NYPD Chief Kills Himself Just Days Before Retirement

It's not that strange. He had no wife or kids. His job was his entire life.

But who kills himself or herself before retiring??:dunno:
Above average iq person who is unhappy and discouraged, may feel isolated. Cops don't get a lot of love for what they do. :(

It sounds to me like they pushed him into retiring when he didn't want to. Who asks for a promotion three years before they plan to retire after 38 years on the job?

We shall see.

Thing is....when a NYPD Chief kills himself out of the blue.....

It's always suspicious.

Above average iq person who is unhappy and discouraged, may feel isolated. Cops don't get a lot of love for what they do. :(

It sounds to me like they pushed him into retiring when he didn't want to. Who asks for a promotion three years before they plan to retire after 38 years on the job?

He didn't have a choice. He was a month from mandatory retirement age.

Anyway, who knows. Could be he just found out he had cancer or something and with no family and no job, he decided to check out.

I checked out jobs with the highest suicide rates. Cops are #9 in this report. 10 Jobs With the Highest Suicide Rates

The work of a police officer is attractive to many people, especially young children. But, the work of a police officer can be very dangerous and stressful. Cops are often required to work long hours with little rest. In addition, they often find themselves dealing with tense situations such as accidents, fires and murders. As a result, many police officers are likely to suffer from depression, which could lead them to commit suicide.​

'rip' , thoughts and prayers eh . But no sympathy from me as they volunteered for the job and then got good pay plus benefits . Also think that they get good early retirement but that doesn't apply in this case Beautress .

No wife, no kids, in his fifties.
He was probably homo and was about to be outed. No, that would have earned a promotion.
This is New York we're talking about. If he was "outed" as gay, people would put him on a pedestal. If he was outed as a conservative... Then he would have to worry.

Yea... Applying for retirement and a few days later shot in the head in his car? Not buying it.:45:

Seems the 911 link has limited information on this incident. I couldn't find a corroborating story from any other source. Maybe too new. I too wonder if his suicide wasn't assisted but I'm awaiting more info if anyone has other links.

So many rumors going around....I'm not saying it's this or that ....I am just letting people know what the feeling is obout this one....ok?

"Days away from retirement with a big pension, 39 years on the force, NYPD chief commits suicide. If anyone knew what was on Weiner's laptop, it was probably this guy. A message to other NYPD to keep their mouths shut?"

'rip' , thoughts and prayers eh . But no sympathy from me as they volunteered for the job and then got good pay plus benefits . Also think that they get good early retirement but that doesn't apply in this case Beautress .
I'm sticking by my guns. Cops don't get a lot of love for what they do. And they are in the top 9 of professions that have a high suicide rate. I knew cops were on the list from a course in psychology I took 36 years ago at Oregon State University. Most cops do not have as much misery in their heads as this guy had. Most of them who survive until retirement use their retirement to go places they've never been to, and take up hobbies they never had time for.

Sounds more like they pushed him out of a window.

Forum List

Back