NYT: Will electric cars become an environmental catastrophe?

Electric cars=glorified golf carts. Zero HP.
Cybertruck.

iu

I've mentioned this several times. Mining is a very dirty business.

And then the massive no longer useful battery packs. Sent to some third-world country to be forgotten about.

A new method for extracting lithium from batteries and properly recycling them has been discovered very recently, but it's true about mining. Apparently, it damages salt flats in deserts and has the potential to contaminate the environment in those remote regions. But this is nothing compared to the existential threat facing the earth from greenhouse gases and climate change.

I've mentioned this several times. Mining is a very dirty business.

And then the massive no longer useful battery packs. Sent to some third-world country to be forgotten about.
The batteries & EV's rarely fail & they only contain 2% lithium!

I don't know about them rarely failing. I am interested in whether you have a link for ev batteries only containing 2% lithium.

It will be moot in a couple of years; the commies' Cadre will have the only private vehicles, anyway. And, coal plants are still being built all over India, Red China and other places, so Biden's 'Zero Carbon' nonsense is just a giant joke on the dopers and deviants running around parroting the 'climate change' rubbish.

Today in Wisconsin’s capital, we saw our first FedEx EV working through traffic .

Nov 2020 FedEx Starts Ebike Deliveries As It’s Running Out Of Delivery Vans

And China should not be allowed to corner the market on lithium recycling.

2019 Shanghai
’....The recovery of Li+ and Co2+ could be increased to 100% and 93.3% by bacteria. Moreover, extracellular polymeric substances secreted by bacteria were found to be a factor for the improvement of Li+ and Co2+ recovery.’

Li-Ion batteries have a big part in our move away from fossil fuels, but I've still got my fingers crossed for fuel cell technologies and vanadium batteries. It's WA-A-A-A-Y easier to recover the vanadium from a tank of solution than the lithium from its current packaging.

So what happens to all the nice roads when the gasoline taxes are no longer subsidizing electric vehicle owners along with the other tax breaks? Will we now have to have electric meters on the cars themselves?

Li-Ion batteries have a big part in our move away from fossil fuels, but I've still got my fingers crossed for fuel cell technologies and vanadium batteries. It's WA-A-A-A-Y easier to recover the vanadium from a tank of solution than the lithium from its current packaging.
I'm still holding out for some breakthroughs on the cold fusion theories, myself. The best alternative is still nuclear, and of course electric street car systems that blanketed most cities of any size back in the 1890's to the 1960's. Those actually went places people needed to go, and weren't subsidized routes by cities that only went from rich neighborhoods to those neighborhoods where their maids and gardeners lived.

First hybrid electric/gasoline car, 1901, invented by Ferdinand Porsche.

1024px-Lohner_Porsche.jpg

Battery technology sucked then, though, which is why electric cars quickly fell out of competition with steam and gas. Ultimately convenience and the development of higher octane gasoline which in turn allowed for higher compression ratios in IC engines won the day. They early engines were lucky to get 6 or 7 to 1 before the WW I-1920's.

Guess which power source wieghs the most and takes up 75% of the area in the vehicle pictured?

Last edited:
They already are....But the lithium mines are in China and Murican liberoidals don't GAF about their environment.

I need to ask, what do you believe in? Why not make a mention of Coal and Fracking, Oil leaks and massive oil disasters such as the Exxon Valdez and the Deep Water Horizon?

FYI: Game of Mines

Why not mention Biden's 'Zeero Emossions' scam is just a ridiculous piece of hogwash, and both India and Red China are building at least 40 new coal plants each per year, so no matter what the U.S. does the pollution is still going on, and autos make up a very small percentage of the problems. The problem is you commies are stupid and don't have the first clue. So keep relying on fake science and hoping your Red Chinese saviors keep Uncle Joe in office, even after he's dead.

Forum List

Back