NYPD now req'd to use "calming phrases" and "appeal to rational mind" of psychotic criminals

What does Barney Fife have to do with this?
Racist. You are and always will be.
How does this help you?
I don't need your friggin help.
I never offered my help. I'm asking you how does your proclamation help you? Does it make you feel peaceful? Does it help to deflect from you being a racist? What benefit are you getting?
You are a big assed racist.
Yeah I recall you saying that before. Are you trying to convince me or are you hyperventilating on the internet?

Racist. You are and always will be.
How does this help you?
I never offered my help. I'm asking you how does your proclamation help you? Does it make you feel peaceful? Does it help to deflect from you being a racist? What benefit are you getting?
Yeah I recall you saying that before. Are you trying to convince me or are you hyperventilating on the internet?
Go find someone else to convert with, I don't like you. You are a racist pig.

How does this help you?
I wasnt trying to convert you. If you dont like me then dont talk to me.

I won't.

If no crime has occurred.....what authority does a cop have to "stop it"??? You lefties whine about cops not overstepping their authority.

I agree. And if no crime has occurred....they shouldn't be there.

Cops shouldn't be getting called in to be family counselors.

And luckily.....MY WAY is starting to overtake most police departments. They are more and more going into the "Professional Policing" bunker mentality and letting people sort out arguments and mental illness on their own. Showing up quickly only when a crime has occurred to enforce.

Good. That's their job and authority begins and ends with the commission of a crime.
Do you have any concept what a cop does for a living?

Not all calls lead to an arrest.....that is a good thing

Yes I do. Cops enforce broken laws. That is their ONLY authority. Laws on the books. That's it.

Arguments? No.
Rude neighbors? No.
Counselors? No.

Do some do it? Yes. And it's stupid. It's why community policing is a failing model of policing. When police brass try to make their officers the answer to EVERYTHING in an effort to solve everyone's complaints.....they also make the uniform the scapegoat and easy target to blame when the inevitable failure of the solution comes.

If the situation can't be resolved any other way.....sending an armed man in uniform who has NO AUTHORITY outside of a broken law....isn't going to fix it. It's only gonna bring scrutiny on the man in the uniform.

But....as I said....most PDs are adjusting to my way of thinking so the problem will change.
So you don't understand what a peace officer does

Apparently not. Please explain what a "Peace Officers" job is? HIS DUTY.

Because I can assure you this. He ONLY has authority if a law is broken. Outside of that....he has no more authority than a janitor.
Keep the peace

It doesn't always involve busting heads

HOW??? To "keep the peace" that means there is violence (crime) to stop. As I said....their job.

You're saying they have other obligations than law enforcement. Ok. What are those?

I won't.
Youre going to have to do better than that to convince me.

This is a war. One side uses the mentally ill and psychotic as pawns or weapons.

Do you really believe that the families and neighbors of these nut cases care whether they live or die? No. At worst they are relieved of the burden or danger. At best, they can use that death to shake someone down for money. It's better than winning the lotto.

Michael Brown's payday is still flowing. Freddy Gray was nothing but a heroin addict whose future was to be dead in an alley. Instead his family got 6.5 million dollars. You know momma was thanking God that junkie died in a cop van.

Leave these people to live or die on their own.

Lieberman said she hoped the NYPD would go further and catalog incidents where cops forced people to put their hands against cars or buildings.

That type of force is not reflected in the new guidelines, but it could be added to the list of force incidents if the subject sustains an injury, according to Ward.

The city’s largest police union blasted the new policy Thursday.

"No amount of new training or additional paperwork will make necessary force that is lawful and properly used by police officers acceptable to those who want to return to the hands-off, reactive policing strategies that sent crime soaring in the past,” Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch said in a statement. “More paperwork coupled with a serious shortage of police officers and the continual second-guessing of their actions is a formula for disaster.”

And, Jesus wept!
The police union blasted the new policy?

I thought unions were the last word on all matters.

Why are libs not listening to the police unions opinions on this?

You know... The "experts".

Hmmmm?

The cops should go full on Ferguson.

Well....they are. In large numbers. It's why murder rates are soaring.

This is the climate that led us to the 80s and 90s mass crime chaos...New Jack City style.

It's coming back.

Forum List

Back