Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
man oh man, heartbreaking
links and pictures at site

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, February 8, 2013, 9:10 AM

Another Obama success story…
The Drakes Bay Oyster Co. has been in business for 100 years.
Then came Barack Obama.
In November, the Obama Administration shut down the oyster farm. They said it was for environmental reasons.

The farm produced 40% of California oysters.

The business was ordered to close its doors this week after a federal judge denied the oyster farm’s request to overturn its eviction from Point Reyes National Seashore.

all of it here
Obama Administration Shuts Down 100 Year Old Oyster Farm This Week | The Gateway Pundit

It is just the beginning. When obama is done we'll be like North Korea. After all theydo have a duty to end obesity. What better way than an engineered famine.

In her ruling, Judge Rogers held that she had no jurisdiction to rule on whether the Interior secretary broke the APA, and even if she did, the Lunnys did not prove that he acted arbitrary or capricious, or abused his discretion, in his decision.

In tracking the history of the oyster operation in the estero, the federal judge noted that:

* the original lease given to the Johnson Oyster Co. carried a November 2012 expiration;

* that when the Lunnys moved to purchase the company in 2005 the Park Service provided him with a legal opinion from the Interior Department's that “the Park Service is mandated by the Wilderness Act, the Point Reyes Wilderness Act and its Management Policies to convert potential wilderness, i.e., the Johnson Oyster Company tract and the adjoining Estero, to wilderness status as soon as the non[-]conforming use can be eliminated," and that,

* the Park Service followed that up two months later with a letter to the Lunnys “'to reiterate our guidance to you regarding the transfer of the Johnson Oyster Company site to your family [and] . . . to ensure clarity and to avoid any misunderstanding.' Among other things, the letter stated that “[r]egarding the 2012 expiration date and the potential wilderness designation, based on our legal review, no new permits will be issued after that date."

Judge Rogers also noted that it clearly was Congress's intent to see the waters of the estero designated as official wilderness.

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/files/PORE-Order Denying TRO.pdf

National Parks | National Parks TravelerNational Parks Traveler

In her ruling, Judge Rogers held that she had no jurisdiction to rule on whether the Interior secretary broke the APA, and even if she did, the Lunnys did not prove that he acted arbitrary or capricious, or abused his discretion, in his decision.

In tracking the history of the oyster operation in the estero, the federal judge noted that:

* the original lease given to the Johnson Oyster Co. carried a November 2012 expiration;

* that when the Lunnys moved to purchase the company in 2005 the Park Service provided him with a legal opinion from the Interior Department's that “the Park Service is mandated by the Wilderness Act, the Point Reyes Wilderness Act and its Management Policies to convert potential wilderness, i.e., the Johnson Oyster Company tract and the adjoining Estero, to wilderness status as soon as the non[-]conforming use can be eliminated," and that,

* the Park Service followed that up two months later with a letter to the Lunnys “'to reiterate our guidance to you regarding the transfer of the Johnson Oyster Company site to your family [and] . . . to ensure clarity and to avoid any misunderstanding.' Among other things, the letter stated that “[r]egarding the 2012 expiration date and the potential wilderness designation, based on our legal review, no new permits will be issued after that date."

Judge Rogers also noted that it clearly was Congress's intent to see the waters of the estero designated as official wilderness.

you just proved the point
but you seem to want to argue

I may be misunderstanding you, if so my apologies.

I am reading your post that you believe President Obama had something to do with a couple not having their oyster contract renewed in California.

Congress of course is not the Obama Administration, and neither is the Judge who found in favor of the eviction.

I wonder what Oysters are going to cost in California? Damn... 40% is a big chunk of Oysters.

I am reading your post that you believe President Obama had something to do with a couple not having their oyster contract renewed in California.

Congress of course is not the Obama Administration, and neither is the Judge who found in favor of the eviction.

you really are something else. who the hell did Ken Salazar WORK FOR

SNIP:

Feds To Shut Down Drake's Bay Oyster Farm

Owner of Drake's Bay said earlier this week he just wants to be a farmer

Thursday, Nov 29, 2012 | Updated 2:04 PM PST

U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar on Thursday said he will shut down an historic Northern California oyster farm along Point Reyes National Seashore, designating the site as a wilderness area.

Salazar said he will not renew the Drakes Bay Oyster Co. lease that expires Friday. The move will bring a close to a years-long environmental battle over the site.

"After careful consideration of the applicable law and policy, I have directed the National Park Service to allow the permit for the Drakes Bay Oyster Co. expire ... and to return the Drakes Estero to the state of wilderness that Congress designated for it in 1976,'' Salazar said in a statement.

all of it here
Feds To Shut Down Drake's Bay Oyster Farm | NBC Bay Area

man oh man, heartbreaking
links and pictures at site

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, February 8, 2013, 9:10 AM

Another Obama success story…
The Drakes Bay Oyster Co. has been in business for 100 years.
Then came Barack Obama.
In November, the Obama Administration shut down the oyster farm. They said it was for environmental reasons.

The farm produced 40% of California oysters.

The business was ordered to close its doors this week after a federal judge denied the oyster farm’s request to overturn its eviction from Point Reyes National Seashore.

all of it here
Obama Administration Shuts Down 100 Year Old Oyster Farm This Week | The Gateway Pundit

1ObamaFatherKnowsBest.jpg

SNIP:

U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar on Thursday said he will shut down an historic Northern California oyster farm along Point Reyes National Seashore, designating the site as a wilderness area.

Salazar said he will not renew the Drakes Bay Oyster Co. lease that expires Friday. The move will bring a close to a years-long environmental battle over the site.

"After careful consideration of the applicable law and policy, I have directed the National Park Service to allow the permit for the Drakes Bay Oyster Co. expire ... and to return the Drakes Estero to the state of wilderness that Congress designated for it in 1976,'' Salazar said in a statement.

all of it here

Ken Salazar resigns;

http://borderzine.com/2013/02/ken-salazar-resigns-president’s-cabinet-is-devoid-of-hispanics/

SNIP:

all of it here

Ken Salazar resigns;

http://borderzine.com/2013/02/ken-salazar-resigns-president’s-cabinet-is-devoid-of-hispanics/

It's pretty evident you don't care about this 100 year old oyster farm, so what is your purpose here?
troll?

SNIP:

all of it here

Ken Salazar resigns;

It's pretty evident you don't care about this 100 year old oyster farm, so what is your purpose here?
troll?

My purpose was to talk about everyones involvement in the process, and what each branch of government does and what role each branch plays in it.

Because if you want to say The Obama Administration, with Congress backing and the Courts decision in favor of it, that would be more accurate.

These are different branches of government operating here and they all agreed with it.

troll?

My purpose was to talk about everyones involvement in the process, and what each branch of government does and what role each branch plays in it.

Because if you want to say The Obama Administration, with Congress backing and the Courts decision in favor of it, that would be more accurate.

These are different branches of government operating here and they all agreed with it.

there was NO CONGRESS backing this idiot..now go argue with someone else
FROM THE ARTICLE

troll?

have anything showing who in Congress was in favor of it?

troll?

have anything showing who in Congress was in favor of it?

I linked the PDF in which the judge stated it.:cool:

Forum List

Back