NY Times says that Trump asked Comey to stop Flynn investigation. But why are all sources anonymous?

sounds good - but handwritten notes i don't see how they can hold up in a court of law. what's to stop people from writing any note they want, true or not, and calling it evidence?

Two things will stop an honest person, or one who is fearful of prison:
  • Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury
Now for the "breaking news": Putin is offering to turn over transcripts of Trump's talk with Russian Diplomats.
That is too funny - and yet I believe Trump's surrogates and Trump himself will accept these documents as evidence, and throw Comey under the bus once again.

Does anyone believe Putin and his diplomats will respond to a subpoena and testify under oath? Maybe, his diplomats have immunity.

This would make a very good movie, sadly it's real life and not a comedy of errors.

• "Obstruction of Justice"

Can you imagine????

A US President attempting to obstruct justice?????

"Obama says Clinton didn’t harm national security with private email server"
Obama says Hillary Clinton didn’t harm national security with private email server

"Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary’s Private Email Server; ‘A Mistake’ That Gets ‘Blown Up’"
Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary's Private Email Server; 'A Mistake' That Gets 'Blown Up'

"CHRIS WALLACE: In October, you were prepared to say you were prepared to say she hadn't jeopardized. And the question is, can you still say that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized America’s national security.

WALLACE: Can you guarantee to the American people, can you direct the Justice Department to say, Hillary Clinton will be treated as the evidence goes, she will not be, in any way, protected?

OBAMA: I can guarantee that. I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case. Full stop. Period.

[END VIDEO]

HEGSETH: Bret, he went on to say that there's classified and then there's classified. Is the president setting the table here? Is he already meddling?"
After Obama Says He Is Not Influencing Email Investigation, Conservative Media Claim President Is “Tipping The Scale” For Clinton

"OBAMA EFFECTIVELY PARDONS HILLARY"
Obama effectively pardons Hillary

"EX-DOJ OFFICIAL: OBAMA SIGNALING FBI TO BACK OFF HILLARY"
Ex-DOJ official: Obama signaling FBI to back off Hillary

Soooo.....wadda ya' say, you dunce.....Obama putting his thumb on the scales of justice?
Can you spell o-b-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n?
How is obama stating what he believes in an interview obstructing justice? If you believe that is a crime then what do you think of the president having a private meeting with the director of the FBI to influence him to back off an investigation. You must be furious at Trump if your upset at Obama, right?

Obama says Hillary Clinton didn’t harm national security with private email server

"Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary’s Private Email Server; ‘A Mistake’ That Gets ‘Blown Up’"
Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary's Private Email Server; 'A Mistake' That Gets 'Blown Up'

"CHRIS WALLACE: In October, you were prepared to say you were prepared to say she hadn't jeopardized. And the question is, can you still say that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized America’s national security.

WALLACE: Can you guarantee to the American people, can you direct the Justice Department to say, Hillary Clinton will be treated as the evidence goes, she will not be, in any way, protected?

OBAMA: I can guarantee that. I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case. Full stop. Period.

[END VIDEO]

HEGSETH: Bret, he went on to say that there's classified and then there's classified. Is the president setting the table here? Is he already meddling?"
After Obama Says He Is Not Influencing Email Investigation, Conservative Media Claim President Is “Tipping The Scale” For Clinton

Were you enraged about Obama obstructing justice?
Is your record skipping? I just addressed that and you copy and pasted your old statement. Sober up please

You needed a repeat, ....the same reason you didn't do well in school.

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!
Trumps comment was inappropriate but not an order and not a direct obstruction of justice. I don't believe Comey has claimed that it was and this didn't have a responsibility to report it.

The case for obstruction is not very strong but it does exist when all factors are considered

That can be said about allot of things. This is nothing more then character assassination. To say there is anything more is just not true.
Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?

If you objected to Bills meeting with Lynch you shouldn't be saying what you're saying right now. Makes you a complete hypocrite

If there was such an attempt by Trump, Comey was obligated to report it to DoJ.

He didn't.

There wasn't.
I already addressed that too. Try and keep up

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!
Trumps comment was inappropriate but not an order and not a direct obstruction of justice. I don't believe Comey has claimed that it was and this didn't have a responsibility to report it.

The case for obstruction is not very strong but it does exist when all factors are considered

That can be said about allot of things. This is nothing more then character assassination. To say there is anything more is just not true.
Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?

If you objected to Bills meeting with Lynch you shouldn't be saying what you're saying right now. Makes you a complete hypocrite

He didn't.

There wasn't.

Hmm. I came to the same conclusion. Yay Trump/Pence 2020 whoohoo.

"Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?"

He did.
What did he do and were you cool with it?

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

He didn't.

There wasn't.

Actually, you ignored it.

Need a dictionary?

In fact, nearly every report purporting to make Trump look bad on any subject, comes from hard-left newspapers, and most have only anonymous sources. So there's nobody investigators can put on the stand and question about what they saw and heard.

How convenient.

BTW, how are the Democrats doing in finding the people in Russia who hacked our election? Any sources we can question? Any descriptions of which people they influenced, so we can question them?

Well, what do you know. No names. No specific actions found, no evidence at all.

Seems to be an emerging pattern in all these "blockbuster" reports from Democrat sources.

BTW, Comey had a chance to testify before Congress. Why didn't he mention any such request from Trump to shut down any investigation? Didn't even bring up the memo this "report" now points to as their chief (and only) source.

And why don't any of the screeching, outraged Democrats display any curiosity about these questions?
fairytale land.

"Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?"

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

Wow, you really got nothing more in the tank than this?

Nobody accused Trump of doing anything inappropriate when he called Flynn a good guy who did nothing illegal after he fired him. That was his opinion and a public statement and it was fine. It's the same that obama was doing for Clinton.

now if Trump asked for a private meeting to ask Comey to back off the Flynn investigation, and then proceeded to fire him for persisting in the investigation, well he is definitely acting inappropriately and flirting with obstruction. Don't see how you can deny that

Notes are Documentary Evidence. It is up to the trier of facts to determine their value. Keep in mind, nearly every person indicted pleads not guilty, and the burden of proof is on the prosecution. One factor the judge, or a jury, will consider is the veracity of the accuser and the accused.

Comey spoke out of school IMO when he gave his personal opinion about HRC, and did not limit his address to the nation on the legal decision why she was not indicted. There was no lie there, it was his personal opinion. The legal opinion was based on the work of others who concluded no crime had been committed.

Consider this, if the notes in question were written shortly after the meeting(s), and thus before Comey was fired, they would have considerably more weight than what may come of he said, he said testimony. I would expect Comey to have an executive secretary/clerk to keep track of his correspondence and notes on many issues, and especially those of a political nature.

sounds good - but handwritten notes i don't see how they can hold up in a court of law. what's to stop people from writing any note they want, true or not, and calling it evidence?

Two things will stop an honest person, or one who is fearful of prison:
  • Obstruction of Justice
  • Perjury
Now for the "breaking news": Putin is offering to turn over transcripts of Trump's talk with Russian Diplomats.
That is too funny - and yet I believe Trump's surrogates and Trump himself will accept these documents as evidence, and throw Comey under the bus once again.

Does anyone believe Putin and his diplomats will respond to a subpoena and testify under oath? Maybe, his diplomats have immunity.

This would make a very good movie, sadly it's real life and not a comedy of errors.

• "Obstruction of Justice"

Can you imagine????

[END VIDEO]

Soooo.....wadda ya' say, you dunce.....Obama putting his thumb on the scales of justice?
Can you spell o-b-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n?
How is obama stating what he believes in an interview obstructing justice? If you believe that is a crime then what do you think of the president having a private meeting with the director of the FBI to influence him to back off an investigation. You must be furious at Trump if your upset at Obama, right?

Except that diddnt happen. Comey said so 4 times under oath and his replacement said the same last week.

I know you don't expect the lock-step Liberals to accept facts.....

They live by this Liberal mantra:
What was new with the Thomas nomination was the accusation of criminal wrongdoing on his part, namely the unproved sexual harassment claims of one Anita Hill.

Even though Ms. Hill couldn't prove her accusation, that didn't matter. Thus, a new mantra for the Left was born:

Thus, a new mantra for the Left was born:" “The nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it’s the seriousness of the charge that matters.”
Tom Foley, Democrat, Former Speaker of the House.

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

Nobody accused Trump of doing anything inappropriate when he called Flynn a good guy who did nothing illegal after he fired him. That was his opinion and a public statement and it was fine. It's the same that obama was doing for Clinton.

now if Trump asked for a private meeting to ask Comey to back off the Flynn investigation, and then proceeded to fire him for persisting in the investigation, well he is definitely acting inappropriately and flirting with obstruction. Don't see how you can deny that
unless it never happened. you got evidence other than the NYT? it's a rhetorical question.

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

I post facts, Leftists attempt to spin.

Spin…altering the truth without altering the facts.

A lie which has somehow been legitimized by an uneducated public. See newspeak, doublespeak

Public relations term, referring to slightly altering facts to portray a desired version of a story.

You're a government school grad, huh?

He didn't.

There wasn't.

Need a dictionary?
How did I ignore it? I answered it pretty damn directly. Did you not understand?

if Trump actually asked Comey to back off the investigation AND Comey, in turn failed to report that to Congress, then Comey should be in even more trouble himself

bottom line - this is yet more BS & a continuation of the constant attacks on Trump
everyday. it is the objective if all of my conservative pals hopefully understand. BS after BS after BS clutter up the news and everything else with BS. the scam is publicly out now though.

In fact, nearly every report purporting to make Trump look bad on any subject, comes from hard-left newspapers, and most have only anonymous sources. So there's nobody investigators can put on the stand and question about what they saw and heard.

How convenient.

BTW, how are the Democrats doing in finding the people in Russia who hacked our election? Any sources we can question? Any descriptions of which people they influenced, so we can question them?

Well, what do you know. No names. No specific actions found, no evidence at all.

Seems to be an emerging pattern in all these "blockbuster" reports from Democrat sources.

BTW, Comey had a chance to testify before Congress. Why didn't he mention any such request from Trump to shut down any investigation? Didn't even bring up the memo this "report" now points to as their chief (and only) source.

And why don't any of the screeching, outraged Democrats display any curiosity about these questions?

Google "Deep Throat" and Watergate and you might learn a few things about how investigative reporting works.

He didn't.

There wasn't.

Need a dictionary?
How did I ignore it? I answered it pretty damn directly. Did you not understand?
so why is it being reported? and how the fk do you know any of that. hahahahahahaha dude, the fake shit you all post is fking hilarious.

He didn't.

There wasn't.

Need a dictionary?

No, you tried to claim that there is nothing wrong with Obama doing so to save Bill's wife's bacon.

The Left's fable today is that is is obstruction, and its on to impeachment.

I proved that the same scenario applied to Obama.

Are we done?

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

This is the part you are missing. This memo at (at this point at least) can not even be proven to exist. No person making any accusation or offering commentaries on TV have even seen it or even met this mysterious third party who allegedly saw it and to my knowledge Comey him self has not commented either. All their is is allegations. That's all. Then the investigation that was going on since July has not produced ANY leads pointing to collusion between Donald Trump and Russia. Not one piece of paper, no video nothing at all.

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

unless it never happened. you got evidence other than the NYT? it's a rhetorical question.
I'm not claiming it happened for sure. We are all just pigeons being fed bread crumbs. But we have a situation where it is Trumps word vs Comeys word. And when looking at the track record for honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness for both men, it is a no brainer who I believe who is telling the truth. We shall see

well maybe it would have been better to meet in secret on a tarmac and talk about golf and their kids.

Forum List

Back