Obama gives a shout out to non believers .....

Thanks. :)

I was wondering if there were branches like Orthodox or Reformed. I don't really know that much about atheism and I don't think anyone I'm acquainted with is one to tell me about it.

You got me puzzling over what a Reformed Atheist might be.

or a born again atheist. :lol:

(please don't take this as mockery)

You obviously don't know what hate is, then. Hate is when you tell somebody they are a poor example of their own religion..which you don't adhere to, incidentally. Hate is when you question a person about their religion, and tell them they hate others because they believe what they believe in.

Hate is not calling atheists assholes. I may be right or wrong, but that's not hate. Hate would be saying I want atheists wiped off the planet. Hate would be saying I hope they go to hell, which I have adamantly said is not the case.

The only hate being shown here is the hate you have for me, and possibly all Christians, as evidenced in your insistence that by being a believer, I'm also a hater, and by insisting I don't have the right to point out the hypocrisy of atheism when they whimper and whine about not being included among lists of religions. (And saying that it's hypocritical of atheists to want to be included among lists of religions is also not hatred).

Grow up, Christian hating loser.

YOu are insane, I called you a hater because you spewed hate for anyone who doesnt believe in your definition of religion (which is not even the correct definition) by calling them asshole for just being happy their presidnet recognised they were part of the american experience.

Calling people who believe differently assholes simply because they are different from you is Hate.

You are proving Over and Over that you are a horrible christian.

You are the one who chose your religion, you should be willing to follow its tennets. Christ would not be proud of your hate for others.

I have never seen you show any love to anyone who was different from you.

You hate everything that doesnt fit into your little mean spirited world.

I said nothing about other christians , I said YOU were a hater.

YOu are insane, I called you a hater because you spewed hate for anyone who doesnt believe in your definition of religion (which is not even the correct definition) by calling them asshole for just being happy their presidnet recognised they were part of the american experience.

Calling people who believe differently assholes simply because they are different from you is Hate.

You are the one who chose your religion, you should be willing to follow its tennets. Christ would not be proud of your hate for others.

Which also make YOU judgemental---this could go on forever. :lol:

Im not a christian.

I dont have to follow the tennets of a religion I did not chose.

Why cant you guys figure that one out?

Judge not others lest ye be judged.

What was Jesus trying to tell our little all in babble?

Last edited:
Im not a christian.

I dont have to follow the tennets of a religion I did not chose.

Why cant you guys figure that one out?

Judge not others lest ye be judged.

What was Jesus trying to tell our little all in babble?

That Allie the Babbletist, as indoctrinated as she is in her religion and the words of her holy book, still exhibits such animosity and demonizing of other people is evidence that religion does little to provide a moral compass for humanity.

I know its because I dont just accept whatever the current government of israel tells the world without questions.

Mmkay, Babble. Let's look at just one, and see what you have to say about it.

As I've mentioned previously, Scripture cannot establish an accurate date of Jesus’s birth. Luke 2:1-5 reports that “And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city. Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child."

Now, Publius Sulpicius Quirinius governed Syria during A.D. 6-9, after Herod Archelaus was banished. Similarly, the census taken during his period of governance occurred in A.D. 6, and Gamaliel mentioned in Acts 5:37 that this caused a violent revolt, (perhaps inspired by religious objections by the Jews in memory of King David’s sinful attempt to do the same thing), a fact that is recorded by the historian Josephus. But if Jesus was born in A.D. 6, the attempts of Herod the Great to murder him that are recorded in Matthew 2 cannot be accurate, since Herod died in 4 B.C.

Hence, there is a discrepancy of about ten years between the Gospel of Matthew and the Gospel of Luke. Moreover, if we regard the birth date of A.D. 6 as being accurate, Luke’s account that “Jesus began his ministry at about thirty years of age” in Luke 3:23 would seem to be inaccurate.

Thus, it is for that reason that the author of the Gospel of Luke is regarded as having made a mistake, which of course, poses some problems for the conception of the Bible as “infallible” and “divinely inspired.”

So what do you say, Babble? :eusa_drool:

What are you waiting for, Babble?

That Allie the Babbletist, as indoctrinated as she is in her religion and the words of her holy book, still exhibits such animosity and demonizing of other people is evidence that religion does little to provide a moral compass for humanity.

REally? Who do I demonize?

No, I call them assholes for the shitty things they say about Christians, all the while complaining that their "religion" of atheism isn't adequately acknowledged...though as atheists, allegedly they shouldn't be acknowledged along with the faithful of any religion.

I follow the tenets of my religion just fine, and just because you insist I hate others doesn't mean I do, idiot. I don't hate you, even, but that doesn't mean I won't point you out as an idiot when you're being one. If you think that's hatred, as I've said before, you have obviously never been exposed to true hatred.

Let's talk about hating everything that doesn't fit into someone's mean spirited little world. Once again, I repeat...(and you will of course pretend not to hear) I have no hatred whatsoever for non-believers. I pity them. I pity you. Of course I do, because if you were to die today, you'd burn in a pit of fire forever. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, if I had one, and you certainly don't rise up to that level.

I put up a pretty fine rebuttal of the "judge not" misquote you like to throw around, using biblical references. And just for your information, the "judge not" passage is something you might consider while you're whining about me allegedly "judging" you, because you are doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing. You're judging me. It's ridiculous. You're accusing me of doing exactly what you're doing.

What part of Christian doctrine suggests calling atheists 'assholes'?

Shall we count how many times you used that phrase just in this one thread alone?

What would be impressive would be Christians who truly turn the other cheek, and don't feel threatened and retaliate when their beliefs are challenged.

When Christians are strong in thier faith and demonstrate Christ's teachings it is completely delightful.

Let's see more Christ-like Christians.

Forum List

Back