Obama Extending Broadband Internet Access to Public Housing Residents

Fer fuck's sake, you people got nothing better to complain about? The private sector is going to contribute $70 million to this project. The US govt. is contributing a paltry $50k.

Who pays the monthly bills?
The tenants pay the monthly bills, just as they do for cable television service.

Did you miss the part where this whole program is littered with government grants? Do you think that money just fell off the government grant tree?
Grants to build and maintain the Wi-Fi infrastructure. But I saw nothing about subsidizing monthly payments..

So you don't think a private company should be able to donate $70 million of their money to this?
They can donate it however they wish... but that money isn't coming out of their profits, and it isn't reducing their stockholder dividends.
Since it isn't coming from either of those sources, then where IS it coming from?

Dont ask em the hard questions.....it really fucks up the utopian world they live in.

Where does the money private companies gives to political campaigns come from?

And that has to do with what?

You're getting your panties in a twist over a private company and what they do with their money. Private companies are donating money (not really "donating" since they will see a return on their investment) to a program that will bring low cost internet to the underserved population. You have a problem with that. (You know, 'cause Jesus would be pissed about charity and all) You seem to think that you, as a customer, should have some say where a private company's money goes.

Do you have a problem with a private company donating to political campaigns? Where does THAT money come from?

You do have a say, as a customer. If you don't like what a private company does with the money you give them, you stop being a customer. Stop googling!!!! :lol:

Wow free high speed internet and free "devices" I guess that means computers, tablets, and phones. How many will be pawned for drugs and alcohol? At $50 a month that's about $14 million a month this hand out will cost us.

:cuckoo:

In select markets, Sprint will offer free wireless broadband access to families with kids in public housing. In Seattle, CenturyLink Inc will provide broadband service for public housing residents for $9.95 a month for the first year.

Cox Communications Inc [COXC.UL] is offering home Internet for $9.95 a month to families with kids in school in four cities in Georgia, Louisiana and Connecticut.

Obama launches project for more broadband in public housing - Yahoo News

Hey dumb ass... the tax payers ARE THE PRIVATE SECTOR. These corporations are merely charging their existing customers through their government supplied monopolies to fun this supposedly free shit that is being paid for by the private sector. I pay my effing bills and a portion of my bill goes to fund these moochers. This is nothing more than a welfare tax.

In select markets, Sprint will offer free wireless broadband access to families with kids in public housing. In Seattle, CenturyLink Inc will provide broadband service for public housing residents for $9.95 a month for the first year.

Cox Communications Inc [COXC.UL] is offering home Internet for $9.95 a month to families with kids in school in four cities in Georgia, Louisiana and Connecticut.

Fer fuck's sake, you people got nothing better to complain about? The private sector is going to contribute $70 million to this project. The US govt. is contributing a paltry $50k.

The tenants pay the monthly bills, just as they do for cable television service.

Did you miss the part where this whole program is littered with government grants? Do you think that money just fell off the government grant tree?
Grants to build and maintain the Wi-Fi infrastructure. But I saw nothing about subsidizing monthly payments..

So you're saying these ghetto dwellers are going to be paying the same price I do for internet service?
If so they are getting way to much money from the tax payers.

I don't why the rest of us bothers working and struggles to pay for our own shit. FIRST; OscamCare now Obamanet. he's just so generous. probably have a sign on it that's says: vote Democrat

SNIP:
By Susan Jones | July 15, 2015 | 11:50 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The information superhighway is heading straight into taxpayer-subsidized housing.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development on Wednesday announced an initiative to extend affordable broadband access to families living in HUD-assisted housing.

The project, launching in 27 cities and one tribal nation, is called ConnectHome. (President Obama planned to discuss ConnectHome later Wednesday at the Choctaw Indian reservation in Oklahoma.)

Internet Service Providers, non-profits and the private sector will arrange broadband access as well as technical training, digital literacy programs, and devices for residents in public housing units.

ALL of it here:
Wow...!!! What else to I have to pay for these deadbeats?

You're not paying anything.
What a dumb ass you are. What are you like 10? You think it costs nothing to get you your welfare shit? What a dumb ass.

:lol:

Speaking of dumb asses, you should have read before you bothered to open your mouth and let the flies come out. Because this has already been addressed. This is not a welfare program. Private entities, including Google, are contributing $70 million to expand broadband access. Various ISPs will then be offering low priced internet service to public housing residents.

You idiot lunatics are so deranged you're selling your souls to double down on your hatred for Obama. This is exactly the kind of initiative we Republicans should be praising. It's a private sector solution, where businesses are taking action of their own free will, to mutually serve their business interests and their own desire to help communities.

Where do you think these "private entities" get the money to pay for this free shit? They pass the cost on to their paying customers.

Where do "private entities" get the money to donate to political campaigns?

This isn't "free shit". This is an investment opportunity. They are putting in the infrastructure, the tenants have to pay for monthly access. Jesus read the fucking links!!!!!

So you don't think a private company should be able to donate $70 million of their money to this?
They can donate it however they wish... but that money isn't coming out of their profits, and it isn't reducing their stockholder dividends.
Since it isn't coming from either of those sources, then where IS it coming from?

Dont ask em the hard questions.....it really fucks up the utopian world they live in.

Where does the money private companies gives to political campaigns come from?

And that has to do with what?

You're getting your panties in a twist over a private company and what they do with their money. Private companies are donating money (not really "donating" since they will see a return on their investment) to a program that will bring low cost internet to the underserved population. You have a problem with that. (You know, 'cause Jesus would be pissed about charity and all) You seem to think that you, as a customer, should have some say where a private company's money goes.

Do you have a problem with a private company donating to political campaigns? Where does THAT money come from?

You do have a say, as a customer. If you don't like what a private company does with the money you give them, you stop being a customer. Stop googling!!!! :lol:

No...the thing is you dumbfucks think the shit is going to be free.
You're wrong,we as paying customers will be footing the bill.

Littered? 50K is "littered".

Is it too much to ask to get through one day without having to argue with an ignorant uninformed liberal? This thing is tapping into millions in government grants, it took me about 2 minutes to find that out by reading about this program.

So you're saying these ghetto dwellers are going to be paying the same price I do for internet service?

No. But guess what? You don't pay the same amount for internet that I do.

If Sprint chooses to give them a reduced rate, it's Sprint, not the government, giving them the reduced rate.

(face palm) then keep reading.

If Sprint chooses to give them a reduced rate, it's Sprint, not the government, giving them the reduced rate.

And where did sprint get the money?

Hey dumb ass... the tax payers ARE THE PRIVATE SECTOR. These corporations are merely charging their existing customers through their government supplied monopolies to fun this supposedly free shit that is being paid for by the private sector. I pay my effing bills and a portion of my bill goes to fund these moochers. This is nothing more than a welfare tax.

I'll add you to the list of idiots who think shit is free as if by magic.

Wow...!!! What else to I have to pay for these deadbeats?

You're not paying anything.
What a dumb ass you are. What are you like 10? You think it costs nothing to get you your welfare shit? What a dumb ass.

:lol:

Speaking of dumb asses, you should have read before you bothered to open your mouth and let the flies come out. Because this has already been addressed. This is not a welfare program. Private entities, including Google, are contributing $70 million to expand broadband access. Various ISPs will then be offering low priced internet service to public housing residents.

You idiot lunatics are so deranged you're selling your souls to double down on your hatred for Obama. This is exactly the kind of initiative we Republicans should be praising. It's a private sector solution, where businesses are taking action of their own free will, to mutually serve their business interests and their own desire to help communities.

Where do you think these "private entities" get the money to pay for this free shit? They pass the cost on to their paying customers.

Where do "private entities" get the money to donate to political campaigns?

This isn't "free shit". This is an investment opportunity. They are putting in the infrastructure, the tenants have to pay for monthly access. Jesus read the fucking links!!!!!
I read them. It's subsidized service. Who's do you think is subsidizing it? The man-in-the-moon?

:rofl:

What a disaster this is going to turn out to be. It's not like these folks are going to get secured lines. It will be like the access you get in a coffee shop.

Actually no, they have done this in Savannah, Ga already.

Used tax monies and private sector monies to establish a Wi-fi corridor in the downtown area that also encompasses several low income housing projects.

The actual pay rates are a joke and equate to about $1 / hr. The free access last for 2 hrs. / day.

The gateway for log on is private sector controlled and with a username and password you get the same high encryption signal as a private router.

Trust me, you no pay, you no get no free service over 2 hrs / day.

Another stupid comment... Next time read the OP....

Did you miss the part where this whole program is littered with government grants?

*raises hand, waves frantically*

I missed that part. :link:

Private and public institutions have pledged to invest $70 million in the plan. The federal government is only contributing $50,000, Julian Castro, the secretary of Housing and Urban Development, told reporters on a conference call.

I don't see how, are you legally blind or something?

And where did sprint get the money?

:lol: STOP BEING A CUSTOMER if you don't like it.

Where does Sprint get their money for political campaign donations? We can do this all day.

Sprint and Google are private companies that answer to stockholders. Stockholders obviously had no problem getting more customers. Since you do, you have a choice to not be a customer of theirs.

Forum List

Back