NY Gov rescinds magazine ban

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
This is NOT an Onion story, I promise:

His original restrictions were that no magazines holding more than seven rounds could be sold within the state, but he realized after-the-fact that such a rule turns into a de facto ban on almost every magazine manufactured.

Oops: Gov. Cuomo to Rescind Magazine Ban

Cuomo said the state needs to allow the sale of handgun and rifle magazines that hold 10 rounds, "but New Yorkers will still be required to keep no more than seven bullets in them."

Okay, question: Who thinks that a law that says you can't put more than 7 rounds into a magazine while stop ANY criminal or crazy from killing innocent people? If so, can you explain exactly how this would work...please?

My guess this law is ONLY going to catch otherwise law abiding citizens at a gun range.

Cuomo said the state needs to allow the sale of handgun and rifle magazines that hold 10 rounds, "but New Yorkers will still be required to keep no more than seven bullets in them."

Okay, question: Who thinks that a law that says you can't put more than 7 rounds into a magazine while stop ANY criminal or crazy from killing innocent people? If so, can you explain exactly how this would work...please?

I know, I read this yesterday. These people are so fucking stupid, but that's New York for you.

I know, I read this yesterday. These people are so fucking stupid, but that's New York for you.

Mindboggling isn't it...

This is NOT an Onion story, I promise:

His original restrictions were that no magazines holding more than seven rounds could be sold within the state, but he realized after-the-fact that such a rule turns into a de facto ban on almost every magazine manufactured.

Oops: Gov. Cuomo to Rescind Magazine Ban

My guess this law is ONLY going to catch otherwise law abiding citizens at a gun range.

Hahahaha.. Are you sure this isn't satirical?! What a moron.

We are really starting to think about heading south again,its like in the old Grateful Dead song,New York has the ways and means,but just won't let you be.

As it turns out, most firearms manufacturers do not make seven round magazines. This is what happens when stupid people like Cuomo enact laws requiring things that don't even exist. They have to back pedal and expose what idiots they truly are.

Like selling a pack of cigarettes that has 20 to a pack but telling people they can smoke 17 but they
have to throw the last 3 away or face a fine.

In his press conference for this he said no one makes a 7 round magazine. First thing that comes to my mind is a 1911 only been around for a few years.

He knows he screwed up.

Many counties in upstate and northern NY have voted against this legislation. We have 1 injunction against this, due to the way it was done. There are 2 more suits pending. He will not get his way this time. If by some chance he does he will lose the next election. Most of upstate and northern NY have rural beliefs. Unfortunattley NYC runs the state.

Forum List

Back