Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
Lol, if they were released with out charges there was aack of evidence. They don't just let you off for no reason dumb fuck. You live in fantasy world.
No way would the FBI let someone off the hook if they had evidence!!! Lololol. Where ya been for the last 100 years? Fantasy Island ?
Lol your a moron. You don't even know how the court system works. If they were booked and jailed they were charged. The cops are now out of it dumb fuck. The judge and prosecuting attorney ate then in control of the process. Read a book once in a while moron
I wanted to read cat in the hat but you guys burned it.
Lol we did not burn shit. The owners of the rights discontinued the Dr. Suess books no longer in print. They own the rights they do what they want. If you are upset buy the rights and start printing.

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
Who cares

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
Lol, if they were released with out charges there was aack of evidence. They don't just let you off for no reason dumb fuck. You live in fantasy world.

Sure they do. The Reason is that the antifa and blm thugs are the democrat Party's brownshirts.

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
Tough shit

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.
Oh, that’s bad but frivolous lawsuits like Powell’s are just dandy?

I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over
She's being sued for telling lies that damaged a major corporation's reputation. Conceivably billions of dollars worth of damage.

Not the same thing at all.

In fact....didn't Ohio reverse it's decision to use Dominion because of these unfounded claims?
That seems like they could be awarded damages...

Agreed.

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.

Pknopp made a number of points, one of which I choose to agree with.

Not sure what part of this you are having trouble with.

Do you like it when prosecutors overcharge so they can terrorize people into pleading out, and giving up their Right to a Trial by a jury of their Peers?

Agreed.

Do you like it when prosecutors overcharge so they can terrorize people into pleading out, and giving up their Right to a Trial by a jury of their Peers?

I never agree (or rarely) with Correll but I didn't argue with him here. You would think that people could work together where they agree to accomplish something and then deal with their differences later.

She's being sued for telling lies that damaged a major corporation's reputation. Conceivably billions of dollars worth of damage.

In fact....didn't Ohio reverse it's decision to use Dominion because of these unfounded claims?
And there we have verifiable financial damage done by the lies.

This shit should be a slam dunk.

That seems like they could be awarded damages...
Almost certainly will be.

Well..., at least the little snowflake has "safe space" now... :auiqs.jpg:

16isa0.jpg

Agreed.

If it gets them to cop a plea or roll over on someone bigger, yeah I'm okay with that.

Agreed.

If it gets them to cop a plea or roll over on someone bigger, yeah I'm okay with that.

Got it. Right to trial by jury, shit canned.

Keep the insurrectionist in jail.
We don't typically keep people in jail who aren't flight risks and don't have prior criminal records. I'm simply asking why THIS man is being treated differently?

They didn't try to overthrow the government.

Apples and oranges.
I would posit that establishing "zones" for months where legitimate government isn't allowed is in fact far more of an "overthrow" of government than a protest that lasted a few hours!

I'm amused by the liberal chorus all chiming in with a "disagree" to my post! Did you disagree with my point that most defendants without a criminal record who are established in the community and therefor a low flight risk are granted bail? Why is it that this man isn't?

This is typical trumper bullshit.
Everything in life applies to everybody else, but not them.
They are "the party of law and order" Until they comit crimes and go to jail, now they suddenly oppose that law and order.
Basically Trumpers live in an alternate reality where "the rules" apply to everybody else except them.
So he should be punished when he was trying to save America?

I was in Portland recently, it's an absolute shit hole now. Garbage and homeless camps and graffiti everywhere. Bands of illegals roaming the streets. And that's on the good side of town.

Forum List

Back