Obama commutes prison sentences of 214 Drug Offenders

When they are your 6th they should
No. No they shouldn't

They should and they do. So sucks, but you are on the wrong side of society on this one.
I disagree. As time goes on more and more states will decriminalize possession.

Even if the legalize pot, they are not legalizing other drugs.
I am against legalization of marijuana. My suggestion is to send these people to a Christian rehabilitation program and let them have a chance to succeed in life. Teen Challenge has many success stories!

I am indifferent to pot. The grandson of one of my mom's friends died at a christian rehab facility. He tried to escape in the dark and fell off a cliff.

Jeremiah, heroin is worse for addiction. You don't really become adficted to coke, "you in danger of running out". A real user will do it and do it.......till out. Then try to get more until they crash into deep miserable depression.

If they shoot it, similar to smoke it (crack). Some rare few can snort daily? Maybe w/o going nuts? Very few can control it from what I know......

Good. It's time we end the "War on Drugs" altogether.
You're against law enforcement officers but in favor of crack addicts / dealers who they have taken off the streets - having their sentences commuted? What is wrong with this picture?

I'm in favor of people making their own decisions as to what to do with their own bodies and not spending billions of dollars a year and eroding our Constitutional rights in order to stop them.
Then let the judge sentence them to a Christian rehabilitation center like Teen Challenge. Who knows how many lives would be turned around only to later on become counselors at Teen Challenge or a prison ministry and help others suffering from addiction?
You would put 40 year old men in teen challenge?

Actually, I can tell you from personal experience (I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor my last 8 years in the Navy), that recovering drug addicts and alcoholics generally make the best counselors. Why? They've been through it, know all the tricks and hiding places, and also know all the rationalizations and lies that addicts tell themselves.

Yeah..................if they have a year or more clean time, why not?

The Phillipines has a 100% success rate.

Is that the Tea Party "small" government solution? Use big government to execute people for behavior you don't like? Once again you people show how much you have in common with the dictatorial regimes you claim to hate.

As long as James Beam is "legal" and they have parking lots at Bars, Pot is minor minor compared to about 10 drinks and a few lines. LAND O GOSHEN. I don't think I care if they smoke dope driving. They become even more careful.

Good. It's time we end the "War on Drugs" altogether.
You're against law enforcement officers but in favor of crack addicts / dealers who they have taken off the streets - having their sentences commuted? What is wrong with this picture?

I'm in favor of people making their own decisions as to what to do with their own bodies and not spending billions of dollars a year and eroding our Constitutional rights in order to stop them.
Then let the judge sentence them to a Christian rehabilitation center like Teen Challenge. Who knows how many lives would be turned around only to later on become counselors at Teen Challenge or a prison ministry and help others suffering from addiction?
You would put 40 year old men in teen challenge?
I believe aside from Teen Challenge for people in their 20's and 30's there are also men's programs and women's programs offered - for older adults.

Jeremiah, heroin is worse for addiction. You don't really become adficted to coke, "you in danger of running out". A real user will do it and do it.......till out. Then try to get more until they crash into deep miserable depression.

If they shoot it, similar to smoke it (crack). Some rare few can snort daily? Maybe w/o going nuts? Very few can control it from what I know......
I didn't know that. Thanks for the education! How terribly sad that people get addicted and suffer like this - the Devil is a hard taskmaster! I've seen the before and after pictures of people on crack and you can see them age terribly in a matter of months from that stuff. Very sad.

Forum List

Back