NY Times says that Trump asked Comey to stop Flynn investigation. But why are all sources anonymous?

Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?

If you objected to Bills meeting with Lynch you shouldn't be saying what you're saying right now. Makes you a complete hypocrite

"Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?"

He did.
What did he do and were you cool with it?

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

A US President attempting to obstruct justice?????

"Obama says Clinton didnā€™t harm national security with private email server"
Obama says Hillary Clinton didnā€™t harm national security with private email server

"Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillaryā€™s Private Email Server; ā€˜A Mistakeā€™ That Gets ā€˜Blown Upā€™"
Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary's Private Email Server; 'A Mistake' That Gets 'Blown Up'

"CHRIS WALLACE: In October, you were prepared to say you were prepared to say she hadn't jeopardized. And the question is, can you still say that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized Americaā€™s national security.

WALLACE: Can you guarantee to the American people, can you direct the Justice Department to say, Hillary Clinton will be treated as the evidence goes, she will not be, in any way, protected?

OBAMA: I can guarantee that. I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case. Full stop. Period.

[END VIDEO]

HEGSETH: Bret, he went on to say that there's classified and then there's classified. Is the president setting the table here? Is he already meddling?"
After Obama Says He Is Not Influencing Email Investigation, Conservative Media Claim President Is ā€œTipping The Scaleā€ For Clinton

"OBAMA EFFECTIVELY PARDONS HILLARY"
Obama effectively pardons Hillary

"EX-DOJ OFFICIAL: OBAMA SIGNALING FBI TO BACK OFF HILLARY"
Ex-DOJ official: Obama signaling FBI to back off Hillary

Were you enraged about Obama obstructing justice?
Wow, you really got nothing more in the tank than this?

Nobody accused Trump of doing anything inappropriate when he called Flynn a good guy who did nothing illegal after he fired him. That was his opinion and a public statement and it was fine. It's the same that obama was doing for Clinton.

now if Trump asked for a private meeting to ask Comey to back off the Flynn investigation, and then proceeded to fire him for persisting in the investigation, well he is definitely acting inappropriately and flirting with obstruction. Don't see how you can deny that

I post facts, Leftists attempt to spin.

Spinā€¦altering the truth without altering the facts.

A lie which has somehow been legitimized by an uneducated public. See newspeak, doublespeak

Public relations term, referring to slightly altering facts to portray a desired version of a story.

You're a government school grad, huh?
That I am... a proud Gaucho. One who can give direct answers and present coherent arguements. Not sure where you learned those amazing copy and paste skills but they aren't effective when it's all you got

"Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?"

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

Obama says Hillary Clinton didnā€™t harm national security with private email server

"Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillaryā€™s Private Email Server; ā€˜A Mistakeā€™ That Gets ā€˜Blown Upā€™"
Obama Whines About Criticism Of Hillary's Private Email Server; 'A Mistake' That Gets 'Blown Up'

"CHRIS WALLACE: In October, you were prepared to say you were prepared to say she hadn't jeopardized. And the question is, can you still say that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized Americaā€™s national security.

WALLACE: Can you guarantee to the American people, can you direct the Justice Department to say, Hillary Clinton will be treated as the evidence goes, she will not be, in any way, protected?

OBAMA: I can guarantee that. I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case, but in any case. Full stop. Period.

[END VIDEO]

HEGSETH: Bret, he went on to say that there's classified and then there's classified. Is the president setting the table here? Is he already meddling?"
After Obama Says He Is Not Influencing Email Investigation, Conservative Media Claim President Is ā€œTipping The Scaleā€ For Clinton

Nobody accused Trump of doing anything inappropriate when he called Flynn a good guy who did nothing illegal after he fired him. That was his opinion and a public statement and it was fine. It's the same that obama was doing for Clinton.

now if Trump asked for a private meeting to ask Comey to back off the Flynn investigation, and then proceeded to fire him for persisting in the investigation, well he is definitely acting inappropriately and flirting with obstruction. Don't see how you can deny that
unless it never happened. you got evidence other than the NYT? it's a rhetorical question.
I'm not claiming it happened for sure. We are all just pigeons being fed bread crumbs. But we have a situation where it is Trumps word vs Comeys word. And when looking at the track record for honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness for both men, it is a no brainer who I believe who is telling the truth. We shall see

Somehow, Comey wrote a memo about some offhand comment from Trump.....but...

"During testimony before Congress on Thursday, FBI Director James Comey stated that the FBIā€™s interview with presumptive Democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not under oath or recorded, but it still would be a crime to lie to the FBI.

Comey stated that he did not personally interview Clinton, and did not talk to all of the ā€œfive or sixā€ who did interview Clinton.

He was then asked, ā€œdid she testify or talk to them under oath?ā€ Comey answered, ā€œNo.ā€ But added that ā€œitā€™s still a crime to lie to us.ā€

When asked if there was a transcript of the interview, Comey stated that there wasnā€™t one because the interview wasnā€™t recorded, but there was an analysis of Clintonā€™s interview."
Comey: Hillary's FBI Testimony Wasn't Under Oath Or Recorded, But It Would Still Be a Crime To Lie - Breitbart

Really? You don't think there is anything inappropriate going on? You would have been cool with Obama doing this with Comey regarding the Clinton investigation?

If you objected to Bills meeting with Lynch you shouldn't be saying what you're saying right now. Makes you a complete hypocrite

If there was such an attempt by Trump, Comey was obligated to report it to DoJ.

He didn't.

There wasn't.
I already addressed that too. Try and keep up

Actually, you ignored it.

Need a dictionary?
How did I ignore it? I answered it pretty damn directly. Did you not understand?
Trumps comment was inappropriate but not an order and not a direct obstruction of justice. I don't believe Comey has claimed that it was and this didn't have a responsibility to report it.
so why is it being reported? and how the fk do you know any of that. hahahahahahaha dude, the fake shit you all post is fking hilarious.
Why is it being reported? Simple, media feeding frenzy... Comey got burned and is now exposing Trumps dirt. Though it may not be illegal, it definitely jirta him politically.

What did I post that was fake?

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

A lie which has somehow been legitimized by an uneducated public. See newspeak, doublespeak

Public relations term, referring to slightly altering facts to portray a desired version of a story.

That I am... a proud Gaucho. One who can give direct answers and present coherent arguements. Not sure where you learned those amazing copy and paste skills but they aren't effective when it's all you got

What is this....the fourth...fifth time???

You must be an idiot, huh?

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!
Trumps comment was inappropriate but not an order and not a direct obstruction of justice. I don't believe Comey has claimed that it was and this didn't have a responsibility to report it.

The case for obstruction is not very strong but it does exist when all factors are considered

That can be said about allot of things. This is nothing more then character assassination. To say there is anything more is just not true.

bill and lynch met in secret in separate planes on a tarmac they thought no one could see.

where did trump and comey meet again? or are you saying they did the whole "hide in plain site" thing?

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

This is the part you are missing. This memo at (at this point at least) can not even be proven to exist. No person making any accusation or offering commentaries on TV have even seen it or even met this mysterious third party who allegedly saw it and to my knowledge Comey him self has not commented either. All their is is allegations. That's all. Then the investigation that was going on since July has not produced ANY leads pointing to collusion between Donald Trump and Russia. Not one piece of paper, no video nothing at all.
Youre right, the memo hasn't been verified. We are speculating the "what ifs" should it be true. We will see what's up after Comey comes forward.

Your collusion arguement is lame. Evidence wouldn't be presented in the middle of an investigation. But you're right, there could be absolutely nothing at the end of the investigation. We shall see

If there was such an attempt by Trump, Comey was obligated to report it to DoJ.

He didn't.

There wasn't.
I already addressed that too. Try and keep up

Actually, you ignored it.

Need a dictionary?
How did I ignore it? I answered it pretty damn directly. Did you not understand?

No, you tried to claim that there is nothing wrong with Obama doing so to save Bill's wife's bacon.

The Left's fable today is that is is obstruction, and its on to impeachment.

I proved that the same scenario applied to Obama.

Are we done?
I think you're done. If your mad at obama then you have to be mad at trump for doing the same thing. Since you stick up for Trump and condemn obama your hypocrisy is shown.

I dont think there is anything wrong with obama or trumps public statements. I do have a problem with what Trump is accused of doing behind closed doors. Obama, as far as I know, was never accused of these behind the scenes actions with the head investigator

See suggesting someone let some thing "go" is nothing like ordering someone to stop something
I know you libs are in another emotional froth to have it be so but it is not

Then we have the all important unknown and unprovided "memo" that was so dat gum important that it was filed for months with hundreds of other equally unimportant memos

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

This is the part you are missing. This memo at (at this point at least) can not even be proven to exist. No person making any accusation or offering commentaries on TV have even seen it or even met this mysterious third party who allegedly saw it and to my knowledge Comey him self has not commented either. All their is is allegations. That's all. Then the investigation that was going on since July has not produced ANY leads pointing to collusion between Donald Trump and Russia. Not one piece of paper, no video nothing at all.
Youre right, the memo hasn't been verified. We are speculating the "what ifs" should it be true. We will see what's up after Comey comes forward.

Your collusion arguement is lame. Evidence wouldn't be presented in the middle of an investigation. But you're right, there could be absolutely nothing at the end of the investigation. We shall see

If the collusion argument is lame pleas point to,

1. Any criminal investigation of any one person in Trumps Campaigne or whitehouse staff.

2. Any evidence of attempts by Trump or his people to jam up the intelligence investigations. So far y'all at zip on that one.

So far the investigation has amounted to a huge nothing sandwhich. Your attempt to hang on to anconspracy theory is even more lame and just flat lazy. Think for your self one time. You will like it better gen the 24/7 news cycle tell you what you need to think.

well maybe it would have been better to meet in secret on a tarmac and talk about golf and their kids.
Thank you! If you had a problem with Bill then you should have a problem with Trump! Bills meeting was inappropriate and Lynch recused herself as a result. Trumps meeting was inappropriate if true... what should his consequence be?

well maybe it would have been better to meet in secret on a tarmac and talk about golf and their kids.
Thank you! If you had a problem with Bill then you should have a problem with Trump! Bills meeting was inappropriate and Lynch recused herself as a result. Trumps meeting was inappropriate if true... what should his consequence be?
it would be if it was in secret. far as i know it was dinner in the usual places, was it not?

you're comparing a "let's hide over here" meeting to a "hey come to the whitehouse and let's talk" one. not to say what they talked about was appropriate - but the whole tarmac thing was bullshit and excusing herself to let her clone step in was pretty pointless.

so the meeting was inappropriate - but was comey meeting with trump also inappropriate? hidden?

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

What is this....the fourth...fifth time???

You must be an idiot, huh?
I guess so... why don't you explain to be what exactly obama did and how it compares to Trumps private meeting with Comey

I guess so... why don't you explain to be what exactly obama did and how it compares to Trumps private meeting with Comey

from the NYT:
The New York Times reported that Trump made the request during a February Oval Office meeting.

how private is an oval office meeting? did he sneak comey in through the tunnels? window? put a mask or fake nose?

Comey has committed 'Obstruction of Justice' plain and simple. He should have reported Trump's alleged request about Flynn back on Feb 14. Under the law Comey is required to inform the Dept of Justice of any attempts to Obstruct Justice. He didn't!

The case for obstruction is not very strong but it does exist when all factors are considered

That can be said about allot of things. This is nothing more then character assassination. To say there is anything more is just not true.

bill and lynch met in secret in separate planes on a tarmac they thought no one could see.

where did trump and comey meet again? or are you saying they did the whole "hide in plain site" thing?
Oval Office, trump had the room cleared and is accused of tElling Comey to back off when they were one on one. You cool with that?

Oval Office, trump had the room cleared and is accused of tElling Comey to back off when they were one on one. You cool with that?
let's not get ahead of ourselves -

are you comparing a secret tarmac meeting to be on par with a public oval office one where according to you he cleared the room first?

kinda freaking hard to hide the meeting itself if you kicked everyone out of the meeting isn't it?

there is no connection to these meetings in how they were setup. none. as for the content of the meetings, well we don't know what clinton and lynch talked about. we were told kids and golf. believe it?

we know what trump and comey talked about.

again - where's the connection naturally? you seem to be forcing it to fit your views.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

If the collusion argument is lame pleas point to,

1. Any criminal investigation of any one person in Trumps Campaigne or whitehouse staff.

2. Any evidence of attempts by Trump or his people to jam up the intelligence investigations. So far y'all at zip on that one.

So far the investigation has amounted to a huge nothing sandwhich. Your attempt to hang on to anconspracy theory is even more lame and just flat lazy. Think for your self one time. You will like it better gen the 24/7 news cycle tell you what you need to think.
You wouldn't know what the investigation has amounted to because you are not privy to the details of whats being investigated. The FBI does not make that stuff public as they find it and they do not release results of an investigation until they are 100% sure of the findings. They could have a lot and they could have very little. They obviously have enough to keep this thing going for almost a year now. Other than that we know nothing.

And no one has come out and said that excep for this secret memo Comey wrote. That's also a complete 180 from what I heard. I was under the impression Trump asked over dinner. Still, that's not to good for Comey because as an officer of the court and director of the FBI it was his suits to take that inappropriate behavior as well as his notes and memos to the powers that be. Why diddnt he do that?

it would be if it was in secret. far as i know it was dinner in the usual places, was it not?

you're comparing a "let's hide over here" meeting to a "hey come to the whitehouse and let's talk" one. not to say what they talked about was appropriate - but the whole tarmac thing was bullshit and excusing herself to let her clone step in was pretty pointless.

so the meeting was inappropriate - but was comey meeting with trump also inappropriate? hidden?
I'm also comparing a husband meeting with the head prosecutor to the active president, the boss, meeting with the head investigator.

It wasn't the dinner meeting... That one was when Trump asked if HE was being investigated and asked for Comey's loyalty. What we are talking about was an oval office meeting with Comey, Pence, Trump and I believe a few others. After the meeting Trumped asked everybody but Comey to leave the room and then he asked Comey to back off the Flynn investigation. It was supposedly detailed in Comeys memo which we have only gotten a peak at, so there is much more info to be revealed. Comey needs to come forward. But it isn't looking good for Trump

And no one has come out and said that excep for this secret memo Comey wrote. That's also a complete 180 from what I heard. I was under the impression Trump asked over dinner. Still, that's not to good for Comey because as an officer of the court and director of the FBI it was his suits to take that inappropriate behavior as well as his notes and memos to the powers that be. Why diddnt he do that?

cause we only get mad at trump. everyone else is excused as long as we slam trump.

i swear trying to have people put away their anti-trump binkies and pacifiers makes them cry like the kids they are. and if you do it, they're mad cause you're not hating on trump with them.

so insane.

He did.

Thrice???

You must be a moron.

OK....stop begging:

[END VIDEO]

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back