Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
They didn't try to overthrow the government.

Apples and oranges.
I would posit that establishing "zones" for months where legitimate government isn't allowed is in fact far more of an "overthrow" of government than a protest that lasted a few hours!
You would be incorrect. And it wasn't a protest.
Are you serious? Why are the riots that liberals created all across the country for the better part of a year and a half ALWAYS described by the left as protests and the one protest that turned into a riot by conservatives is now being called an "insurrection"? Why is it that leftist extremists declaring whole city blocks a zone governed by them and not government NOT an overthrow of government but a protest that lasted a few hours is? The hypocrisy here is so palpable it's almost farce!
Protesting for equal treatment ≠ attempting to overthrow the government.

False equivalency is still false, I just checked.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
If you don't like it... leave.

They didn't try to overthrow the government.

Apples and oranges.
I would posit that establishing "zones" for months where legitimate government isn't allowed is in fact far more of an "overthrow" of government than a protest that lasted a few hours!
You would be incorrect. And it wasn't a protest.
Are you serious? Why are the riots that liberals created all across the country for the better part of a year and a half ALWAYS described by the left as protests and the one protest that turned into a riot by conservatives is now being called an "insurrection"? Why is it that leftist extremists declaring whole city blocks a zone governed by them and not government NOT an overthrow of government but a protest that lasted a few hours is? The hypocrisy here is so palpable it's almost farce!

One was a protest over an unjust justice system. The other was to protest a fair election.

Keep the insurrectionist in jail.
We don't typically keep people in jail who aren't flight risks and don't have prior criminal records. I'm simply asking why THIS man is being treated differently?
He is not a MAN. He is a low-life who may well be a risk. A lot of them have indeed flown the coop. Why do you care what happens to a criminal like him? When you invade our Capitol, all bets are off.
What he did was unique and he deserves what he gets from start to finish.
So if conservatives protest...they're not considered human beings anymore? He deserves to be treated in a manner that liberal protesters haven't been? Do you on the left not understand that one of the bedrock principles of our justice system is Equal Justice Under The Law? You don't get to have two sets of laws...one for your group and another for the opposition. If you let liberal protesters out of jail on bail in a matter of hours then it's totally illegal for you to keep conservative protesters in jail with no bail.
Many of those insurrectionists are out on bail. Let us understand that invasion, killings, injury, and destruction are not protesting and should be treated accordingly.

Sounds like he fucked around and found out.

that conservative rioters get treated very differently that lefty brownshirts.

I think they should be all held accountable for their crimes.

But they are not. Many are being let go. That makes it unequal application of justice. That makes it an INJUSTICE and a violation of his rights.

That’s a shame if true.

They were trying to save America, yet you applaud their persecution.

I applaud all criminals getting caught by law enforcement and paying for their mistakes.
You never even pay attention to your Progressive leaders and their views. one of them when the time comes is..."Each according to ability, each according to need".

Not sure what you’re getting at.

We don't typically keep people in jail who aren't flight risks and don't have prior criminal records. I'm simply asking why THIS man is being treated differently?
He is not a MAN. He is a low-life who may well be a risk. A lot of them have indeed flown the coop. Why do you care what happens to a criminal like him? When you invade our Capitol, all bets are off.
So if conservatives protest...they're not considered human beings anymore? He deserves to be treated in a manner that liberal protesters haven't been? Do you on the left not understand that one of the bedrock principles of our justice system is Equal Justice Under The Law? You don't get to have two sets of laws...one for your group and another for the opposition. If you let liberal protesters out of jail on bail in a matter of hours then it's totally illegal for you to keep conservative protesters in jail with no bail.
Many of those insurrectionists are out on bail. Let us understand that invasion, killings, injury, and destruction are not protesting and should be treated accordingly.

It most certainly can be.

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. [/Quote]

Thomas Jefferson.

It's just that those who were violent in trying to overturn a fair and valid election, lost.

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
This is a story of 1 person's inability to cope with being incarcerated. His social, religious, and / or political preferences have nothing to do with it. Period. This more of a medical, health, and / or psychological story than a 'political' one.

It was not unique. .That is bulllshit talk to justify your political prosecution of him.

But they are not. Many are being let go. That makes it unequal application of justice. That makes it an INJUSTICE and a violation of his rights.

That’s a shame if true.

That’s a shame if true.

From the article: “ In a recent interview with KGW, Williams explained the cases were dismissed in instances where prosecutors didn’t believe they could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Looks like they’re focusing on the ones they believe they can actually convict. Makes sense to me.

Ideally, anyone who committed a crime would be convicted for said crime.

That’s a shame if true.

From the article: “ In a recent interview with KGW, Williams explained the cases were dismissed in instances where prosecutors didn’t believe they could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Looks like they’re focusing on the ones they believe they can actually convict. Makes sense to me.

Ideally, anyone who commuted a crime would be convicted for said crime.

Oh, you expected them to admit that they were letting them go because of the rioters were of the right political side?

Did you read further where they said that they expect to be dismissing a lot more soon? Or that the state that normally handles these crimes, just refused to, to "save resources for more serious crimes".?

Unequal application of the law, is an injustice and a violation of the rights of those being targeted.

Those who end up serving time, after such a political prosecution, will literally be political prisoners.

That’s a shame if true.

Oh, you expected them to admit that they were letting them go because of the rioters were of the right political side?

Did you read further where they said that they expect to be dismissing a lot more soon? Or that the state that normally handles these crimes, just refused to, to "save resources for more serious crimes".?

Unequal application of the law, is an injustice and a violation of the rights of those being targeted.

Those who end up serving time, after such a political prosecution, will literally be political prisoners.

That's just your unsupported opinion that they're playing favorites. I'm fine with letting the authorities handle these matters.

That’s a shame if true.

That's just your unsupported opinion that they're playing favorites. I'm fine with letting the authorities handle these matters.

Your trust in the government to not play favorites, even while they obviously are, is not a good thing.

That’s a shame if true.

Your trust in the government to not play favorites, even while they obviously are, is not a good thing.

I trust the input of the experts who deal with these matters over your uneducated input on the matter.

That’s a shame if true.

I trust the input of the experts who deal with these matters over your uneducated input on the matter.

So, as long as the dems remember to clearly state, that they have a good reason for their actions, they get your support.

GOt it.

That’s a shame if true.

So, as long as the dems remember to clearly state, that they have a good reason for their actions, they get your support.

GOt it.

Did the article say that it was Dems who did this or are you just lying?

You don't have to answer that. I already know.

That’s a shame if true.

GOt it.

Did the article say that it was Dems who did this or are you just lying?

You don't have to answer that. I already know.

The Trump administration fought to gain control of hte riots, they took steps to arrest rioters..

Biden wins, and suddenly the charges are just fading away.

Your inability to see the obvious, is not a good trait.

Forum List

Back