Obama draws a red line in Syria then runs away

• Banned
And by the way. That so called superior air defense system that Syria is supposed to have.....yeah, im calling bullshit. Israel seems to be having their way with it.

And by the way. That so called superior air defense system that Syria is supposed to have.....yeah, im calling bullshit. Israel seems to be having their way with it.

Israel seems to be having their way ...

that is the US response - and implicit for the future.

What do you think he should do with regard to Syria?

He should either stop drawing lines in the sand or follow through with his promise to do something about it.
Now he looks even weaker. Which I was sure wasn't possible.
Live and learn I guess.

Who cares if Syria thinks he looks weaker? They are still getting dealt with by Our proxy Israel. Secondly, I would prefer him to err on the side of caution instead of getting us into another cluster fuck over WMD'S. Many people have, much to their own peril, thought that we were "weak"...............

I believe as POTUS if you are going to make threats you damn sure better be prepared to back up your rhetoric.

This type of meandering led us to where we are with NK.

We have been through things with NK for decades now. Do you think he should have followed through with that "red line" and deployed troops into Syria?

That's some fantastic implementation of foreign policy.

Wonder what Iran is thinking right now?

The line in the sand was in regard to Syria using chemical weapons against its citizens. As far as I know, there is no verifiable proof that Syria has done so.

He's being cautious. Something that Bush should have done. Do you want another Iraq on our hands?

Be patient and wait for the evidence to come in -- if it even exists. Save your war drum beating for that day.

He should either stop drawing lines in the sand or follow through with his promise to do something about it.
Live and learn I guess.

Who cares if Syria thinks he looks weaker? They are still getting dealt with by Our proxy Israel. Secondly, I would prefer him to err on the side of caution instead of getting us into another cluster fuck over WMD'S. Many people have, much to their own peril, thought that we were "weak"...............

When dealing with Israel, I am always left wondering just who is the proxy.

I believe as POTUS if you are going to make threats you damn sure better be prepared to back up your rhetoric.

This type of meandering led us to where we are with NK.

We have been through things with NK for decades now. Do you think he should have followed through with that "red line" and deployed troops into Syria?

Why does everyone always assume that troops on the geound are our only weapons and deterrents?

The line in the sand was in regard to Syria using chemical weapons against its citizens. As far as I know, there is no verifiable proof that Syria has done so.

He's being cautious. Something that Bush should have done. Do you want another Iraq on our hands?

Be patient and wait for the evidence to come in -- if it even exists. Save your war drum beating for that day.

Like we waited for a response in Benghazi?

Laughable

Live and learn I guess.

So the rest of the world doesn't have the internet or news casts?
I had no idea we were the only one.
Dont make threats if you dont plan on following through with them. Kind of like the boy who cried wolf. After awhile no one's going to believe you.

Laughable

What?....

Please, Benghazi is a totally different situation. Don't even go there.

Syria is a country with an effective military. We can't just make a couple of targeted airstrikes and fly a Mission Accomplished banner. We'll have to put 'boots on the ground'. Are you willing to pay for it? Are you willing to take the chance that these reports of chemical weapons are accurate? Yes? Well, thankfully, you're not in charge.

Did you want him to drop the bomb on the first reports, before they are confirmed?

And are you willing to borrow more from China to finance the next war?

I personally dont give a crap if Syria gasses the shit out of its people.
I do however care if the prez makes my country look weak.

Live and learn I guess.

So the rest of the world doesn't have the internet or news casts?
I had no idea we were the only one.
Dont make threats if you dont plan on following through with them. Kind of like the boy who cried wolf. After awhile no one's going to believe you.

Gramps, what don't you get? The red line was in regard to chemical weapons. There is no verifiable proof that chem weapons have been used. This isn't the wild west. This is serious international business.

Ask Bin Laden about Obama following through on plans.

Laughable

What?....

Please, Benghazi is a totally different situation. Don't even go there.

Syria is a country with an effective military. We can't just make a couple of targeted airstrikes and fly a Mission Accomplished banner. We'll have to put 'boots on the ground'. Are you willing to pay for it? Are you willing to take the chance that these reports of chemical weapons are accurate? Yes? Well, thankfully, you're not in charge.

Syria has an effective military? Compared to what? The boy scouts?

Did you want him to drop the bomb on the first reports, before they are confirmed?

And are you willing to borrow more from China to finance the next war?

I personally dont give a crap if Syria gasses the shit out of its people.
I do however care if the prez makes my country look weak.

So, fuck the innocent citizens of Syria; drop some bombs on them before Isreal one-ups us? You people are fucking demented.

Forum List

Back