Obama commutes prison sentences of 214 Drug Offenders

Jeremiah, heroin is worse for addiction. You don't really become adficted to coke, "you in danger of running out". A real user will do it and do it.......till out. Then try to get more until they crash into deep miserable depression.

If they shoot it, similar to smoke it (crack). Some rare few can snort daily? Maybe w/o going nuts? Very few can control it from what I know......
I didn't know that. Thanks for the education! How terribly sad that people get addicted and suffer like this - the Devil is a hard taskmaster! I've seen the before and after pictures of people on crack and you can see them age terribly in a matter of months from that stuff. Very sad.
Yet smoking pot does not do that...

A 100 percent success rate for what?
There is no relapse rate.
Yes, we know you advocate killing people ...
They aren't people.
Neither are you..
I'm not the druggie. You might be. I'm not.
I should be feeling what right about now? Jubilation that you have sinister thoughts of evil?

Non-violent drug offenses should not land you in jail.

Bullshit. If you're dealing drugs you need to go to prison.
Oh...and weed should be legal. I'm just against the fools out there slinging crack and heroin type drugs.
Then imprison the pharmacist and big pharma.

You mean pill mill doctors?
Absolutely! This bitch is the latest to go down.
Doctor at center of pill mill investigation arrested

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine. This story is alarming when you consider the level of lawlessness that is already on the streets of America.

obama-1.jpg

Obama commutes prison sentences of 214 drug offenders

WASHINGTON, Aug 3 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama commuted the prison sentences of 214 individuals on Wednesday, the most grants of clemency in a single day since at least 1900, the White House said.

Obama has now granted a total of 562 commutations during his presidency, more than the number by the past nine presidents combined, it said.

The president has worked to reform the U.S. criminal justice system to reduce the number of people serving long, and in many cases life sentences for drug related crimes. It is a rare topic in which the Democratic president has received support from Republican lawmakers.

Many of the convicts had been serving time for crack cocaine. For years crack offenders faced stiffer penalties than offenders of powder cocaine, even though the substances are similar on a molecular level. Critics have said the disparity has unfairly harmed minority and poor communities.

And in many if not most of these cases, any gun crime involved was plea bargained out....so this moron just released violent animals back into the poorest communities in the country........

They aren't non violent drug offenders...any gun charges would have been plea bargained away.............almost all gun crime in these democrat hell holes is over drugs..........

And you guys say you want to stop gun violence, then your asshole goes and releases violent thugs back into the streets......

Well........blacks vote democrat.....their children are dying because of it...and now even more will die....

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine. This story is alarming when you consider the level of lawlessness that is already on the streets of America.

Crime is down across most of the United States. I.e. the level of 'lawlessness' has fallen.

Crack cocaine offenders had arbitrarily higher prison terms than cocaine users. Why? For no apparent reason. Which is why most of these commutations are taking place- to the same length as if they were sentenced now- rather than 10 or 20 years ago.

As a taxpayer- this is a fiscally sound measure.

Obama's actions are part of a larger effort to grant early release to nonviolent federal prisoners who received mandatory harsh sentences under old drug laws, but would face lesser sentences today.

Wrong....black community leaders went to their political representatives and asked for higher sentences........crack cocaine was destroying their communities in ways that regular cocaine wasn't in non minority neighborhoods....and he just released violent criminals to prey on these poor people...but...they wanted him....now they will pay in blood...

They aren't non violent drug offenders...any gun charges would have been plea bargained away.............almost all gun crime in these democrat hell holes is over drugs..........

And you guys say you want to stop gun violence, then your asshole goes and releases violent thugs back into the streets......

Well........blacks vote democrat.....their children are dying because of it...and now even more will die....
So voting democrat is a death sentence for black kids...
implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

obama-1.jpg

WASHINGTON, Aug 3 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama commuted the prison sentences of 214 individuals on Wednesday, the most grants of clemency in a single day since at least 1900, the White House said.

Obama has now granted a total of 562 commutations during his presidency, more than the number by the past nine presidents combined, it said.

The president has worked to reform the U.S. criminal justice system to reduce the number of people serving long, and in many cases life sentences for drug related crimes. It is a rare topic in which the Democratic president has received support from Republican lawmakers.

Many of the convicts had been serving time for crack cocaine. For years crack offenders faced stiffer penalties than offenders of powder cocaine, even though the substances are similar on a molecular level. Critics have said the disparity has unfairly harmed minority and poor communities.

And in many if not most of these cases, any gun crime involved was plea bargained out....so this moron just released violent animals back into the poorest communities in the country........
the story posted by the OP does not report about any guns being included with crimes...

yes...it is......just ask the kids in Chicago, D.C., Balitimore.......the list is endless......and he is releasing gun criminals back into those cities........so he can push for more gun control.........

obama-1.jpg

the story posted by the OP does not report about any guns being included with crimes...

I posted that in another thread....and the first charge plea bargained away is the gun charge.......

BREAKING: Obama Commute Sentences of 56 Federal Prisoners with Firearms-Related Convictions - The Truth About Guns

yes...it is......just ask the kids in Chicago, D.C., Balitimore.......the list is endless......and he is releasing gun criminals back into those cities........so he can push for more gun control.........
you don't know where these people will live when they are released..

Yeah...sure.....we don't know where the majority of them are going to live.....here...I have a pamphlet on "wetlands" in Florida i would like you to look at......

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine.

Is there a racial demographic on the 214?

For some people- like you- it is always just about race.

Just trying to determine whether Obama made it about race. Afraid to know the answer to the question I asked? If not, what's the problem is knowing?

You were the one who made it about race.

Here is how we can tell:

President Obama didn't mention race.

Your only concern was race.

You are a Trump supporter I presume.

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine.

Is there a racial demographic on the 214?

Just trying to determine whether Obama made it about race. Afraid to know the answer to the question I asked? If not, what's the problem is knowing?

You were the one who made it about race.

Here is how we can tell:

President Obama didn't mention race.

Your only concern was race.

You are a Trump supporter I presume.

Yeah....did he release the race of the ones he is releasing...for obama it is all about race....

Yeah...sure.....we don't know where the majority of them are going to live.....here...I have a pamphlet on "wetlands" in Florida i would like you to look at......

Trump supporters know that every one is prison is non-white.

Forum List

Back