Obama defends Ann Coulter: "At Berkeley, she should be allowed to speak. It's ridiculous"

obama is a conservative moderate only psychotic brainwashed fox news racist trump rubes think he's some kind of far leftist

She was allowed to speak. She just decided to cancel. :dunno:
After she got death threats and was told they could not provide security from the nutcase libtards at berkeley
They ended up going out of their way to accommodate her, and she pussed out :dunno:

She bailed when the people who were going to PAY her bailed.

Duh...

paid speaker finds out they are not going to be paid, what should they have done?

Apparently keep crying about free speech. Getting hired to give a speech for $20,000 is not free speech. It's a business matter.

And Will replies with a laughie face thus conceding my point is irrefutable.

From the Clinton News Network (CNN)
Ann Coulter says her Berkeley speech canceled - CNN.com

attorney for the Berkeley College Republicans and Young America's Foundation told reporters that the university was denying conservative groups their rights. The lawyer said the school told her it wouldn't provide a room for the event.

War on campus

"The First Amendment requires equal access, not one level of open access for conservatives, out in the open, with attackers shouting us down," lawyer Harmeet Dhillon said, "and another level of access in a private, closed setting where people are allowed to enjoy an educational opportunity without interruption."

• No venue
Troy Worden, president of the Berkeley College Republicans, said at an outdoor news conference that the university didn't provide a venue.
"In effect, our free speech has been stifled because the university has decided not to assist us in making sure the event can occur successfully," he said as protesters shouted nearby. "We aren't going to have a dangerous event."
He blamed the university and campus police, who have cited credible threats against Coulter and others connected with announced event.
The Berkeley College Republicans and Young America's Foundation are suing the university, accusing the school of discriminating against conservative guest speakers by placing onerous time and location restrictions on their appearances. "A lawsuit is a long-term remedy that is going to affect not just Ann Coulter's speech but other speakers at UC Berkeley," Dhillon told reporters. "The goal is much larger than Ann Coulter's speech here tomorrow."
The university had no comment on the lawsuit, Mogulof said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/us/berkeley-protests-trump/index.html

Hey, when Martin Bashir got fired from MSNBC for his infamous (and brilliant) attack on Sarah Palin,

did any of you Coulter fans here throw a fit over his free speech rights being infringed?

WTH!?! Barack Obama DEFENDS Ann Coulter!?!

Min reported, “Doris Kearns Goodwin asked him about his views on the First Amendment, and he said, listen, I think that things that are going on right now, on college campuses can be crazy. They’re a little extreme. He said, Ann Coulter, at Berkeley, she should be allowed to speak. That’s ridiculous. Of course she should be allowed to speak.”

Watch the video from CNN from the link.

He defended Coulter to 150 Wall Street elites who paid Obama $400k.

Obama is now a "Rich" supporter of Ann Coulter!!!

Daaaaamn.
Unfortunately for conservatives, they have been ignorant of the fact that Obama, all along, was a big proponent of the rights of the American public. Too much Fox News will rot your brain son. This isn't a surprising statement to anyone who even remotely followed politics during the past decade.

After she got death threats and was told they could not provide security from the nutcase libtards at berkeley
They ended up going out of their way to accommodate her, and she pussed out :dunno:

Duh...

paid speaker finds out they are not going to be paid, what should they have done?

Apparently keep crying about free speech. Getting hired to give a speech for $20,000 is not free speech. It's a business matter.

No, I"m laughing because it seems the idiots on here are the only ones on the Left that believe this isn't infringement of free speech.

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

They all seem to believe it's infringement.

Maybe you should set them straight?

Duh...

No, I"m laughing because it seems the idiots on here are the only ones on the Left that believe this isn't infringement of free speech.

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

thats part of the problem the democrats are too far to the right, americans need a party that's not afraid to stand up to the racist parasitic scum of the right

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

Since when did you decide they are right about everything?

btw, it's one thing to believe she SHOULD be allowed to speak. It's a very very far different matter to claim that she had a constitutional right to speak.

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

btw, it's one thing to believe she SHOULD be allowed to speak. It's a very very far different matter to claim that she had a constitutional right to speak.
dont fall for this shit, if some muslim or devil worshipper wanted to speak at a Christian school and was barred from speaking they would be 100% on the schools side

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

They all also believe that expanding background checks to buy guns is NOT infringement.

Who should be sued then? The University claims the right to keep the campus safe and secure. Is that not their right?

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

When did I say that?

(are you making sit up again, Willis?)

But I certainly take their view over yours, considering their experience in the field.

Bernie Sanders, Bill Maher Defend Ann Coulter's Freedom to Speak at Berkeley

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

dont fall for this shit, if some muslim or devil worshipper wanted to speak at a Christian school and was barred from speaking they would be 100% on the schools side

I've already, in more than one of the endless threads on this, pointed out the flagrant conservative hypocrisy,

for example, Liberty University outright banning the Democrat group on their campus - reason? Democratic values and beliefs conflict with Liberty University beliefs.

And guess what? USMB RW'er defense of Liberty U was unanimous, as far as I could tell.

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

When did I say that?

But I certainly take their view over yours, considering their experience in the field.

Okay, why then are you IMPLYING that I'm supposed to automatically agree with them?

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

I've already, in more than one of the endless threads on this, pointed out the flagrant conservative hypocrisy,

for example, Liberty University outright banning the Democrat group on their campus - reason? Democratic values and beliefs conflict with Liberty University beliefs.

And guess what? USMB RW'er defense of Liberty U was unanimous, as far as I could tell.
you could probably find a million more examples, except the students dont need to protest the staff outright bans them, like Berkeley should be doing

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

When did I say that?

lol, Bill Maher is a constitutional scholar now?

Duh...

Obama, disagrees
Pelosi disagrees
Maher disagrees
Sanders disagrees

They all also believe that expanding background checks to buy guns is NOT infringement.

Who should be sued then? The University claims the right to keep the campus safe and secure. Is that not their right?

deflecting to the second amendment now?

is that an admission you've lost the debate?

Forum List

Back