yourself bragging about holding rank they don't hold, fights they've never been in, and mocking real martial artists like myself and others here for attention. Your kind always makes the same mistake...trying to barge into conversations you know nothing about and were too cowardly to ever venture into to find out.

I've known "masters" who were 2nd Dan when they boarded the plane in Seoul, and were magically transformed into 6th by the time they got to America.:auiqs.jpg:

Essentially, the wisest move is what Lee advised - adapt martial art to yourself, not yourself to the art.

OTOH you say you took karate then you ask stupid basic questions about it. All martial systems are more or less stylized into specific movements, the Japanese based tend toward the straight and linear whereas the Chinese movements tend toward the circular. There are no unnecessary movements in either system if used properly. Whereas in karate each movement has a beginning and end, kung fu is fluid with movements going from one to the other. I'll say it again, it is one thing to learn a system, but in the street application of the art, one must adapt to think outside the system because unlike the dojo or some demonstration, your opponent may not be playing by a fixed set of rules, that is why I was taught that you always wait for your opponent to make the first move, then your response is to feel his energy, take it, redirect it and use it against him.

One of the most beautiful things to see is a little Japanese girl trained in Aikido take a big brawling guy and throw him through the air like so much trash. She needs no strength of her own because she merely needs to redirect the force of the attacker back against himself.

I always liked the concept of Aikido but how do they spar when neither can move the other? The concept of "Chi" isn't being taught anymore in these shopping center dojos where you get rank according to your contract. There was a Shin GoJu Ryu master in Denver named Frank Goody who is pictured sitting with Tohei....very rare for an Anglo. He once dared ten men and a boy to move him off his lotus. He put up no outward resistance..it was amazing to see. Later he exlained that he'd fastened his mind to a post in the basement of the building, a leverage his tormentors couldn't overcome. I've had glimpses of true Chi but they were fleeting.

I've known "masters" who were 2nd Dan when they boarded the plane in Seoul, and were magically transformed into 6th by the time they got to America.:auiqs.jpg:

So true....and they have no intention of working for somebody else once they're here. There was a Korean named Sang Kyu Shim who came from Seoul to Detroit to assist David Praim's Tang Soo Do school. That lasted about a week, and after Praim had paid for his trip, food, lodging, and walking around money, Shim walked out and started his own school. The ran into each other in a men's room a few weeks later but didn't fight...lucky for Praim....he would have lost.

The concept of "Chi" isn't being taught anymore in these shopping center dojos where you get rank according to your contract.

Then they are just taking people's money. Chi is everything. It is the first thing one must try to learn. Without being centered in oneself, a fighter is nothing. Without it all you have is the body's outer strength which can be beaten. True martial arts is a spiritual discipline first and foremost. Chi is the inner strength. Cultivation of the inner strength (the vital body) is the path to true mastery such as Bruce Lee had. With proper cultivation of chi, an opponent can be beaten without raising a single blow because no weapon can strike a surface that gives no resistance. The wise man runs from a fight and only fights as a last resort.

Christ, you couldnt have named 2 worse martial arts. At least you learn striking with karate and throws with judo, but aikido and kung fu? GTFO!

Have you ever seen a good kung fu fight that was real? I already know you havent because ive scoured youtube in search of one and and i found out they are all a bunch of sloppy bums whose technique disappears instantly when a real fight starts.

Aikido? You have got to be shitting me. Its the fakest of the fake martial arts. Little girls dont beat big guys unless the big guy plays along.

If these arts were effective, you would see professional fighters winning with those techniques. Do you know how many kung fu or aikido champions exist in professional fighting? The answer is zero because that shit doesnt work.

Watch Joe Rogan discuss aikido.

The concept of "Chi" isn't being taught anymore in these shopping center dojos where you get rank according to your contract.

Then they are just taking people's money. Chi is everything. It is the first thing one must try to learn. Without being centered in oneself, a fighter is nothing. Without it all you have is the body's outer strength which can be beaten. True martial arts is a spiritual discipline first and foremost. Chi is the inner strength. Cultivation of the inner strength (the vital body) is the path to true mastery such as Bruce Lee had. With proper cultivation of chi, an opponent can be beaten without raising a single blow because no weapon can strike a surface that gives no resistance. The wise man runs from a fight and only fights as a last resort.
Your chi wont help you when a dutch kickboxers shin bone slams into your thigh. :laugh:

So true....and they have no intention of working for somebody else once they're here. There was a Korean named Sang Kyu Shim

He and my second TKD Master (first was Jhoon Rhee in 1965, when he was the only game in DC) were friends, and I was handed "The Making of a Martial Artist" on joining the school.

I found out later nobody else got a book. Must have been all the charm. :04:

Forum List

Back