Obama Cries Uncle on Shielding 5 Million Immigrants from Deportation

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ahh darn ! :boohoo:

President Obama on Monday confirmed the bad news for up to 5 million illegal immigrants in this country: He has called a halt to Department of Homeland Security preparations to shield them from the threat of deportation because his executive orders have become seriously bogged down in a court challenge.

Speaking during a news conference at the conclusion of the G7 Summit in the Bavarian town of Kruen, Germany, Obama said that his executive orders will require an elaborate “administrative apparatus” in order to be carried out. But a series of legal setbacks in the federal courts have stymied the government’s intention to move ahead with the program.

Related: Obama’s Immigration Setback Is a Gift to GOP

“I made a decision, which I think is the right one that we should not accept applications until the legal status of this is clarified,” he told reporters. “I don’t want to bring people in…have them jump through a lot of hoops and have the process delayed further.”

The Washington Post reported yesterday that since a federal judge in Texas first blocked the new immigration reform policy in February, DHS has suspended plans to hire as many as 3,100 new employees to implement the president’s executive orders. Most of those new employees were to be assigned to an 11-story building the government had leased for $7.8 million in suburban Arlington, Va. That building is currently virtually empty of workers.

Obama announced shortly after last November’s election that up to 5 million illegal immigrants would be eligible to be protected against deportation, provided they met certain criteria. The president’s actions came after House GOP leaders made it clear they would not consider comprehensive immigration reforms along the lines of those approved by the Senate in June 2013. Obama’s executive action would have also expanded a 2012 program that has deferred the deportation of more than 600,000 immigrants who were brought to this country as children –so-called “Dreamers.”
Obama Cries Uncle on Shielding 5 Million Immigrants from Deportation - Yahoo Finance

“I made a decision, which I think is the right one that we should not accept applications until the legal status of this is clarified,” he told reporters. “I don’t want to bring people in…have them jump through a lot of hoops and have the process delayed further.”

goodnewseveryone.png

Not that I trust anything or anyone when it comes to illegals, but maybe there is a glimmer of hope that we might be able to at least slow the flow.

Don't hold your breath. The way they swarm across the border I'm surprised Cali isn't 100% illegal Mexican.

Quit the crying. They are going nowhere, so we need to resolve this as quickly as possible.

The court said it was the wrong one. Obama makes so many wrong decisions. there would be a very small list of right ones:thup:

Jroc, they are not going anywhere. Get used to it. There will be no mass deportation.

Jroc, they are not going anywhere. Get used to it. There will be no mass deportation.

Neither will there be mass legalization like you leftist would like. For some reason you leftist like killing off our own population via abortion, but you love to import foreign babies and take care of them:cuckoo:

Neither will there be mass legalization like you leftist would like. For some reason you leftist like killing off our own population via abortion, but you love to import foreign babies and take care of them:cuckoo:
What is wrong with you, Jroc? Quit crying.
images

Because leftists are anti American retards.

Who the hell can comprehend the insanity of open borders? These leftist idiots make no sense:cuckoo:

Open borders is bad. Massive deportation is bad. Businesses hiring illegals without significant punishment is bad. Let's solve this issue.

Forum List

Back