Obama Had A Lower Average Approval Rating Than NIXON

"Obama Doesn't Get The Gold, Silver Or Bronze For Avg Approval Rating"

"President Barack Obama had a lower average approval rating than a president who resigned and another who was impeached, according to Gallup.

Gallup published Jan. 20 that Obama’s average approval rating was
47.9 percent. When compared to post-World War II presidents, Obama ranks 9th out of 12"
That is a Brent Bozell poll eh ....CNS news LOL

I am impressed that Obama was ranked higher than even Harry Truman ...:badgrin:

It's somewhat bogus in that it's the overall average. All potuses have tough times. Reagan looked like a one termer in 1982. Nixon cruised to re-election, and the economy was good and we were getting out of Vietnam and could say with a somewhat straight face "peace with honor." I'm not bothering to look it up, but Obama's outgoing numbers are impressive. But how he'll be judged over time is another issue.

Bush not only spent like a drunken sailor... he spent like a fleet of drunken sailors. He was extraordinarily stupid on how much he spent on the foreign aid
Really?!

In 6 years - during 2 wars, 9/11/01, and the aftermath of 9/11/01 - he added $2.5 Trillion. In his last 2 years another $1.5 Trillion was added by the near Super Majority Democratic Party Controlled congress.

Starting out with that same control of Congress his 1st 2 years Obama went on to add nearly $7 trillion in only 4 years. Altogether, over 8 years, Obama oversaw almost DOUBLE the debt addition under Bush - more debt addition than EVERY US President COMBINED before him.

Snowflakes, however ,insist 'if it went bad it was Bush's fault', much like how Barry tried to blame the entire world for HIS ill-advised Syrian 'Red Line' F*-UP!

There was this thing called the Gfc. You might have heard of it.

I don't recall pollsters making such ridiculous electoral predictions, and unlike you, I was actually voting back then.

I don't recall pollsters making such ridiculous electoral predictions

You do understand that they are not predicting, right.....they are just reporting the poll responses..these have a "margin of error"......The estimated outcomes have P-values attached to them.

They just are......they cannot be "ridiculous"...

Yes, I understand how statistics work, I also understand when they are weighted in such a manner as to bias the outcome.
If their intent is to deceive, why make your methodology public?

Because the MAJORITY of people are not going to bother to look. And the majority of those aren't educated enough to see what they are doing.
So it is not the pollsters, but The Stupid, who are the problem.....

No, the pollsters are the problem too because they publish numbers that stupid people believe. And then when they lose they are so shocked and saddened that they have to resort to crying circles and coloring books.

It's somewhat bogus in that it's the overall average. All potuses have tough times. Reagan looked like a one termer in 1982. Nixon cruised to re-election, and the economy was good and we were getting out of Vietnam and could say with a somewhat straight face "peace with honor." I'm not bothering to look it up, but Obama's outgoing numbers are impressive. But how he'll be judged over time is another issue.
Waiting until the very last second before he walks out the door to give terrorists / Israel's enemies millions of dollars ain't going to win him any admirers/points.

You know what you didn't see reported in the OP's citation (which cribbed from ANOTHER 2nd hand report on the Gallup release)?

That Gallup had Obama at 59% last week........the third highest outgoing JAR ever....

I don't think you're getting this. The thread is about all time average Presidential approval ratings. It's not about individual yearly approval ratings. Obama did leave office with a 59% rating, but that's not his overall average rating.
The thread is a rebleat of a rebleat of a Gallup release......the rebleat relies on the rebleat because the original source makes reference to facts which the "readers" of the rebleaters will find unsettling.....

as I stated earlier, think of Daily Caller and CNS as "safe spaces" for those who cannot handle good news..

Let me guess, you're a Public School math failure? You're clearly having a lot of trouble grasping this. Take a deep breath and slow down. Try again.

Prep School, Private College and Grad School.......You?

Why don't you take a minute and read the original citation first.......then go look at the Gallup release to which it refers....

let me know what I have gotten wrong.

His average approval rating number ranks pretty low. Sorry you don't like that, but it is what it is. Ya get over it kid.

It only matters when he left office. Bush's numbers were in the toilet.

Waiting until the very last second before he walks out the door to give terrorists / Israel's enemies millions of dollars ain't going to win him any admirers/points.
I'm not defending his job performance. But I'd cut Bibi loose.

You know what you didn't see reported in the OP's citation (which cribbed from ANOTHER 2nd hand report on the Gallup release)?

That Gallup had Obama at 59% last week........the third highest outgoing JAR ever....

I don't think you're getting this. The thread is about all time average Presidential approval ratings. It's not about individual yearly approval ratings. Obama did leave office with a 59% rating, but that's not his overall average rating.
The thread is a rebleat of a rebleat of a Gallup release......the rebleat relies on the rebleat because the original source makes reference to facts which the "readers" of the rebleaters will find unsettling.....

as I stated earlier, think of Daily Caller and CNS as "safe spaces" for those who cannot handle good news..

Let me guess, you're a Public School math failure? You're clearly having a lot of trouble grasping this. Take a deep breath and slow down. Try again.

Why don't you take a minute and read the original citation first.......then go look at the Gallup release to which it refers....

His average approval rating number ranks pretty low. Sorry you don't like that, but it is what it is. Ya get over it kid.
Are you AFRAID of reading that Daily Caller bit?

and if CNS and Daily Caller aren't reporting on what Gallup actually said, whose tender sensibilities are they sparing.......and why?

I suspect history will not treat him very well. He was certainly not in W's category of catastrophe, but imo he will be labeled for many lost opportunities. But being somewhere in the middle of potuses is not a horrible thing.

Well, if that consoles you. Whatever. But his overall average is pretty low.

I suspect history will not treat him very well. He was certainly not in W's category of catastrophe, but imo he will be labeled for many lost opportunities. But being somewhere in the middle of potuses is not a horrible thing.

Personally, i didn't see much difference between Bush and Obama. I saw very few major policy differences. I think those who did see major differences, just wanted to see differences. Obama continued most of Bush's awful policies. Hopefully Trump will do his own thing. I like his Anti-Globalist stance. Hopefully he'll really look out for Americans. We haven't had that in a long time.

Personally, i didn't see much difference between Bush and Obama. I saw very few major policy differences. I think those who did see major differences, just wanted to see differences. Obama continued most of Bush's awful policies. Hopefully Trump will do his own thing. I like his Anti-Globalist stance. Hopefully he'll really look out for Americans. We haven't had that in a long time.
Obama did not come near to W's Iraq debacle. We lost 3K at the WTC and another 4K in Iraq, and the military familes were decimated with the wounded. Obama allowed ISIS to destabilize Europe, but as Trump notes, Europe is not JobOne.

Obama did not come near to W's Iraq debacle. We lost 3K at the WTC and another 4K in Iraq, and the military familes were decimated with the wounded. Obama allowed ISIS to destabilize Europe, but as Trump notes, Europe is not JobOne.

I hear ya somewhat. But i saw very few major policy differences. Obama continued most of Bush's awful policies.

"President Barack Obama had a lower average approval rating than a president who resigned and another who was impeached, according to Gallup.

47.9 percent. When compared to post-World War II presidents, Obama ranks 9th out of 12"
So just three spots behind Reagan? Only 5% behind Reagan?

Not bad.

chart-presidents-ranked-3.jpg

So just three spots behind Reagan? Only 5% behind Reagan?

Not bad.

chart-presidents-ranked-3.jpg

Guess where Truman is generally rated the highest in overall job performance by historians?

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

Not to diss easy, but the news story was more about taking a fact and spinning it to something having little to do with the fact.

And of course Obama had one of the highest final approval ratings of any President.

I wonder why Easy forgot to mention that? Must have slipped her mind.

His final job approval rating, based on Jan. 17-19 Gallup Daily tracking, was 59%. Only Clinton (66%) and Reagan (63%) had higher scores in Gallup's last measurement of their approval ratings, while Eisenhower (59%) and Kennedy (58%) had similar final ratings.

Obama Averages 47.9% Job Approval as President

In his worst day in office Nixon had consistently better ratings than Lincoln. The comparison is admittedly meaningless unless you consider that lefties who claimed to be fooled by polls that supported Hillary before the election still rely on the same skewed polls.

Forum List

Back