Obama commutes prison sentences of 214 Drug Offenders

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine.

Obama commutes prison sentences of 214 drug offenders

Is there a racial demographic on the 214?

For some people- like you- it is always just about race.

Just trying to determine whether Obama made it about race. Afraid to know the answer to the question I asked? If not, what's the problem is knowing?

You were the one who made it about race.

Here is how we can tell:

President Obama didn't mention race.

Your only concern was race.

You are a Trump supporter I presume.

Yeah....did he release the race of the ones he is releasing...for obama it is all about race....

As usual- your only concern is race.

obama is a drug addict himself. It only is logical that he would release other addicts and dealers. He's probably selling himself out of the rose garden. This is why the President of the Philippines does is so much better. No chance of them getting out.

And by 'drug addict' you mean- what? Cigarettes?

Conservatives- always pretending to be for personal freedom- while wanting nothing more than to throw people in prison.

Non-violent drug offenses should not land you in jail.

They aren't non violent drug offenders...any gun charges would have been plea bargained away.............almost all gun crime in these democrat hell holes is over drugs..........

And you guys say you want to stop gun violence, then your asshole goes and releases violent thugs back into the streets......

Well........blacks vote democrat.....their children are dying because of it...and now even more will die....
So voting democrat is a death sentence for black kids...
implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

yes...it is......just ask the kids in Chicago, D.C., Balitimore.......the list is endless......and he is releasing gun criminals back into those cities........so he can push for more gun control.........
you don't know where these people will live when they are released..

Yeah...sure.....we don't know where the majority of them are going to live.....here...I have a pamphlet on "wetlands" in Florida i would like you to look at......
implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

obama is a drug addict himself. It only is logical that he would release other addicts and dealers. He's probably selling himself out of the rose garden. This is why the President of the Philippines does is so much better. No chance of them getting out.

And by 'drug addict' you mean- what? Cigarettes?

Conservatives- always pretending to be for personal freedom- while wanting nothing more than to throw people in prison.
Prison doesn't work. President Punisher does what works.

The law is the law and people should follow it. I guess you don't agree.
You have never in your life gotten a speeding ticket?

The sentence for a speeding ticket is jail time? In what state?
So you have never broken the law and received a speeding ticket?

Defection, and not very good at it.

Selling poison is an act of violence. That's why we have laws passed by legislators and not emperors to decide who to take off the streets to keep society safer.
I keep telling the fools they should be drinking fox glove tea. It's a plant . What's the harm?
Is selling alcohol, cigarettes, coca-cola, McDonald's... are all of those acts of violence?

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine. This story is alarming when you consider the level of lawlessness that is already on the streets of America.

obama-1.jpg

WASHINGTON, Aug 3 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama commuted the prison sentences of 214 individuals on Wednesday, the most grants of clemency in a single day since at least 1900, the White House said.

Obama has now granted a total of 562 commutations during his presidency, more than the number by the past nine presidents combined, it said.

The president has worked to reform the U.S. criminal justice system to reduce the number of people serving long, and in many cases life sentences for drug related crimes. It is a rare topic in which the Democratic president has received support from Republican lawmakers.

Many of the convicts had been serving time for crack cocaine. For years crack offenders faced stiffer penalties than offenders of powder cocaine, even though the substances are similar on a molecular level. Critics have said the disparity has unfairly harmed minority and poor communities.
Barry is doing everything in his power to try and get a nutty right winger out to commit some heinous act to give him ammo to throw at us cons.

54 had weapons offenses.....oooops
So 160 should never have been in jail.

How long have those 54 been in jail? What were they convicted of?
You read every file and know that riiiiggggggght..........alll were just poor innocent victims....bs.......just another tool libs are using to destroy our Justice system
:cuckoo:

Dealers are doing what bathhouse barry wants. He might not be able to make sure every elementary school has a dealer. Hilly will have to fix that.

Breaking story: He just commuted the prison sentences of 214 drug offenders. Many were in prison for crack cocaine.

Just trying to determine whether Obama made it about race. Afraid to know the answer to the question I asked? If not, what's the problem is knowing?

You were the one who made it about race.

Here is how we can tell:

President Obama didn't mention race.

Your only concern was race.

Are you afraid to know the answer to my question? Sounds as if you are. You are an Obama supporter and there is no presumption there.

The difference between the two of us is if what I suspect isn't the truth, I'll admit my suspicions were wrong but if I'm correct, you'll find some excuse to justify how what he did was OK.

obama-1.jpg

Not that I am aware of. The majority of inmates released were in there for crack cocaine. They could be any race of people. This is what I found next to the picture describing his visit to the Prison:

President Barack Obama speaks during a tour by Bureau of Prisons Director Charles Samuels, right, and correctional officer Ronald Warlick, Thursday, July 16, 2015, at the El Reno Federal Correctional Institution in El Reno, Okla. As part of a week long focus on inequities in the criminal justice system, the president will meet separately Thursday with law enforcement officials and nonviolent drug offenders who are paying their debt to society at the El Reno Federal Correctional Institution, a medium-security prison for male offenders near Oklahoma City. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

_____
My question is that if this was about releasing non-violent offenders why didn't he release people who were in prison for marijuana possession / sales? I'm not sure how one could define crack cocaine users as "non-violent" offenders. It's a very dangerous drug. Granted all drugs are dangerous but on a scale of 1-10 I would think crack cocaine would be way up there.

My post took into consideration how many on the left quite often mention how blacks are a disproportionate number in the prison system compared to their percentage in society.

Forum List

Back