Obama drone oversight proposal prompts concern over 'kill courts'

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Of course what this means is Obama knows he circumvented the law, he broke the law with his "kill list." There is no denying it.

Obama drone oversight proposal prompts concern over 'kill courts' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Proposals to vet future US drone strikes risk creating "kill courts" according to human rights campaigners who say Barack Obama's promise of new legal oversight does not go far enough to end what they regard as extrajudicial executions.

The president has asked Congress to consider establishing a special court or oversight board to authorise lethal action outside warzones under a new counter-terrorism doctrine which he says will end the "boundless war on terror".

But responses to his speech from leading campaign groups, though broadly welcoming, highlight how little change Obama is proposing to the underlying principle that the US has a legal right to kill suspected terrorists abroad without trial.

This issue is far worse than Watergate, yet you're not going to see much outrage (from the majority of American's) over this.

Obama loves to kill people, now if he could get that death penalty ramped up and kill some of the sickos in prison, we may agree on something

It's amazing that apparently there are some people who don't realize that Congress gave the President the authority to use force against Al Qaeda.

It's amazing that apparently there are some people who don't realize that Congress gave the President the authority to use force against Al Qaeda.

I too am amazed at the low information voters who don't even know what is going on. Here is one of the "Al Qaeda" members Obama had killed:

images

Pretty scary dude right?

I am thinking the vast majority of Americans don't know whom Obama has ordered killed. NOW he is feeling guilty and wants to make laws to stop him from killing or at least stop him from being judge, jury and executioner. He don't need a law to do that he could self regulate.

Did the congress give the president the power to kill Americans?

This issue is far worse than Watergate, yet you're not going to see much outrage (from the majority of American's) over this.

Consider that the parties are split with democrats having a majority at what I would guess is about 47 percent. So that many people ain't gonna say a word. The rest don't know because even talk radio doesn't give it much play. Obama ordered the death of an innocent 16 year old boy and now they say it was an accident, too bad for him.

I wonder how different it would be if this would have been done 8 years ago.

I too am amazed at the low information voters who don't even know what is going on. Here is one of the "Al Qaeda" members Obama had killed:

images

Pretty scary dude right?

I am thinking the vast majority of Americans don't know whom Obama has ordered killed. NOW he is feeling guilty and wants to make laws to stop him from killing or at least stop him from being judge, jury and executioner. He don't need a law to do that he could self regulate.

Yeah..it's almost like Iraq never happened..

http://twp.duke.edu/uploads/assets/Kahn.pdf

images

Pretty scary dude right?

Yeah..it's almost like Iraq never happened..

http://twp.duke.edu/uploads/assets/Kahn.pdf

Still fighting, and dying in Afghanistan, which, like your post is totally another subject.

images

Pretty scary dude right?

Was Ibrahim Muhammad Salih al-Banna a legitimate target?

images

Pretty scary dude right?

Not for me to decide and I don't trust the CIA to make that decision either.

But I will say that by accounts the 16 year old boy sure wasn't. What you need do is read up on how the drone program is run then you will see the problem. How do you think that the drone knows the target? The way they know is they pay informants to place a GPS device on a car supposedly containing the target, might, might not. It is all BS whether Bush did it or Obama it is scary stuff that we CAN NOT allow to continue.

Last edited:
Having a 'Kill Court' issue a 'Kill Order' is better than having none - better than an unaccountable and anonymous bureaucrat issuing a 'Kill Order'.

Last edited:

Hey, it didn't seem that way when Bush was President. So what's the deal?

When did I ever object to going after Al Qaeda?

Well, the fact you are defending Obama's behavior, when in one instance he DID NOT SEEK APPROVAL FROM CONGRESS in Libya, for example? Or what about just recently when his AG signed off on kill 4 American citizens "in his pursuit of Al-Qaeda"?

Funny how you so called "independents" work. You show the same partisan characteristics as the rest of them.

images

Pretty scary dude right?

Not for me to decide and I don't trust the CIA to make that decision either.

But I will say that by accounts the 16 year old boy sure wasn't. What you need do is read up on how the drone program is run then you will see the problem. How do you think that the drone knows the target? The way they know is they pay informants to place a GPS device on a car supposedly containing the target, might, might not. It is all BS whether Bush did it or Obama it is scary stuff that we CAN NOT allow to continue.

So you would de facto grant Al Qaeda safe haven in any place that made it unlikely we could kill or capture them without risking civilian casualties, or causing some other sort of undue disturbance?

How in the world did you ever support going after al qaeda in Afghanistan in 2001...
...or did you?

Forum List

Back