NY Times: Abolish The Constitution

It was put in place to stop such a government we have now. Do you understand? This isn't the Astec, Maya or Inca Empires your people had with empiror that ruled by decree.

Hardly. It was written by a bunch of men from the 18th century who had no idea of drive-by shootings, semi-automatic weapons, urban decay, the rights of women or non-whites. I think the founding fathers are rolling in their graves at what has happened to their "more perfect union", global terrorism or instant communications world-wide.

A constitution which which is not reflective of its times, it a dead document.

The fundamental laws of society don't change over time. Most of the things you list are the result of straying from the Constitution.

If the Constitution needs changing, it provides a mechanism for doing that. Turds like you who call it "out of date" or an "anachronism" simply don't want to go through the process. They want to impose their whims on everyone else.

Install the following rules and the Constitution would not need to be changed further:

1. Balanced Budget Amendment
2. Strict term limits
3. Publicly-funded elections

Take the power out of the hands of those who are abusing it by taking away their motivations to do so.

Last edited:
You seem to be under the naive impression that the U.S. government needs to disarm you in order to control you. :lol:

That said, the article makes good points, and shows ample precedent for extra-Constitutional measures.

That can't be the case because there are no good reasons for "extra-Constitutional measures." Only a moron or a fascist would even consider it.

I would venture to say those who wish to get rid of the constitution have never served in the military but have sat in many a class room having there brain washed by a bunch of fascist dribble.
There is something to be said for having been given something and not earned it---those will have no respect for freedom that did not earn it. Remember against enemies both foreign and domestic--I submit domestic enemies will and have done more harm to the USA than any foreign nation

Last edited:

Install the following rules and the Constitution would not need to be changed further:

2. Strict term limits

Take the power out of the hands of those who are abusing it by taking away their motivations to do so.

Fuck the publically funded elections. I would also get rid of the Interstate Commerce clause and repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments.

-Gzt3oInrgRxIwVG7jTw

The South...

Yea :) Good ole Dixieland.. Do come when you have a moment. ;-)

Yeah man do come down, we need the target practice.

I'm here, bitch.

You want to point your gun at me?

Let’s Give Up on the Constitution

By LOUIS MICHAEL SEIDMAN

Published: December 30, 2012

AS the nation teeters at the edge of fiscal chaos, observers are reaching the conclusion that the American system of government is broken. But almost no one blames the culprit: our insistence on obedience to the Constitution, with all its archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions."

The massively retarded son-of-bitch blames the Constitution even though the continuing criminal enterprise known as the US of A has ignored the Constitution since at least the 1860's.

The mother fucker somehow totally ignored the fact that the criminals in DC nationalized credit and banking in 1913.

Now you see the real reason the bastards want to disarms us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link to this?

It's an OP-Ed, and yet you hackishly attempt to claim the NYTimes said something outlandish and offensive.

The Fox has trained you well padawan.

It is obvious that because the Founding Fathers did not go to MIT,UCLA, HARVARD,YALE,Kent state, or any other what you call wonderfull college you think they are not smart and now your social liberal groups are smarter. Just remember and you are proving it COMMON SENSE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE SCHEDULE .

It is obvious that because the Founding Fathers did not go to MIT,UCLA, HARVARD,YALE,Kent state, or any other what you call wonderfull college you think they are not smart and now your social liberal groups are smarter. Just remember and you are proving it COMMON SENSE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE SCHEDULE .

You should post more often.

2. Strict term limits

you forgot one... you must be born of a citizen to be a born legal citizen.
obama should go for that.

2. Strict term limits

I'm with you on the first 2, but publicly funded elections scare the shit out of me.
Do you want a bureaucracy controlled by the Executive Branch deciding who gets campaign funding?

2. Strict term limits

I'm with you on the first 2, but publicly funded elections scare the shit out of me.
Do you want a bureaucracy controlled by the Executive Branch deciding who gets campaign funding?

No strategy is going to be perfect, that's for sure. And I'm with you, not a big fan of bureaucracies in general.

But yeah, take the influence of money out of politics and you'll immediately see politicians behaving differently. Look at all of the things these people do to attract and please donors. Look at the governing decisions they make with donors in mind. Then look at all the time they spend fundraising. And look at how much influence rests in the hands of those with the most money.

All things considered, I'd rather remove that influence.

Many of the founding fathers did go to Yale, Harvard, Columbia (Kings college, then), Princeton and other colleges.
In fact, the majority of those who attended the Constitutional Convention were college graduates.

2. Strict term limits

No strategy is going to be perfect, that's for sure. And I'm with you, not a big fan of bureaucracies in general.

But yeah, take the influence of money out of politics and you'll immediately see politicians behaving differently. Look at all of the things these people do to attract and please donors. Look at the governing decisions they make with donors in mind. Then look at all the time they spend fundraising. And look at how much influence rests in the hands of those with the most money.

All things considered, I'd rather remove that influence.

You can take most of the money out by term limits. I'd say leave the terms the duration they are now, but restrict the Senate and House to just 2 terms. That, along with a repeal of the 17th Amendment would assure that there are no career criminals in Congress.
These states were holdouts, only ratifying the 17th Amendment recently:

Alabama April 11, 2002
Delaware July 1, 2010
Maryland April 1, 2012

These states never have ratified:

Utah (explicitly rejected amendment)
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Mississippi
Rhode Island
South Carolina