Obama courtmartials Navy nurse who refused to torture gimto detainees

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo is CIC and he has to take responsibility for this.

NAVY Nurse Who Refused To Force Feed Guantanamo Inmates Is Facing Court Martial True Activist

aug 31 2014
Detainees at Guantanamo Bay have been protesting their imprisonment and cruel treatment with ongoing hunger strikes for the past several months, and have been attacked and force fed by guards as a result. These actions were condemned by more that 250 doctors from the UK, the US, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Italy and the Netherlands.

One nurse that was responsible for force feeding the prisoners, recently made news by refusing to do so. For a length of time this nurse obeyed the orders that he was given, but eventually began to regret his actions, and became a conscientious objector. A spokesperson for the NAVY would not release the name of the nurse, nor the details of their case. They only revealed that the nurse was sent home early and that he is currently “pending court martial”.

/

• Banned
Stupid liberals who thing force feeding is not torture need to read this

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/opinion/nocera-is-force-feeding-torture.html?_r=0

But not long ago, Al Jazeera got ahold of a 30-page document that detailed the standard operating procedures used by the military to force-feed a detainee. The document makes for gruesome reading: the detainee shackled to a special chair (which looks like the electric chair); the head restraints if he resists; the tube pushed painfully down his nose; the half-hour or so of ingestion of nutritional supplements; the transfer of the detainee to a “dry cell,” where, if he vomits, he is strapped back into the chair until the food is digested.

Detainees are also apparently given an anti-nausea drug called Reglan, which has a horrible potential side effect if given for more than three months: a disease called tardive dyskinesia, which causes twitching and other uncontrollable movements. “This drug is very scary,” said Cori Crider, the legal director of Reprieve, a London-based group that represents more than a dozen detainees. “My fear is that it is being administered without their consent,” she added. Although the military refuses to discuss the use of Reglan — or any aspect of force-feeding — that’s a pretty safe bet.

Obozo is CIC and he has to take responsibility for this.

NAVY Nurse Who Refused To Force Feed Guantanamo Inmates Is Facing Court Martial True Activist

aug 31 2014
Detainees at Guantanamo Bay have been protesting their imprisonment and cruel treatment with ongoing hunger strikes for the past several months, and have been attacked and force fed by guards as a result. These actions were condemned by more that 250 doctors from the UK, the US, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Italy and the Netherlands.

One nurse that was responsible for force feeding the prisoners, recently made news by refusing to do so. For a length of time this nurse obeyed the orders that he was given, but eventually began to regret his actions, and became a conscientious objector. A spokesperson for the NAVY would not release the name of the nurse, nor the details of their case. They only revealed that the nurse was sent home early and that he is currently “pending court martial”.

/

According to the UCMJ any convening authority may convene a court martial. Meaning the POTUS doesn't get involved with every such decision.

Without digging, I would say his commanding officer preferred the charges.

hard call.... is saving a person's life really 'torture'? Is preventing a suicide really torture? I don't think so....?

hard call.... is saving a person's life really 'torture'? Is preventing a suicide really torture? I don't think so....?

I'd like to read actual news on this if there is any; this........ah piece is from "True Activist". When I read the nurse was described as 'conscientious onjector':rolleyes:. The nurse decided she would make the rules and disobeyed orders, thus should be punished of course.

Digging deep to manufacture "bad" the President has done, six and a half years with no wars of choice, no large disasters that could have been prevented, and a somewhat better ecenomy is hurting the rabids.

I noticed a few weeks ago EVERY Muslim is now termed an "Islamist" by the ODS crowd, the vast majority of which have no idea who the Saracens were, cannot tell a Sufi from a Sunni, and just repeat what websites with large color photos and scant text shove into their shrinking brains.

The term Islamist actually referes to those who want Islam to be the guiding force of sociey, were these Christians they word be termed "religious".

[

According to the UCMJ any convening authority may convene a court martial. Meaning the POTUS doesn't get involved with every such decision.

BS - obozo is CIC and he has to take the blame here. THINK

[

BS - obozo is CIC and he has to take the blame here. THINK

DO you seriously believe the POTUS is bothered with something as minor as this? Good Lord...

I would have done what this nurse wanted to do. Watch them starve to death. It would have been quite a gleeful sight too. The UN has different ideas. Starving prisoners to death is a war crime. Force feeding, although mighty uncomfortable is not.

There are two choices. Let them starve to death (preferable) or force feed them.

When you are in the military you are to follow orders, not following orders will get you in trouble...nuff said....

I would have done what this nurse wanted to do. Watch them starve to death. It would have been quite a gleeful sight too. The UN has different ideas. Starving prisoners to death is a war crime. Force feeding, although mighty uncomfortable is not.

There are two choices. Let them starve to death (preferable) or force feed them.
Well, there is a third option. Hook them up to an IV

Come to think of it there is a fourth option as well. Just execute the motherfuckers. I like that option the best myself.

When you are in the military you are to follow orders, not following orders will get you in trouble...nuff said....

not so fast.

not only do you NOT have to obey an unlawful order, you are obligated not to. All this nurse has to do is convince a panel that the order to force feed these guys was unlawful and he's scot free.

What is unlawful about the order?
Considering that under Bush feeding tubes were used...on GITMO detainees....

Forum List

Back