NYT op-ed: 'The Dems Are Delighted. But a Coup Is Still a Coup'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Going forward, is this the way we will be handling our elections, where if the candidate who has already banked enough delegates, is pushed aside when polls show that candidate is likely to lose?
This really should send chills down our spines, but it definitely won't.
'Et tu, Nancy' is spot on!

We head to Chicago on a wave of euphoria, exuberance, exultation, excitement and even, you might say, ecstasy.
It’s going to be a glorious coronation — except that everyone’s mad at one another.
Top Democrats are bristling with resentments even as they are about to try to put on a united front at the United Center in the Windy City.
A coterie of powerful Democrats maneuvered behind the scenes to push an incumbent president out of the race.
It wasn’t exactly “Julius Caesar” in Rehoboth Beach. But it was a tectonic shift and, of course, there were going to be serious reverberations. Even though it was the right thing to do, because Joe Biden was not going to be able to campaign, much less serve as president for another four years, in a fully vital way, it was a jaw-dropping putsch.

8xgvxc.jpg

I have convinced two of my (black) family members not to vote for Harris. We're in Illinois however, so I guess it won't make much difference. But still.

The good news is that I was talking with two other family members at our family reunion last weekend. They are also voting for Trump. They both live in Wisconsin, so that might make a difference. Fingers crossed. 🤞:)

Going forward, is this the way we will be handling our elections, where if the candidate who has already banked enough delegates, is pushed aside when polls show that candidate is likely to lose?
Funny.

I'm not sure you have read and comprehended what she is saying. But okay.

This even fails to be viewed as spin. It's your ignorance on public display.

You Republicans can stop whining. Because all during the Biden candidacy, you were taking about Harris like she was a chump. So now that she is kicking Trumps ass you want to cry about some fake ass coup.

Last edited:
Who says they won’t do it again? If Harris bombs at the debate - you know, when she has to think for herself - are the Dems going to force her out and put in another Female Black?

Politics is not for pussies

Some things are bitter-sweet. But make no mistake about it -- the Democrats are 100% behind Harris/Walz.

“We were banking on him having four more years doing this,” said Rabbi Michael Beals — sometimes called “Biden’s rabbi” because of their longstanding relationship. He predicted tears.

Asked whether he thought Mr. Biden had been treated unfairly by his party, Mr. Beals responded by noting that a Shakespeare festival in Delaware this summer put on the play “Julius Caesar.”

“There’s this scene with, ‘Et tu, Brute?’ where all of his allies are taking knives and killing poor Julius Caesar,” he said. Turning back to Democrats’ revolt against Mr. Biden, he added, “I just couldn’t help but feel that some of them were his colleagues who have been around him for so long and — it was painful to watch.”

In a recent Fox News poll, 93 percent of Democratic voters approved of his decision to drop out, reflecting longstanding worries about his age that were supercharged by a disastrous debate.

You Republicans can stop whining. Because all during the Biden candidacy, you were taking about Harris like she was a chump. So now that she is kicking Truimps ass you want to cry about some fake ass coup.
Talk is cheap unless you put it in writing.

What she has said? Does not match the platform the have released.

I don't support either candidate, but I can tell you this, for folks that feel that they have some obligation to vote?

The candidate that seems more like a con artist and a chump? Well. . . that is clear by now to most folks with a brain.

Talk is cheap unless you put it in writing.

What she has said? Does not match the platform the have released.

I don't support either candidate, but I can tell you this, for folks that feel that they have some obligation to vote?

The candidate that seems more like a con artist and a chump? Well. . . that is clear by now to most folks with a brain.
grow up

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
MUH MOCRACY!!

I loved how one commentor below the article argues that Harris isn't a coup because Biden "peacefully" handed over his candidacy! After thousands in his party demanded he drop out! You mean Biden didn't get up on his desk with a tommy gun spraying bullets at anyone trying to take him out of the room?

They go on to point out that a coup is a VIOLENT overthrow of the government by the MILITARY--- like January 6.

Sorry Bub, it was a protest that got angry from having shock grenades thrown at the peaceful protesters and yes, it grew into some violence outside the building, but where was the MILITARY that day? There wasn't even a single gun! Except that used to kill Ashley Babbit.

And where was the attempt to "overthrow the government?" From a bunch of backpack carrying, baby-stroller pushing parents carrying flags and signs?

Just wow.

I have convinced two of my (black) family members not to vote for Harris. We're in Illinois however, so I guess it won't make much difference. But still.

The good news is that I was talking with two other family members at our family reunion last weekend. They are also voting for Trump. They both live in Wisconsin, so that might make a difference. Fingers crossed. 🤞:)
I think an ever-increasing number of Americans are getting disgusted with this incompetent and corrupt democrat machine. It is just a rebranding of Tammany Hall on a national scale. IDK what the penalties should be, but they should be severe and reach all the way to the top of the DNC.

“He’s at peace with it, he’s optimistic about it,” Senator Chris Coons of Delaware, a close Biden ally and co-chair of Ms. Harris’s campaign — who is also scheduled to speak Monday night — said in an interview. “My small role this evening is to help focus and emphasize just how grateful we all are for what Joe Biden’s done.”

At the breakfast, he led attendees through a practice round of “We Love Joe” chants, encouraging them to “go nuts” with the cheer during his speech. Some collected buttons that read, “I know Joe ’24.” The line was reminiscent of one from Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, whose endorsement of Mr. Biden in the 2020 campaign — “I know Joe. We know Joe. And most importantly, Joe knows us” — helped revive his floundering candidacy.

State Representative Kerri Evelyn Harris, the Delaware national committeewoman, said she thought Mr. Biden’s speech would generate excitement.

But, she added, noting the close personal connections many in the small state feel to Mr. Biden, “there’s going to be a sense of loss.”

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Who says they won’t do it again? If Harris bombs at the debate - you know, when she has to think for herself - are the Dems going to force her out and put in another Female Black?
Stop crying b. Harris will be thinking quite fine for herself when she beats the shit out of white boy Trump in the first debate. The ass whippin wil be so severe that trump will back out of the next one.

Forum List

Back