Obama Forgets Writing on Gun Questionnaire (2008 Flashback)

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Obama Forgets Writing on Gun Questionnaire (2008 Flashback)​

Apr 17, 2008

ABC News’ Teddy Davis and Talal Al-Khatib Report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., maintained at Wednesday’s ABC News debate in Philadelphia that his handwriting does not appear on a 1996 questionnaire stating support for a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns. The Democratic presidential frontrunner made this claim even though a copy of the original document suggests otherwise.

"No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire, Charlie. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns," said Obama.

The Illinois Democrat made his remarks after ABC News’ Charlie Gibson told Obama: "In 1996, your campaign issued a questionnaire, and your writing was on the questionnaire that said you favored a ban on handguns."

The questionnaire, which was filled out for an organization called "Independent Voters of Illinois – Independent Precinct Organizations," appears to have Obama’s handwriting on the first page plus a typewritten answer to the gun question on the last page.

Read the questionnaire with the handwriting here

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama Forgets Writing on Gun Questionnaire - ABC News

Forum List

Back