• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What's your favorite?

To eat plain?
To cook with?
In your salad?

I uh, think everybody knows mine by now. Although technically a cashew isn't a nut but a seed.

I like any combo of mixed nuts, as long as it doesn't have peanuts (also not a nut), isn't salted to death, and isn't swimming in cottonseed oil. That filter prolly keeps off considerable poundage and eases the nut budget.

I can't stand nuts dipped in honey or anything sweet and will immediately run in the opposite direction. Why anyone would want nuts to be sweet is incomprehensible.

Walnuts are the choice for baking into brownies/cookies or pancakes. I don't use nuts in salads much --- they get lost. Sometimes sliced almonds will go well in a Belgian endive-apple-gruyère salad though.

Last edited:
Cashews. Raw. Unmolested by human hands. But they're expensive. I mostly eat peanuts, Costco has the best ones, big sumbitches in a large can.

I like honey roasted peanuts best.

Cooking with walnuts or pecans.
Almonds for a salad.

I was afraid to put Peanut up there cause there is always a smart ass that says "it's a legume".. whatever!

I uh, think everybody knows mine by now. Although technically a cashew isn't a nut but a seed.

I like any combo of mixed nuts, as long as it doesn't have peanuts (also not a nut), isn't salted to death, and isn't swimming in cottonseed oil. That filter prolly keeps off considerable poundage and eases the nut budget.

I can't stand nuts dipped in honey or anything sweet and will immediately run in the opposite direction. Why anyone would want nuts to be sweet is incomprehensible.

Walnuts are the choice for baking into brownies/cookies or pancakes. I don't use nuts in salads much --- they get lost. Sometimes sliced almonds will go well in a Belgian endive-apple-gruyère salad though.

see.... people pick and point out literal shit.. so annoying

I believe Walnuts are healthiest, but I'm sure Pogo will point it out if I'm wrong..........

about every 2 weeks, I go to the local co op and pick up 4-5 pounds of unsalted mixed nuts.

Still trying to get past the hand to mouth action from quitting smoking.

Almonds for a salad.

I was afraid to put Peanut up there cause there is always a smart ass that says "it's a legume".. whatever!

They ARE different.

I got food poisoning from peanuts once, and swore off them forever. Never had a problem with real nuts (or seeds).

And if I don't point out that cashews aren't nuts, BlackSand will. And I don't want to piss off my supplier.

I believe Walnuts are healthiest, but I'm sure Pogo will point it out if I'm wrong..........

I wooden do dat. :eusa_angel:

Actually I have no idea. I just know which taste good, and which give me food poisoning.

Oh wait, here's another one for walnuts --- Waldorf salad.

I love Waldorf salad. Somehow I never heard of it until I saw it in Ireland.

about every 2 weeks, I go to the local co op and pick up 4-5 pounds of unsalted mixed nuts.

Still trying to get past the hand to mouth action from quitting smoking.

it takes a while. I never had to deal with that but hubby did.
How long have you been NOT smoking?

Almonds for a salad.

They ARE different.

I got food poisoning from peanuts once, and swore off them forever. Never had a problem with real nuts (or seeds).

And if I don't point out that cashews aren't nuts, BlackSand will. And I don't want to piss off my supplier.

when you know too much about a food, it's bad.
I worked for a company that had a lot of information on Peanuts, and, they have naturally occurring carcinogens called aflatoxin.
Also, there is always the small percentage of bug parts and feces in many foods.....

Forum List

Back