Obama Extending Broadband Internet Access to Public Housing Residents

Wow free high speed internet and free "devices" I guess that means computers, tablets, and phones. How many will be pawned for drugs and alcohol? At $50 a month that's about $14 million a month this hand out will cost us.
All these programs start out cheap it will cost 1000 times that amount within a year or two. The only thing sure to drive up prices exponentially is to make them free.

Wow...!!! What else to I have to pay for these deadbeats?

You're not paying anything.
What a dumb ass you are. What are you like 10? You think it costs nothing to get you your welfare shit? What a dumb ass.

No...he's pointing out that you did not read any of the links provide by him and ibd...that showed this is being paid for through the private sector.
Hey dumb ass... the tax payers ARE THE PRIVATE SECTOR. These corporations are merely charging their existing customers through their government supplied monopolies to fun this supposedly free shit that is being paid for by the private sector. I pay my effing bills and a portion of my bill goes to fund these moochers. This is nothing more than a welfare tax.

Sprint is paying for it. Sprint and other private companies. Read the REAL links, not the one provided by Section 8 housing resident Stephanie.
And Sprint is paying for it with money received from it's customer base, aka taxpayers.

Like I said, you seriously can't think too badly of these nuts. Whatever disgusting, bone head cliche you can think of applies to them.

Fer fuck's sake, you people got nothing better to complain about? The private sector is going to contribute $70 million to this project. The US govt. is contributing a paltry $50k.

And where does the private sector get their money?

What? So you don't think a private company should be able to donate $70 million of their money to this? You're okay with the private sector donating billions to political campaigns though, right?

Do you really believe they are just giving away 70 million?:lmao:
They'll either write it off as a charitable donation or jack up everyone else's costs to cover it.
Either way,we the tax payer or internet subscriber will be paying for it.
You fucken liberals are either extremely naive or think that we are.

So you don't think a private company should be able to donate $70 million of their money to this?
They can donate it however they wish... but that money isn't coming out of their profits, and it isn't reducing their stockholder dividends.
Since it isn't coming from either of those sources, then where IS it coming from?

Ask them. They're donating it. Since they do have to answer to stockholders and this isn't some "secret" deal...I'm pretty sure they signed off on it.

See, in the end, they get more customers. It works out for them. These people will be paying for their access. Read the REAL LINKS.

So you don't think a private company should be able to donate $70 million of their money to this?
They can donate it however they wish... but that money isn't coming out of their profits, and it isn't reducing their stockholder dividends.
Since it isn't coming from either of those sources, then where IS it coming from?

Dont ask em the hard questions.....it really fucks up the utopian world they live in.

What a dumb ass you are. What are you like 10? You think it costs nothing to get you your welfare shit? What a dumb ass.

No...he's pointing out that you did not read any of the links provide by him and ibd...that showed this is being paid for through the private sector.
Hey dumb ass... the tax payers ARE THE PRIVATE SECTOR. These corporations are merely charging their existing customers through their government supplied monopolies to fun this supposedly free shit that is being paid for by the private sector. I pay my effing bills and a portion of my bill goes to fund these moochers. This is nothing more than a welfare tax.

Sprint is paying for it. Sprint and other private companies. Read the REAL links, not the one provided by Section 8 housing resident Stephanie.
And Sprint is paying for it with money received from it's customer base, aka taxpayers.

Okay...so your issue is with Sprint, not "Obama" as Welfare recipient Stephanie is claiming.

I guess this doesn't belong in politics eh?

So do you also get this incensed over the billions that private companies donate to political campaigns you don't agree with?

Dont ask em the hard questions.....it really fucks up the utopian world they live in.

Where does the money private companies gives to political campaigns come from?

Fer fuck's sake, you people got nothing better to complain about? The private sector is going to contribute $70 million to this project. The US govt. is contributing a paltry $50k.

Who pays the monthly bills?
The tenants pay the monthly bills, just as they do for cable television service.

Did you miss the part where this whole program is littered with government grants? Do you think that money just fell off the government grant tree?

I don't why the rest of us bothers working and struggles to pay for our own shit. FIRST; OscamCare now Obamanet. he's just so generous. probably have a sign on it that's says: vote Democrat

SNIP:
By Susan Jones | July 15, 2015 | 11:50 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The information superhighway is heading straight into taxpayer-subsidized housing.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development on Wednesday announced an initiative to extend affordable broadband access to families living in HUD-assisted housing.

The project, launching in 27 cities and one tribal nation, is called ConnectHome. (President Obama planned to discuss ConnectHome later Wednesday at the Choctaw Indian reservation in Oklahoma.)

Internet Service Providers, non-profits and the private sector will arrange broadband access as well as technical training, digital literacy programs, and devices for residents in public housing units.

ALL of it here:

:lol:

Speaking of dumb asses, you should have read before you bothered to open your mouth and let the flies come out. Because this has already been addressed. This is not a welfare program. Private entities, including Google, are contributing $70 million to expand broadband access. Various ISPs will then be offering low priced internet service to public housing residents.

You idiot lunatics are so deranged you're selling your souls to double down on your hatred for Obama. This is exactly the kind of initiative we Republicans should be praising. It's a private sector solution, where businesses are taking action of their own free will, to mutually serve their business interests and their own desire to help communities.

The tenants pay the monthly bills, just as they do for cable television service.

Did you miss the part where this whole program is littered with government grants? Do you think that money just fell off the government grant tree?

Littered? 50K is "littered".

"Keep Obama in President. He got me a phone. He gonna do more."

Free internet is "more".

Next Obama initiative? Free adult diapers!! Why bother to walk to the toilet? The gubmint will take care of your every need!!!

These people will be paying for their access.
Yes, but at a much reduced rate. The company providing that service will not willingly take a "loss" providing that service, so the potential profits that would have been made had it been a full-price customer will be made up for in other areas.

Where does the money private companies gives to political campaigns come from?

And that has to do with what?

I don't why the rest of us bothers working and struggles to pay for our own shit. FIRST; OscamCare now Obamanet. he's just so generous. probably have a sign on it that's says: vote Democrat

SNIP:
By Susan Jones | July 15, 2015 | 11:50 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The information superhighway is heading straight into taxpayer-subsidized housing.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development on Wednesday announced an initiative to extend affordable broadband access to families living in HUD-assisted housing.

The project, launching in 27 cities and one tribal nation, is called ConnectHome. (President Obama planned to discuss ConnectHome later Wednesday at the Choctaw Indian reservation in Oklahoma.)

Internet Service Providers, non-profits and the private sector will arrange broadband access as well as technical training, digital literacy programs, and devices for residents in public housing units.

ALL of it here:

:lol:

Speaking of dumb asses, you should have read before you bothered to open your mouth and let the flies come out. Because this has already been addressed. This is not a welfare program. Private entities, including Google, are contributing $70 million to expand broadband access. Various ISPs will then be offering low priced internet service to public housing residents.

You idiot lunatics are so deranged you're selling your souls to double down on your hatred for Obama. This is exactly the kind of initiative we Republicans should be praising. It's a private sector solution, where businesses are taking action of their own free will, to mutually serve their business interests and their own desire to help communities.

Where do you think these "private entities" get the money to pay for this free shit? They pass the cost on to their paying customers.

They have this belief that there are people of limitless income, who don't work or have bills of their own to pay....whose sole purpose is to give them stuff.

Forum List

Back