NY Times says that Trump asked Comey to stop Flynn investigation. But why are all sources anonymous?

1 - great. i don't deny he wrote something down.
Wouldn't surprise me if he did.

But I've seen NO evidence that he wrote anything about Trump handing out classified information, coerced anybody, etc.

And given the level of screaming and hysteria from the Left on this subject, it's significant that this complete absence of evidence continues even today.

In fact, nearly every report purporting to make Trump look bad on any subject, comes from hard-left newspapers, and most have only anonymous sources. So there's nobody investigators can put on the stand and question about what they saw and heard.

How convenient.

BTW, how are the Democrats doing in finding the people in Russia who hacked our election? Any sources we can question? Any descriptions of which people they influenced, so we can question them?

Well, what do you know. No names. No specific actions found, no evidence at all.

Seems to be an emerging pattern in all these "blockbuster" reports from Democrat sources.

BTW, Comey had a chance to testify before Congress. Why didn't he mention any such request from Trump to shut down any investigation? Didn't even bring up the memo this "report" now points to as their chief (and only) source.

And why don't any of the screeching, outraged Democrats display any curiosity about these questions?

Um, every single "source" has never been fire hand, all of them have been one guy who knows a guy who did whatever. Comey also said when asked that Trump never tried to shut his Russia investigation down or hamper it in anyway.

Comey took notes of his interaction with President Trump, or so it is claimed. Such notes are evidence, and if they were time stamped in February, President Pence seems to have gotten the gold ring.

Then we have to worry about Ayatollah Pence and his believe in holy ghosts. Good grief, where is Nixon now that we need him.

ok - i write down a bunch of stuff on paper and tell you this is what someone said.

that's suddenly proof? i'm sure to liberals and anti-trump people its more than enough. hell, trump breathing is enough for them to want him gone.

but i fail to see how handwritten notes are damning to anything or anyone and can be counted on to be the truth.

Comey: Hey Trump - remember when you said xyz... (pointing to notes)
Trump: No.

ok - so what makes it factual and actual proof? other than trump hatred which is not good enough. there's a reason lady justice is blind and people on both sides keep forgetting that little fact. the laws are not written for a single side to take advantage of - they're written for us all to follow and be held to.

ALL OF US.

so if in these notes it can be proven trump said what he wrote down, how do we know he really wrote those notes and how do we know he didn't just say what he felt like saying? suddenly comey's word is gold when to libs just a few months ago it was nails on a chalkboard.

not followed much this am on the ties here so i'll go do some reading but it will take a stretch for me to go from "notes" to "facts" just because comey said so.

Notes are Documentary Evidence. It is up to the trier of facts to determine their value. Keep in mind, nearly every person indicted pleads not guilty, and the burden of proof is on the prosecution. One factor the judge, or a jury, will consider is the veracity of the accuser and the accused.

Comey spoke out of school IMO when he gave his personal opinion about HRC, and did not limit his address to the nation on the legal decision why she was not indicted. There was no lie there, it was his personal opinion. The legal opinion was based on the work of others who concluded no crime had been committed.

Consider this, if the notes in question were written shortly after the meeting(s), and thus before Comey was fired, they would have considerably more weight than what may come of he said, he said testimony. I would expect Comey to have an executive secretary/clerk to keep track of his correspondence and notes on many issues, and especially those of a political nature.

Comey took notes of his interaction with President Trump, or so it is claimed. Such notes are evidence, and if they were time stamped in February, President Pence seems to have gotten the gold ring.

Then we have to worry about Ayatollah Pence and his believe in holy ghosts. Good grief, where is Nixon now that we need him.

ok - i write down a bunch of stuff on paper and tell you this is what someone said.

that's suddenly proof? i'm sure to liberals and anti-trump people its more than enough. hell, trump breathing is enough for them to want him gone.

but i fail to see how handwritten notes are damning to anything or anyone and can be counted on to be the truth.

ok - so what makes it factual and actual proof? other than trump hatred which is not good enough. there's a reason lady justice is blind and people on both sides keep forgetting that little fact. the laws are not written for a single side to take advantage of - they're written for us all to follow and be held to.

ALL OF US.

so if in these notes it can be proven trump said what he wrote down, how do we know he really wrote those notes and how do we know he didn't just say what he felt like saying? suddenly comey's word is gold when to libs just a few months ago it was nails on a chalkboard.

not followed much this am on the ties here so i'll go do some reading but it will take a stretch for me to go from "notes" to "facts" just because comey said so.

Notes are Documentary Evidence. It is up to the trier of facts to determine their value. Keep in mind, nearly every person indicted pleads not guilty, and the burden of proof is on the prosecution. One factor the judge, or a jury, will consider is the veracity of the accuser and the accused.

Comey spoke out of school IMO when he gave his personal opinion about HRC, and did not limit his address to the nation on the legal decision why she was not indicted. There was no lie there, it was his personal opinion. The legal opinion was based on the work of others who concluded no crime had been committed.

Consider this, if the notes in question were written shortly after the meeting(s), and thus before Comey was fired, they would have considerably more weight than what may come of he said, he said testimony. I would expect Comey to have an executive secretary/clerk to keep track of his correspondence and notes on many issues, and especially those of a political nature.

By omission. Okay lied under oath four times. I lol foward to his public testimony as to why he saw fit to lie under oath four times as well, the acting FBI director needs to come back before congress and explain why he knows every agent at the FBI loves Comey and was sad to see him go, but why he lied when he commented that Comey never said one time Trump messed with his investigation at all.

Your examples of lack of credibility by the PRESS are quite different from what I was talking about--Trump vs. COMEY.

if you're not credible to me (aka, the press) where am i supposed to get unbiased information what trump is doing that is so wrong?

the press that at every turn demonizes him while falling over standards of fair play? can i count on them to give me fair and accurate news on trumps lies and confusion tactics?

i do struggle with this - so you tell me. where can i go to find unbiased information on how bad trump is?

and if it's true that since comey didn't report this "obstruction" right away he's guilty too - where does that put us? am i supposed to simply believe comey is being honest when he wrote down the notes?

Primary sources: Documentary evidence; Trump's live statements; the number and amount of journalists who attend his time at the dais and their reports and the contradictory statements of Trump's surrogates. I believe there is enough there there for an independent (non partisan) investigation of Trump, not only on the Russian Question, but on his finances, his fast and lose talk on matters of security, his firings, bulling journalists and on the constitutionality of his EO's.

ALL OF US.

sounds good - but handwritten notes i don't see how they can hold up in a court of law. what's to stop people from writing any note they want, true or not, and calling it evidence?

ALL OF US.

sounds good - but handwritten notes i don't see how they can hold up in a court of law. what's to stop people from writing any note they want, true or not, and calling it evidence?

Two things will stop an honest person, or one who is fearful of prison:
  • Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury
Now for the "breaking news": Putin is offering to turn over transcripts of Trump's talk with Russian Diplomats.
That is too funny - and yet I believe Trump's surrogates and Trump himself will accept these documents as evidence, and throw Comey under the bus once again.

Does anyone believe Putin and his diplomats will respond to a subpoena and testify under oath? Maybe, his diplomats have immunity.

This would make a very good movie, sadly it's real life and not a comedy of errors.

• Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury
Now for the "breaking news": Putin is offering to turn over transcripts of Trump's talk with Russian Diplomats.
That is too funny - and yet I believe Trump's surrogates and Trump himself will accept these documents as evidence, and throw Comey under the bus once again.

Does anyone believe Putin and his diplomats will respond to a subpoena and testify under oath? Maybe, his diplomats have immunity.

This would make a very good movie, sadly it's real life and not a comedy of errors.

yea, it's a huge "well look what they're doing, i can do it too" and all both sides keep doing is digging a deeper hole of questionable bullshit activities. hillary gets a walk, i'll do it to and dare you to come after me... that kinda stuff.

until some heads roll and people are behind bars on both sides, the law is pretty much meaningless.

ALL OF US.

• Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury

Politicians in this country don't worry too much about the law any more, if they ever did. Too easy to dispose of any evidence, nobody will testify against you without sacrificing their career and it's tough to get a conviction in a court of law. And Putin is just screwing with us, laughing at us IMHO.

Once the memo - if it exists - is produced, Trump is gone.

Care to wager your user account on that? Apparently the memo exists, but it's not as portrayed by the left.

HUH??:!! Your last sentence is ridiculous. Care to rephrase?
[if you don't know of its existence, how can you assert what's in it, is not as portrayed by others?]

ALL OF US.

• Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury

Politicians in this country don't worry too much about the law any more, if they ever did. Too easy to dispose of any evidence, nobody will testify against you without sacrificing their career and it's tough to get a conviction in a court of law. And Putin is just screwing with us, laughing at us IMHO.

I agree with your final comment on Putin, the rest is fatuous.

Care to wager your user account on that? Apparently the memo exists, but it's not as portrayed by the left.

[if you don't know of its existence, how can you assert what's in it, is not as portrayed by others?]

It's simple. Supposedly the memo says "I hope you can let this go". Good luck impeaching Trump for that. Again, care to wager your user account on this? If Trump is impeached for this I'm gone. If not, you are.

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!

It's simple. Supposedly the memo says "I hope you can let this go". Good luck impeaching Trump for that. Again, care to wager your user account on this? If Trump is impeached for this I'm gone. If not, you are.

No, I'm not going anywhere. Obviously you've never been in an executive position, I have.

The first thing I learned from my mentor, the man who ran IA before I did, was to interview & record everyone involved first, review the records, and interview everyone a second time, as well as those whose names came up during the first round. Only then decide where the evidence has taken me.

ALL OF US.

• Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury

• "Obstruction of Justice"

Can you imagine????

A US President attempting to obstruct justice?????

"Obama says Clinton didn’t harm national security with private email server"
Obama says Hillary Clinton didn’t harm national security with private email server

"Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary’s Private Email Server; ‘A Mistake’ That Gets ‘Blown Up’"
Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary's Private Email Server; 'A Mistake' That Gets 'Blown Up'

"CHRIS WALLACE: In October, you were prepared to say you were prepared to say she hadn't jeopardized. And the question is, can you still say that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized America’s national security.

WALLACE: Can you guarantee to the American people, can you direct the Justice Department to say, Hillary Clinton will be treated as the evidence goes, she will not be, in any way, protected?

OBAMA: I can guarantee that. I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case. Full stop. Period.

[END VIDEO]

HEGSETH: Bret, he went on to say that there's classified and then there's classified. Is the president setting the table here? Is he already meddling?"
After Obama Says He Is Not Influencing Email Investigation, Conservative Media Claim President Is “Tipping The Scale” For Clinton

"OBAMA EFFECTIVELY PARDONS HILLARY"
Obama effectively pardons Hillary

"EX-DOJ OFFICIAL: OBAMA SIGNALING FBI TO BACK OFF HILLARY"
Ex-DOJ official: Obama signaling FBI to back off Hillary

Soooo.....wadda ya' say, you dunce.....Obama putting his thumb on the scales of justice?
Can you spell o-b-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n?

Why does Trump keep protecting Flynn?

They weren't childhood buddies. In fact, they might even have met through their mutual Russian connections.

Why does Trump keep protecting Flynn?

They weren't childhood buddies. In fact, they might even have met through their mutual Russian connections.

Hey, dope....didn't you get the memo?

The 'Russian Collusion' meme is passé.

On to 'Impeachment Now!'....get that placard made!

Forum List

Back