Obama Excoriates Republican Obsession With The Term ‘Radical Islam’

wow. so you think the president doesn't think isis exists, or extremism exists?

are you that dumb or just pretending?

Ok then, why can't he just say it? What if this were WW II? What, would he refer to the Nazi's as what, "Lederhosen people"? Or "people that have issues with Jews"?
he refers to groups by their names.

We are at war with radical Islam, no matter whether they call themselves Boko Haram, ISIS, ISISL, etc.
and you don't understand there are different groups with different motivations and causes.

you are taking the lazy way. no wonder it's the favorite of the gop

Their motivations and causes matter not.
a simple minded view

Republicans are trying to trap Obama into declaring a war on Islam

It is not going to work

Obama has declared War on Islam.

It has destroyed Syria to defend Israel.

Israel doesn't need help to defend itself from Syria.

Bullshit.

It has been begging for help since at least 1996.

A newly-released Hilary Clinton email confirmed that the Obama administration has deliberately provoked the civil war in Syria as the “best way to help Israel.

How's that Syrian nuclear reactor working out?

Other world leaders including Cameron use the phrase. Obama is out to lunch and really isolated on this bullshit.

Ok then, why can't he just say it? What if this were WW II? What, would he refer to the Nazi's as what, "Lederhosen people"? Or "people that have issues with Jews"?

We are at war with radical Islam, no matter whether they call themselves Boko Haram, ISIS, ISISL, etc.
and you don't understand there are different groups with different motivations and causes.

a simple minded view

No, it is called reality.... and frankly, we know what their motivations are. It's all in the Quran.

“Calling a threat by a different name does not make it go away,” the president said.

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Tuesday forcefully rebuked Republicans who have berated him for refusing to characterize lone wolf terror attacks by Muslim individuals as acts of “radical Islam.”

Speaking from the Treasury Department two days after a Muslim man shot 49 people to death at a gay nightclub in Orlando after declaring allegiance to the self-described Islamic State group, the president challenged his detractors to identify a single tangible benefit of adjusting his choice of words to describe the attack.

“What exactly would using this label accomplish? What exactly would it change? Would it make ISIL less committed to try to kill Americans? Would it bring in more allies? Is there a military strategy that is served by this?” Obama asked rhetorically, using another name for the Islamic State.

“The answer is none of the above. Calling a threat by a different name does not make it go away.”

"Not once has an adviser of mine said, ‘Man, if we really use that phrase, we’re gonna turn this whole thing around.’ Not once." ~ President Barack Obama

More: Obama Excoriates Republican Obsession With The Term 'Radical Islam'

Thank you, Mr. President. I totally agree. Trump can't stop lying about the birthplace and citizenship of the Orlando shooter. They were both born in New York - within walking distance of each other.
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
bippity-boppity-boo

did I miss where Lakhota posted a link to Trump claiming the Orlando douche wasn't born in NYC? I'm sure I missed it, noway would Lakhota lie

It is not going to work

Bullshit.

A newly-released Hilary Clinton email confirmed that the Obama administration has deliberately provoked the civil war in Syria as the “best way to help Israel.

Luckily Syria did not retaliate.

Why Obama/Hillary believe US involvement is necessary is beyond my comprehension.

It is not going to work

Bullshit.

Why Obama/Hillary believe US involvement is necessary is beyond my comprehension.

Lucky for Syria.

Bullshit.

Lucky for Syria.

Bullshit

If Putin gets involved then we have WWIII

a simple minded view

No, it is called reality.... and frankly, we know what their motivations are. It's all in the Quran.
sun tzu would disagree

Lucky for Syria.

Bullshit

Why would he?
What would he do?
Did he respond when Israel knocked out the secret Syrian reactor or not?

“Calling a threat by a different name does not make it go away,” the president said.
No one suggested it would. He's full of shit, being a liberal and all. The point is that you have to recognize the problem before you can attempt to address it. Failing to use some derivative of Islam and extremism means you are not getting it. The libs know it's a weak point especially now after this monster attack so they are flinging shit like there's no tomorrow hoping it goes away.

Lucky for Syria.

Bullshit

Why would he?
What would he do?
Did he respond when Israel knocked out the secret Syrian reactor or not?

Israel acts because it knows it can count of US taxpayers to bail them out.

Israel approached the Central Intelligence Agency with this evidence, and, according to the Jerusalem Post, the U.S. “looked up satellite coordinates for the site” and “helped Israel pinpoint possible ‘drop sites’.” The two countries discussed the possibility of the U.S. carrying out the strike; American officials even examined options for doing so. Eventually, the White House conveyed the message “that the U.S. preferred not to attack.” In fact, “U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Defense Secretary Robert Gates attempted to convince Israel ‘to confront, not attack’.”

How do you fight an enemy you can't even bring yourself to admit exists?
wow. so you think the president doesn't think isis exists, or extremism exists?

are you that dumb or just pretending?

So why didn't we say we were at war with "radical Christianity" during the Waco mess? Why aren't y'all calling the Planned Parenthood attacks the works of "radical Christian extremists"?

I'm fine with y'all attaching "radical" whatever if you apply it consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess we are not allowed to call a portion of them radical anymore. Now it is all of Islam that is the problem. Obama has spoken.

So why didn't we say we were at war with "radical Christianity" during the Waco mess? Why aren't y'all calling the Planned Parenthood attacks the works of "radical Christian extremists"?
Probably because we weren't. It was a small isolated cult who's leader thought he was the messiah. Not Christian and not worldwide stirring up shit.

Why are liberals incapable of ANY measure of discernment?

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Tuesday forcefully rebuked Republicans who have berated him for refusing to characterize lone wolf terror attacks by Muslim individuals as acts of “radical Islam.”

Speaking from the Treasury Department two days after a Muslim man shot 49 people to death at a gay nightclub in Orlando after declaring allegiance to the self-described Islamic State group, the president challenged his detractors to identify a single tangible benefit of adjusting his choice of words to describe the attack.

“What exactly would using this label accomplish? What exactly would it change? Would it make ISIL less committed to try to kill Americans? Would it bring in more allies? Is there a military strategy that is served by this?” Obama asked rhetorically, using another name for the Islamic State.

“The answer is none of the above. Calling a threat by a different name does not make it go away.”

"Not once has an adviser of mine said, ‘Man, if we really use that phrase, we’re gonna turn this whole thing around.’ Not once." ~ President Barack Obama

Thank you, Mr. President. I totally agree. Trump can't stop lying about the birthplace and citizenship of the Orlando shooter. They were both born in New York - within walking distance of each other.

Maybe we should take a page from the President and refer to radical Islam as "those who cling to their explosive vests and qurans".

Maybe we should take a page from the President and refer to radical Islam as "those who cling to their explosive vests and qurans".

You mean like Christians clinging to their guns and Bibles? Radical Christianity?

Forum List

Back