Obama death panel for seniors, etc.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
OBAMA DEATH PANEL FOR SENIORS, ETC.

Obama has bent over for Congress proposed cuts to Social Security and Medicare for seniors an for their children who have paid into the programs.

Senior did not get COLAs for two years and they will get smaller. There have been cuts already in Sections 8 Housing subsidies for seniors. But raises for those who provide those housing. How much a senior complex in the HUD housing gets from the government. Case in point. A studio apartment rents for $804 and HUD pays $540 of that. That is fraud. Based on the seniors $947 Social Security check.

Seniors that received food stamps find it smaller and harder to qualify. Rent rebates were eliminated three years ago. Assistance for power is smaller and harder to qualify. Seniors are already paying higher Medicare premiums, deductions and co-payments. Paying more for prescriptions drugs. Cutting their meds in half to last two months instead of one. Meals on Wheels, senior home health services, senior companions program cut.

Cuts in theses programs is a matter of life and death for some seniors already. Having to choose between shelter, eating, going to the doctor and taking their meds.

Then there are cut in entitlement that affect children, disabled, veterans and the poor. These are the people who elected Osama and re-elected him. I don’t think Obama and his children will miss any meals by his salary being cut 5% and NO cuts to Congress entitlements? Are these cuts needed to pay for Obama’s amnesty program?

This all means the debt Congress, Bush racked up will have to be paid by seniors, children, disabled and veterans after all.

Last edited:
OLe lady. I don't get where you are coming from. All those cuts you mentioned are the very things that rethugs have been calling for. How'd you come to blame Obama?

Do you want to be able to afford to give ultra rich people another tax cut? Then these old people are gonna have to make do with less. Along with the rest of us. Just the way it is in America these days.

Entitlement programs did not get us into this mess, it was tax cuts for the rich, loopholes and tax haven, jobs allowed to leave the country and two wars unpaid for.

OLe lady. I don't get where you are coming from. All those cuts you mentioned are the very things that rethugs have been calling for. How'd you come to blame Obama?

Do you want to be able to afford to give ultra rich people another tax cut? Then these old people are gonna have to make do with less. Along with the rest of us. Just the way it is in America these days.

I wan not blaming Obama for the cuts but for bending over for Congress once again as he bent over extending the tax cuts. Seniors are already getting along with less and less will kill them. Just the way congress and the Right has made America. They screw up every thing they get their hands on. Not the first time they have screwed up the country.
Obama promised he would not pay for Congress debt on the back of seniors, children, disabled and vets and he lied.

"My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance. My goal is, how do we grow the economy, put people back to work, and if we do that, we're going to be bringing in more revenue, if we control spending and we've got a smart entitlement package, then potentially what you have is balance. But it's not balance on the backs of the poor, the elderly, students who need student loans, families who've got disabled kids -- that's not the right way to balance our budget."

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2...-rejects-gop-premise-on-balanced-budgets?lite

Last edited:

Seniors have been making do with less for the past 10 years already. They have already been bled.

Forum List

Back