NYPD Chief Kills Himself Just Days Before Retirement

Most people work all their lives so they can retire.

Vary strange he turned in his papers after 38 years and then killed himself.

Very strange indeed.

He did his job. When he was no longer necessary he removed himself. I can understand that.
I don't. Was there not something else that he could've done with his time?

God bless you and any family that he did have always!!!

Holly

What could drive someone to take their life like that?
It’s not like he couldn’t do some community service.

People commit suicide for many reasons. Maybe there was something else that is coming out that he didn't want to deal with?

Maybe it was actually a murder, just made to look like a suicide?

I'm sure this matter will be investigated thoroughly.

What could drive someone to take their life like that?
It’s not like he couldn’t do some community service.

People commit suicide for many reasons. Maybe there was something else that is coming out that he didn't want to deal with?

Maybe it was actually a murder, just made to look like a suicide?

I'm sure this matter will be investigated thoroughly.
I hope so.

There's a difference between a career person and a lifer. A lifer has real trouble finding a reason to live after they retire....and frequently die within 5 years of retirement from suicide or lack of caring....we see this a lot with the military and first responders.....but please, don't let that get in the way of a good CRC conspiracy game.

There's a difference between a career person and a lifer. A lifer has real trouble finding a reason to live after they retire....and frequently die within 5 years of retirement from suicide or lack of caring....we see this a lot with the military and first responders.....but please, don't let that get in the way of a good CRC conspiracy game.
I don't know what a CRC is. But all government employees are like vampires with the pension thing. An issue had to be part of the equation.

Maybe he has dirt on President Trump! :eek:

A lot of silly speculation going on in this thread.

It's not that strange. He had no wife or kids. His job was his entire life.

But who kills himself or herself before retiring??:dunno:
Many folks do in the 50's..Many can't handle the loss of the ability to work.

I don't agree.

That's when they will enjoy life and relax!
It's not just work . It's a lack of purpose that drives many to end their own lives.

And think about being a cop for years and years

All you see is the shit end of the stick day in and day out. Dealing with the dregs of society for that long will depress anyone

It's not that strange. He had no wife or kids. His job was his entire life.

But who kills himself or herself before retiring??:dunno:
Many folks do in the 50's..Many can't handle the loss of the ability to work.

I don't agree.

That's when they will enjoy life and relax!
It's not just work . It's a lack of purpose that drives many to end their own lives.

And think about being a cop for years and years

All you see is the shit end of the stick day in and day out. Dealing with the dregs of society for that long will depress anyone
My problem with being a cop is enforcing laws I don't believe in.

He did his job. When he was no longer necessary he removed himself. I can understand that.
I don't. Was there not something else that he could've done with his time?

God bless you and any family that he did have always!!!

Holly

Maybe he was just a very single-minded person. He had no wife or kids, and worked the same job for 38 years. Maybe he had no other hobbies. Just went home, went to sleep, and woke up the next day for work. :dunno:

Most people work all their lives so they can retire.

Vary strange he turned in his papers after 38 years and then killed himself.

Very strange indeed.

There are a lot of people in this world who live to work. Everybody knows that guys that works constantly, and never takes a day off. Never understood it myself. Why make all that money when you have no time to spend it?

He likely would have had a great pension. Likely just couldn't deal with ending a career where he likely had a lot of power and respect.

He likely would have had a great pension. Likely just couldn't deal with ending a career where he likely had a lot of power and respect.

Power, yes. Respect? I hate to speak ill of the dead, but this guy's starting to sound like a horse's ass. If his bosses wouldn't give him a promotion after 35 years of service there's something about this dude we don't know. :dunno:

EDIT: I could be completely wrong. He could have been a great guy. Something about the story sounds weird though.

Forum List

Back