Obama commutes prison sentences of 214 Drug Offenders

No, there was a period (if it has indeed been closed, don’t know, haven’t kept up with it) where crack cocaine sentences handed out ran much longer than sentences for powder cocaine. And that was all about race. You know, sometimes it's not that it's always about race for some people. Sometimes it's that race has always had a great deal to do with american society, and some people can't handle the acknowledgement of that fact.
Like C65 up there.

Are you scared to know the answer to my question about the racial demographics of the 214? Sounds like it.

If what I suspect isn't true, I'll be proven wrong. However, if it is true, you'll justify how what I suspected is OK because you're one of those that think the disproportionate numbers of blacks in prison can't be anything but racially motivated. You ignore the likely possibility that it's because they commit MORE CRIMES.

Non-violent drug offenses should not land you in jail.

The law is the law and people should follow it. I guess you don't agree.
You have never in your life gotten a speeding ticket?

The sentence for a speeding ticket is jail time? In what state?
So you have never broken the law and received a speeding ticket?

Defection, and not very good at it.
so you have never broken the law? since you claim that laws are suppose to be never broken....even speeding is breaking the law...

Bullshit. If you're dealing drugs you need to go to prison.
Oh...and weed should be legal. I'm just against the fools out there slinging crack and heroin type drugs.
Then imprison the pharmacist and big pharma.

You mean pill mill doctors?
Absolutely! This bitch is the latest to go down.
How about the doctors getting kids addicted speed? (Ritalin, Adderall)

The law is the law and people should follow it. I guess you don't agree.
You have never in your life gotten a speeding ticket?

The sentence for a speeding ticket is jail time? In what state?
It can certainly lead to jail time.

For instance, here in Ohio, if somebody gets nailed in a speed trap, they will get a fine. If they do not have the mandatory insurance that corrupt politicians in the pocket of insurance companies put into law. Another fine.

If they do not pay the fines on time, their driver's license is automatically suspended, oftentimes without their knowledge. Then they are subject arrest and subject to up to 6 months in jail and another fine if an automated license plate reader tags their car and the criminals pull them over under color of law.

So fuck off, you nanny state supporter. You are very naive.

Last edited:
Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine. This story is alarming when you consider the level of lawlessness that is already on the streets of America.

Crack cocaine offenders had arbitrarily higher prison terms than cocaine users. Why? For no apparent reason.
The reason is very apparent to those of us who have an adequate knowledge of chemistry.

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine. This story is alarming when you consider the level of lawlessness that is already on the streets of America.

Crack cocaine offenders had arbitrarily higher prison terms than cocaine users. Why? For no apparent reason.
The reason is very apparent to those of us who have an adequate knowledge of chemistry.
I don't know anything about chemistry but it isn't difficult to see that crack cocaine users are given to violence. The study (posted on this thread) revealed 97% or more users had admitted to acts of violence. That alone tells us that commuting the sentences of such people was not a wise decision. Send them to a drug rehab but don't release them into society without treatment / counseling.

I don't know anything about chemistry but it isn't difficult to see that crack cocaine users are given to violence. The study (posted on this thread) revealed 97% or more users had admitted to acts of violence. That alone tells us that commuting the sentences of such people was not a wise decision. Send them to a drug rehab but don't release them into society without treatment / counseling.
The rate of offenders whose violent acts occurred while under the influence of freebase ("crack") cocaine doesn't come close to the rate of those who became violent after using beverage alcohol. Without bothering to research the numbers I would estimate a probable 100 (alcohol) to 1 (crack) ratio. But if you choose to research it I suggest you start with domestic abuse statistics.

Why not explain the reason (in layman terms) to the rest of us?

The rate of offenders whose violent acts occurred while under the influence of freebase ("crack") cocaine doesn't come close to the rate of those who became violent after using beverage alcohol. Without bothering to research the numbers I would estimate a probable 100 (alcohol) to 1 (crack) ratio. But if you choose to research it I suggest you start with domestic abuse statistics.
Big surprise. Alcohol is cheaper, more socially acceptable, and much easier to obtain.

But how does violent alcohol abusers make violent crack abusers not violent?

No, there was a period (if it has indeed been closed, don’t know, haven’t kept up with it) where crack cocaine sentences handed out ran much longer than sentences for powder cocaine. And that was all about race. You know, sometimes it's not that it's always about race for some people. Sometimes it's that race has always had a great deal to do with american society, and some people can't handle the acknowledgement of that fact.
Like C65 up there.

Are you scared to know the answer to my question about the racial demographics of the 214? Sounds like it.

If what I suspect isn't true, I'll be proven wrong. However, if it is true, you'll justify how what I suspected is OK because you're one of those that think the disproportionate numbers of blacks in prison can't be anything but racially motivated. You ignore the likely possibility that it's because they commit MORE CRIMES.
While I don't disagree with your conclusion I am opposed to the imposition of prison sentences for most non-violent drug offenses -- by Blacks or Whites. The exceptions would be distribution to minors, repetitive DUI and major trafficking.

Big surprise. Alcohol is cheaper, more socially acceptable, and much easier to obtain.

Who said they did?

Crack is far more addictive and powerful then powder form cocaine and is thus far more dangerous.
It would be like taking shots of whiskey vs. taking shots of beer.

Like C65 up there.

While I don't disagree with your conclusion I am opposed to the imposition of prison sentences for most non-violent drug offenses -- by Blacks or Whites. The exceptions would be distribution to minors, repetitive DUI and major trafficking.

There's an easy solution for that. Don't commit the crime.

Who said they did?
You potheads keep pushing the inane meme that as long as people do bad things with alcohol, drugs should be given a pass. The key is to punish all bad behavior no matter what the agent of influence, but after spending millions of dollars and taking years to lock up many of these dangerous people, President Chimp comes along and springs them.

When they are your 6th they should
No. No they shouldn't

When it's your first, it should.
Why?

Because people know better.
The drug war has been raging at full capacity ever since Reagan escalated it in 1982. It is now 2016 and drugs are no less available today than they were back then. In fact they are more readily available today and they cost less. Yet the drug war just keeps going on and on and on without pause.

Have you ever heard that attempting to solve a problem by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is one definition of insanity?

When they are your 6th they should
No. No they shouldn't

When it's your first, it should.
Why?

Because people know better.
The drug war has been raging at full capacity ever since Reagan escalated it in 1982. It is now 2016 and drugs are no less available today than they were back then. In fact they are more readily available today and they cost less. Yet the drug war just keeps going on and on and on without pause.

Have you ever heard that attempting to solve a problem by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is one definition of insanity?

It goes to what I've been saying. The choice to use them isn't because the program is bad but because people choose to use them.

What do you propose, make drugs legal? No law is effective unless people choose to abide by it regardless of the content of the law. It goes back to the person. Until the person decides to change and follow the law, nothing will work. At least they're out of society where they can't make choices that can affect the lives of innocent people.

Crime is down across most of the United States. I.e. the level of 'lawlessness' has fallen.

there was a reason. crack was a street drug used by poor minorities. cocaine is used by affluent white people

Crime is down across most of the United States. I.e. the level of 'lawlessness' has fallen.

there was a reason. crack was a street drug used by poor minorities. cocaine is used by affluent white people

Oh, the it's because they're black bullshit excuse.

Forum List

Back